Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midway point Playoff picture SR1

It's early, but thought I'd take a look around the region and get a grip on where everyone seems to be at.

MEC- As our buddy Boat has been excited to mention, dominated the OOC slate they were given. Could and probably should land 2 spots in the playoffs if some teams start to separate themselves.
    1. Charleston 5-0- Meat of their schedule remains, plays all 4 teams below in the next 5 weeks.
    2. WV State 4-1 (4-0 vs D2)- 1 loss is to Morehead State (FCS)
    3. Fairmont State 4-1
    4. Frostburg State 3-1
    5. NDC 3-2 - WVS and Charleston next 2 weeks will be telling.

NE10- Even at this early juncture, this is a 2 team race it seems for the playoffs. Could be a 2 bid league if these 2 continue to pull away from the pack. Especially if NH is the winner of their game on 10/28. Assumptions win over Kutztown should resonate come playoff time.
    1. New Haven 4-1- Lost to Frostburg State
    2. Assumption 3-1- Win vs Kutztown is looking better and better last 2 weeks. Lost to GV, which will still look great on the SOS portion.

GMAC- As usual, conference cannibolizes itself during the season. There really are only 2 teams at present that look like playoff contenders. Ashland bit off a bit more then they could chew with that early gauntlet and with 3 losses, is probably not in the playoff picture.
    1. Tiffin 5-0- Offense is impressive, will probably be undefeated going into the final week against Findlay.
    2. Findlay 4-1- Last 2 games of the season against Ashland and Tiffin will seal their playoff fate. Will probably have to split those to get a chance at playoffs.

PSAC- Whacky year in the PSAC. SRU is the clubhouse leader and looks to be the most complete team at the halfway point. Conference is much deeper than previous years in terms of competitive ball clubs, but that could lead to similarly to the GMAC where they cannobilize each other.
    1. SRU 5-0 - Cal at home in a few weeks, but should probably roll to the PSAC champ game at 10-0.
    2. ESU 4-1- Dealing with QB issues, big W against IUP. Finishes with Shepherd/Cal
    3. Cal 3-1- Still has IUP/SRU on schedule, has not been able to put a complete game together or finish against upper echelon competition.
    4. Shepherd 4-1- Wildly inconsistent. The Kutztown loss, could prove to be a blessing come playoff time. Will be in a battle every week to finish the year.
    5. Kutztown 3-2- Loss to Assumption is going to hurt, but already 2-0 against their top competition in the PSAC East. Inside track to the State game, which will be interesting if they lose it for a 3rd loss.
    6. IUP 3-2- Similar to Shepherd, just wildly inconsistent. If they can beat Cal this weekend, the rest of the schedule is very manageable. Should be 9-2 and still in good shape to grab a spot for the playoffs.

If forced to guess, just for fun. I'd say the rankings should look like this as of today:

1. SRU
    2. Tiffin
    3. Charleston
    4. WV State
    5. New Haven
    6. Findlay
    7. Assumption
    8. ESU
    9. Shepherd
    10. Cal/Fairmont

I'm not doing my official bracketology until next week, but a quick look gives me the following:

1. Slippery Rock
    2. Charleston
    3. Tiffin
    4. West Virginia State
    5. Frostburg State
    6. East Stroudsburg
    7. Shepherd
    8. California
    9. Findlay
    10. Assumption

Comment

Great summary! All I can comment on is the NE-10. I've seen New Haven twice - a shadow of the 2021 &; 2022 squads. Big drop off at QB. I think Aasumption runs the table.to go 9-1 and get the only NE-10 bid. Bentley should be 4-0 but lost 2 games by 1 pt. [WC & NH]. But they aren't the team they've been the last 2 seasons. The coaching carousel has resulted in some lean recruiting years. Falcons have zero depth along the O & D lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
        I'm not doing my official bracketology until next week, but a quick look gives me the following:

1. Slippery Rock
        2. Charleston
        3. Tiffin
        4. West Virginia State
        5. Frostburg State
        6. East Stroudsburg
        7. Shepherd
        8. California
        9. Findlay
        10. Assumption
        I brainfarted on Frostburg State. Thanks Ink!

FSU should be up higher than I had them.

Comment

Has the rankings matrix changed since last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            It's early, but thought I'd take a look around the region and get a grip on where everyone seems to be at.

MEC- As our buddy Boat has been excited to mention, dominated the OOC slate they were given. Could and probably should land 2 spots in the playoffs if some teams start to separate themselves.
            1. Charleston 5-0- Meat of their schedule remains, plays all 4 teams below in the next 5 weeks.
            2. WV State 4-1 (4-0 vs D2)- 1 loss is to Morehead State (FCS)
            3. Fairmont State 4-1
            4. Frostburg State 3-1
            5. NDC 3-2 - WVS and Charleston next 2 weeks will be telling.

