Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I experienced IUP in its true party heyday and it was pretty wild back then. It was obviously a totally different school then than it is today. IUP earned its rep. Put it that way.

In that era (mid 90s to early 00s) I'd say IUP and Edinboro had the best party scene (with Clarion in third). Clarion actually had some hot college bars back then.

Cal was completely dead on weekends. SRU only had one bar and it was 7 miles or so away (and had that oh so perfect mix of college drunks and Butler County locals). Rock was more of a house/basement party scene back then.

Gannon was always a fun night until you had to walk home (praying you weren't mugged or shot).

Can't comment on the East schools as I never spent much time at any of them.

​​​​Project X ... very underrated film.
    I was at Bloomsburg within the last 10 years and was even part of a crowd that got tear gassed during block party (can’t remember if it was 2012 or 2013; it was an ugly incident for the Bloomsburg PD) but never made it to any of the other PASSHE schools for comparison. There were certainly fun times in basements or frathouses and I was a bit sad to hear when the Bloomsburg Hardware Bar (and its sister bars in Harrisburg and Scranton if I remember correctly) changed their style to a “brewpub” but I always felt that some of my friends and other students were blowing the wildness of the school/town out of proportion. Of course I’m just one person and my recollections aren’t the gospel.

Comment

I imagine IUP is only #1 because they heard of this IUPatty's weekend and just said Party School.

But do the frats today...are there even frat houses anymore...have the 10pm..Midnight...2am keg party schedule like they did back in the day?

I always remembered Philadelphia Street to be quite active on Friday and Saturday Night...and there was always fights in bars...you couldn't make it through a night without some dumb ass drunk yinzers having to fight over nothing.

Comment

IUP is calling the Home Office today to demand an explanation...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          I imagine IUP is only #1 because they heard of this IUPatty's weekend and just said Party School.

But do the frats today...are there even frat houses anymore...have the 10pm..Midnight...2am keg party schedule like they did back in the day?

I always remembered Philadelphia Street to be quite active on Friday and Saturday Night...and there was always fights in bars...you couldn't make it through a night without some dumb ass drunk yinzers having to fight over nothing.
          There's still some activity, but its much less. Frat row is mostly moved on. The activity is located in the apartments behind the Regency mall - copper beech, and the verge(?), its more isolated from the town than it used to be, so fewer problems. Students don't do the binge drinking thing so much anymore, which is a good thing. There is a feeling among some students that Driscoll's crack down on the party scene had a big part is the enrollment collapse, with the rowdy students leaving, but the less rowdy students weren't convinced. Perhaps that's all changing a bit now. Let's hope. The unexpected rating will probably help enrollment overall.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            The Home Office blamed the scoreboard operator at Miller Stadium.

That dude is having a rough year.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              You are just mad East Dennyburg is a school for nerds.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

There's still some activity, but its much less. Frat row is mostly moved on. The activity is located in the apartments behind the Regency mall - copper beech, and the verge(?), its more isolated from the town than it used to be, so fewer problems. Students don't do the binge drinking thing so much anymore, which is a good thing. There is a feeling among some students that Driscoll's crack down on the party scene had a big part is the enrollment collapse, with the rowdy students leaving, but the less rowdy students weren't convinced. Perhaps that's all changing a bit now. Let's hope. The unexpected rating will probably help enrollment overall.
                It didn't seem like it at the time in 1984...but being packed in like sardines in the basement of some rickety fire trap frat house drinking repackaged and unfiltered Allegheny River water (or what Yinz call Iron City Beer)...was a rather dangerous and risky proposition. And we did it three times a night..at least if you were underage.

Does the LCB raid everything out that way too....it seems like the LCB was pretty aggressive in Western PA back in the day too. Always raiding bars.......

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It didn't seem like it at the time in 1984...but being packed in like sardines in the basement of some rickety fire trap frat house drinking repackaged and unfiltered Allegheny River water (or what Yinz call Iron City Beer)...was a rather dangerous and risky proposition. And we did it three times a night..at least if you were underage.

Does the LCB raid everything out that way too....it seems like the LCB was pretty aggressive in Western PA back in the day too. Always raiding bars.......
                  Iron City would have been an upgrade in my era. We mainly did Sierra and Jacob's Best.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X