Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

Do you really think Sheptock is on the hot seat?

Coach Darragh was let go and look where we're at. I'm not sure at the D2 level firing coaches on a whim works as well as stability. My feelings are to stay the course until his retirement, which isn't that far off. Isn't he pushing 60?
    Stay the course?

Comment

Coach Darragh was let go and look where we're at. I'm not sure at the D2 level firing coaches on a whim works as well as stability. My feelings are to stay the course until his retirement, which isn't that far off. Isn't he pushing 60?
      All that being said, at some point in the future Bloomsburg might be advised to give Tom Pajic a call. A Bloom alum who served as OC under Danny Hale.

Let me just reiterate, I support Coach Sheptock and his staff. Although my patience may run out after another losing season.
      GO HUSKIES!

Comment

He graduated in 85, so he is around 60. Darragh was given 5 mediocre years after winning the PSAC, two Eastern Divisions, and two NCAA births. Sheptock had three plus a Covid year to build something. I see no improvement in three losing seasons.

I agree it is difficult to find good coaching; otherwise everyone would have one. I still believe a head coach can make a difference in building a program. It is partly who he hires as assistants. I don't have much faith in the AD to make the right hire, given his track record. It seems in every sport, the HC he hired was a downgrade.

Comment

I can't speak to Sheptock, but I agree on stability. I don't think coaches should be fired for anything less than misconduct or inability to perform the duties as directed. Head coaches have a specific performance review rubric that takes into consideration the whole picture. Have him identify what went wrong and how to fix it. Is it out of his control? Move on. Is it something he can fix? Direct him to make the necessary changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

Stay the course?
            I'm obviously not satisfied with recent results. I'm just not a fan of coaches getting fired at the drop of a hat.

It is Coach Pribble's first year as OC. Like I said in another post, give Tom Pajic a call. Make him the OC and groom him to be Sheptock's successor.
            GO HUSKIES!

Comment

While we're at it, how about Jahri Evans as offensive line coach. I know I know, not likely but that would be interesting.
              GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I can't speak to Sheptock, but I agree on stability. I don't think coaches should be fired for anything less than misconduct or inability to perform the duties as directed. Head coaches have a specific performance review rubric that takes into consideration the whole picture. Have him identify what went wrong and how to fix it. Is it out of his control? Move on. Is it something he can fix? Direct him to make the necessary changes.
                That was the case when coaches were faculty members in the Health and Physical Education Department. Did they begin hiring outside contract coaches because of win/loss records? It still matters to have athletes graduate, but fielding a competitive team should be part of the performance review.

Comment

Congratulations to Kutztown on defeating Bloomsburg 24-3.

There was a point during the Danny Hale years when Bloom beat Kutztown 18 times in a row. This series has done a 180 as this was Kutztown's 7th straight win over the Huskies.

So far in the Coach Sheptock Era Bloom is 0-3 against Kutztown by a margin of 82-10. YIKES!
                  Kutztown used to be one of the whipping boys of the East. Ship still has a huge lifetime edge over them despite losing several in recent years. They've done a nice turnaround at K-town over the last decade, and with the way this year is going I certainly don't expect a good result for the Raiders out there this week. It's not cool to play all of the best teams you're playing in a given year on the road (not that the Raiders have been any terrors at home this year).

Comment

Isn’t this the last year of Sheptock’s contract? Even if the athletic department doesn’t dramatically “fire” him I could see them letting him go instead of renewing.

I also think there’s fair ground at this point for him to be on the hot seat. He’s now had multiple recruiting classes but has yet to produce many impact players. His in-game coaching and decision making haven’t been egregious this year but they haven’t gotten notably better. The W-L record is not any better than the back end of the Darragh tenure. I’m usually more of a process over results guy but even through that lense I don’t believe that Sheptock has shown enough in any of what I consider the core duties of being a HC (scouting, recruiting, player development, game planning, and in-game coaching) to merit an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Isn’t this the last year of Sheptock’s contract? Even if the athletic department doesn’t dramatically “fire” him I could see them letting him go instead of renewing.

I also think there’s fair ground at this point for him to be on the hot seat. He’s now had multiple recruiting classes but has yet to produce many impact players. His in-game coaching and decision making haven’t been egregious this year but they haven’t gotten notably better. The W-L record is not any better than the back end of the Darragh tenure. I’m usually more of a process over results guy but even through that lense I don’t believe that Sheptock has shown enough in any of what I consider the core duties of being a HC (scouting, recruiting, player development, game planning, and in-game coaching) to merit an extension.
                      I don't disagree with this. I guess when it comes to showing someone the door I'm reluctant. I never played football and I don't want to be overly critical of things I don't understand.

I feel bad for Sheptock. There was a buzz around the alum coming home to take over the program. It just hasn't panned out.
                      GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X