NE10- Even at this early juncture, this is a 2 team race it seems for the playoffs. Could be a 2 bid league if these 2 continue to pull away from the pack. Especially if NH is the winner of their game on 10/28. Assumptions win over Kutztown should resonate come playoff time.
            1. New Haven 4-1- Lost to Frostburg State
            2. Assumption 3-1- Win vs Kutztown is looking better and better last 2 weeks. Lost to GV, which will still look great on the SOS portion.

GMAC- As usual, conference cannibolizes itself during the season. There really are only 2 teams at present that look like playoff contenders. Ashland bit off a bit more then they could chew with that early gauntlet and with 3 losses, is probably not in the playoff picture.
            1. Tiffin 5-0- Offense is impressive, will probably be undefeated going into the final week against Findlay.
            2. Findlay 4-1- Last 2 games of the season against Ashland and Tiffin will seal their playoff fate. Will probably have to split those to get a chance at playoffs.

PSAC- Whacky year in the PSAC. SRU is the clubhouse leader and looks to be the most complete team at the halfway point. Conference is much deeper than previous years in terms of competitive ball clubs, but that could lead to similarly to the GMAC where they cannobilize each other.
            1. SRU 5-0 - Cal at home in a few weeks, but should probably roll to the PSAC champ game at 10-0.
            2. ESU 4-1- Dealing with QB issues, big W against IUP. Finishes with Shepherd/Cal
            3. Cal 3-1- Still has IUP/SRU on schedule, has not been able to put a complete game together or finish against upper echelon competition.
            4. Shepherd 4-1- Wildly inconsistent. The Kutztown loss, could prove to be a blessing come playoff time. Will be in a battle every week to finish the year.
            5. Kutztown 3-2- Loss to Assumption is going to hurt, but already 2-0 against their top competition in the PSAC East. Inside track to the State game, which will be interesting if they lose it for a 3rd loss.
            6. IUP 3-2- Similar to Shepherd, just wildly inconsistent. If they can beat Cal this weekend, the rest of the schedule is very manageable. Should be 9-2 and still in good shape to grab a spot for the playoffs.

If forced to guess, just for fun. I'd say the rankings should look like this as of today:

1. SRU
            2. Tiffin
            3. Charleston
            4. WV State
            5. New Haven
            6. Findlay
            7. Assumption
            8. ESU
            9. Shepherd
            10. Cal/Fairmont
            I have to take exception with the assessment of ESU. QB play has not been their problem. If anything it has been a strength. Their defense sagged against Kutztown. otherwise they'd be 5-0. Each of the 3 QBs have played exceptionally well. The "problem" is none seem to be able to stay healthy.

Comment

I think that none of our QBs being able to stay healthy certainly qualifies as "QB issues".

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                I think that none of our QBs being able to stay healthy certainly qualifies as "QB issues".
                Kind of what I was getting at lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Kind of what I was getting at lol...
                  Then come right out and say it!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

How is the ESU faithful feeling about Millersville this weekend? Probably didn't have that one circled as one of the biggest games in the conference playoff picture this summer.

Comment

Mostly a pretty lame weekend regarding the playoff race -- barring some major upsets, of course.

PSAC

California at IUP - Real simple for Team Timeout. Win and the rest of the schedule is pretty easy. Lose and the season is over. Also a massive game for the Vulcans. A Cal win would set them up nicely prior to the SRU trip in a couple weeks. A loss would give Cal two defeats prior to heading up to SRU.

Millersville at East Stroudsburg - A Warriors' win will give the 'Ville the dreaded third loss. A Marauders' win would give them a huge boost and keep them in the mix.

MEC

West Virginia State at Notre Dame - ND looked dead prior to last weeks huge win at Frostburg State. West Virginia State is likely the best team in the region nobody is talking about. ND loses and it becomes banquet season.

GMAC

Pending something odd, no real impact games this weekend.

NE10

None of the teams in contention should be in any danger this week.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Simmer down and stop being a jackass to people just posting something for fun.

Comment

Cal will be a playoff team (likely) but I think SRU will hammer them.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Cal will be a playoff team (likely) but I think SRU will hammer them.
                            I think this is a year where SRU is just a lot better than some other PSAC teams who are rebuilding after major losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Simmer down and stop being a jackass to people just posting something for fun.
                              HA!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X