Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
    Congrats to Ship on the win, but as a husky fan that was hard to watch.
    Oh, I could not sympathize with you more. That had to have been cover-your-eyes territory. And playing into that gale in the fourth quarter did not help you a bit.

Comment

Not only is Lock Haven’s play-by-play commentator not a “homer,” his excitedness about the action almost sounds like he’s an ESU guy.

Two sacks leads to TOD. ESU at midfield with with under 5:00 remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Shippensburg 7, Bloomsburg 0 final. Tanner Hess with 100 rushing yards.

I think it was four years ago that Slippery Rock was killing the clock from the shotgun at Ship, messed up the snap and lost.
        Exactly, I can't believe they were doing that, especially when I saw shaky snaps on both of Montross's last two punts. Glad they survived. With how well Lock Haven played today, I don't see another game remaining on the schedule where I'd favor Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
          Not only is Lock Haven’s play-by-play commentator not a “homer,” his excitedness about the action almost sounds like he’s an ESU guy.

Two sacks leads to TOD. ESU at midfield with with under 5:00 remaining.
          That guy broadcasts every single LHU sport. I really hate him for wrestling because after several years in LH he still doesn't know the sport but he compensates with enthusiasm and voice inflection.

Comment

Who would have guessed that, if given the choice between seeing LHU-Millersville next Saturday or Shippensburg-Shepherd, I might have opted for the 'Ville?

Comment

Lock Haven has a good broadcast - good announcer, good camera work.

I'm not sure why Lock Haven didn't start using their timeouts earlier. East Stroudsburg with a solid "4 minute drive" with good runs against a LHU stacked against the run.

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                Congrats to Ship on the win, but as a husky fan that was hard to watch.
                Yeah, Ship basically stopped running its offense with 11 minutes left in the game and tried to give it away with penalties, but Bloom was unable to take advantage. That Bloom end almost made a nice catch at the end of the game. Both our teams have a lot of work to do if they're going to win any games the remainder of the season.

Comment

The weather was obviously going to affect things, but Redd Douglas could have studied for a philosophy exam this afternoon.

Comment

East Stroudsburg converts a 4th and 4 to retain possession and will run out the clock. The Warriors survive at Lock Haven 35-21.

Comment

• ESU does not cover, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Oh, I could not sympathize with you more. That had to have been cover-your-eyes territory. And playing into that gale in the fourth quarter did not help you a bit.
                        Yea bad weather never helps anybody. Blooms offensive output has declined every game so fat (points wise). I noticed that Bloom swaped qbs towards the end. I don't know if that was wise. All that's going to do is hurt his confidence.
                        GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Who would have guessed that, if given the choice between seeing LHU-Millersville next Saturday or Shippensburg-Shepherd, I might have opted for the 'Ville?
                          While I miss the days of Shepherd rolling through the regular season mostly unscathed, as a D2 and particularly PSAC football fan, it’s nice to see more of a balance existing within the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            So, IUP did not cover for pick'ems purposes.
                            Missed PAT - go figure

Comment

The weather was obviously going to affect things, but Redd Douglas could have studied for a philosophy exam this afternoon.
                              Yeah, if they want to keep him another year they'd better start targeting him on occasion. Hess had a nice game today, but I was glad to see Neely finally get a few carries. I was beginning to wonder if he was injured. Today didn't prove much with the weather conditions, but I'd like to see the Stoner kid get a start or two in better weather and see what he could accomplish. Nothing much to lose at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

While I miss the days of Shepherd rolling through the regular season mostly unscathed, as a D2 and particularly PSAC football fan, it’s nice to see more of a balance existing within the division.
                                It's better for the league as a whole because you don't get better playing patsies. Outside of Lock Haven (and they seem better this year), the other programs in the division have all had their moments in the sun at one time or another. There's no reason the division shouldn't be better balanced than it has been recently. I'm hoping Ship will get the message.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X