Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ( A GIGANTIC IF) the VULCANS somehow sneak by the SLIPPIES, the probable Wk 11 SRU-ESU will be almost as significant as the STATE GAME.
    But that assumes ESU can win in Wk10 @ SHEPHERDSTOWN, which is certainly not a given. Now I'm really confused....time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Three doesn't cut it. Nobody deserves a spot with three losses.
      You forget 2006 when two 7-3 NE10 teams got in over 8-2 IUP and Mon Valley U.

I was told they had a harder schedule.

Comment

As far as the PSAC is concerned, the conference is getting 3-4 teams in. And that most likely will be 3 teams. The Candidates are SRU, Cal, Kutztown, ESU and Shepherd. Now, obviously an upset would change things, but as it stands SRU is the closest thing to a lock the conference has.

The SRU - Cal game could be huge, especially for Cal. The Vulcans are an interesting case, holding a head-to-head over Kutztown but losing the head-to-head with Shepherd.

Kutztown has the head-to-head over Shepherd and ESU, but losing to Cal and already having two losses puts them on a little shaky ground.

The Shepherd - ESU game will be huge. Whoever wins this game will have a leg up to making the playoffs, unless they stumble somewhere else. Outside of SRU, we've all kind of cannibalized each other.

My gut tells me that we get 3 teams in. I could see a team or two with 2 losses being left out. I'll be honest, if Kutztown has 3 losses, it would be hard to justify them getting in over a 1-loss Shepherd or ESU, despite the head-to-head. It's going to be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
          As far as the PSAC is concerned, the conference is getting 3-4 teams in. And that most likely will be 3 teams. The Candidates are SRU, Cal, Kutztown, ESU and Shepherd. Now, obviously an upset would change things, but as it stands SRU is the closest thing to a lock the conference has.

The SRU - Cal game could be huge, especially for Cal. The Vulcans are an interesting case, holding a head-to-head over Kutztown but losing the head-to-head with Shepherd.

Kutztown has the head-to-head over Shepherd and ESU, but losing to Cal and already having two losses puts them on a little shaky ground.

The Shepherd - ESU game will be huge. Whoever wins this game will have a leg up to making the playoffs, unless they stumble somewhere else. Outside of SRU, we've all kind of cannibalized each other.

My gut tells me that we get 3 teams in. I could see a team or two with 2 losses being left out. I'll be honest, if Kutztown has 3 losses, it would be hard to justify them getting in over a 1-loss Shepherd or ESU, despite the head-to-head. It's going to be interesting.
          X factor in that SRU - Cal game is its SRU Homecoming. Huge crowd. Energized. Hostile visitors stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

X factor in that SRU - Cal game is its SRU Homecoming. Huge crowd. Energized. Hostile visitors stands.
            The Spock’s ruined IUP’s Homecoming (really IUP ruined it themselves)…they probably want that Daily Double.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yes but weather is supposed to crappy, usually Homecoming is biggest crowd of year, but I don't think we get to 9K. If the weather was like it was for this year's iup game there would be over 10K.

Comment

@inkblotsports via Twitter. His RR for SR1 through 10/14 weekend;

1. Slippery Rock 7-0
                2. Charleston (WV) 6-0
                3. Tiffin 7-0
                4. East Stroudsburg 6-1
                5. Shepherd 6-1
                6. California 5-1
                7. Assumption 5-1 (via EA)

8. Frostburg State 5-1 (Actual #7 ranking but bumped in this scenario for EA)
                9. Kutztown 5-2
                10. WV State 4-1 (4-2 overall, but FCS loss doesn't count for RR)

Big games this week that will significantly alter the rankings:

#10 WV State @ #8 Frostburg State
                #2 Charleston @ Fairmont State (5-2 record)
                #6 California @ #1 Slippery Rock

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X