Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking as a West Chester player from the late 2000s to early 10s - it was always Bloomsburg, we didn't like them and they did not like us, plus the usual battles for the East during those years (10 & 11 notwithstanding) it STILL makes me happy to watch Bloom struggle the way they do. A close but not so close team we loved to hate was always Shippensburg for their antics. If I were to rank them in terms of rivalry: Again from a washed up old guy's perspective:

1. Bloom
    2. Shipp
    3. Kutztown
    4. ESU (they think they're a rival, but they really aren't, even Denny can't deny it, check the history)
    5. Ville (back in the day? YES. Not until this years disaster did they have a leg to stand on.)
    6. Cheyney?
    7. LHU?

EDIT: had to flip CU and LHU cause CU at least talked more crazy junk during the games

Now?

You kinda got me in box. My guess is KU, then Shipp. I still don't like or care for the Huskies but thats my old-head brain, likely with the way they've fallen off probably not as much. They transition as time goes I know but If I were to rank 'em that's what I would say. And I don't even know what to do with Shepherd? Because they don't belong here. I used to love going to play the big dawgs from the West, SRU, IUP, Cal - I still remember that 2012 Cal game so fondly.

Comment

Originally posted by ramstackle View Post
      Speaking as a West Chester player from the late 2000s to early 10s - it was always Bloomsburg, we didn't like them and they did not like us, plus the usual battles for the East during those years (10 & 11 notwithstanding) it STILL makes me happy to watch Bloom struggle the way they do. A close but not so close team we loved to hate was always Shippensburg for their antics. If I were to rank them in terms of rivalry: Again from a washed up old guy's perspective:

1. Bloom
      2. Shipp
      3. Kutztown
      4. ESU (they think they're a rival, but they really aren't, even Denny can't deny it, check the history)
      5. Ville (back in the day? YES. Not until this years disaster did they have a leg to stand on.)
      6. Cheyney?
      7. LHU?

EDIT: had to flip CU and LHU cause CU at least talked more crazy junk during the games

Now?

You kinda got me in box. My guess is KU, then Shipp. I still don't like or care for the Huskies but thats my old-head brain, likely with the way they've fallen off probably not as much. They transition as time goes I know but If I were to rank 'em that's what I would say. And I don't even know what to do with Shepherd? Because they don't belong here. I used to love going to play the big dawgs from the West, SRU, IUP, Cal - I still remember that 2012 Cal game so fondly.
      Yeah, it's changed around. West Chester, Bloom, and Ship have all regressed recently. They need to get things fixed and make the East a more competitive division again.

"Antics?" LOL.

Comment

I know I’m in the minority, but I still think Angelo Armenti was the best thing to come to California.
        As for rivalries, we’ve hated Indiana ever since I was at Cal in 1969. This was in basketball and football. And I think it still holds true for today. Back then, their size, their holier-than-thou attitude, and their great band (not any longer), was a thorn in our side. Any time we beat them was special. As for any other rivalries…I don’t think there were any other real ones. It was nice to anyone back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, it's changed around. West Chester, Bloom, and Ship have all regressed recently. They need to get things fixed and make the East a more competitive division again.

"Antics?" LOL.
          Walking down our sideline for our homecoming and talking trash to us counts as antics in my book, Shipp always had guys who talked crazy lol. But they were some battles, I miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by ramstackle View Post

Walking down our sideline for our homecoming and talking trash to us counts as antics in my book, Shipp always had guys who talked crazy lol. But they were some battles, I miss those days.
            Well, I respect your view, but I haven't seen many teams in the PSAC where kids don't run their mouths at one time or another. It's probably become more of a thing since you played. I'm old-school and can do without it, but that's the way it is right now. I see a lot of what the late Al McGuire used to call "French pastry" on the basketball court as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
              I know I’m in the minority, but I still think Angelo Armenti was the best thing to come to California.
              As for rivalries, we’ve hated Indiana ever since I was at Cal in 1969. This was in basketball and football. And I think it still holds true for today. Back then, their size, their holier-than-thou attitude, and their great band (not any longer), was a thorn in our side. Any time we beat them was special. As for any other rivalries…I don’t think there were any other real ones. It was nice to anyone back then.
              It’s not our fault we are better, we just are.

:-)
              Last edited by IUPNation; 10-14-2023, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
                I think he was both the best and worst thing to happen to Cal. He saved it from possible closure but had a vision for the school that bordered on delusional. His methods of trying to achieve that vision bordered on unethical.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s not our fault we are better, we just are.

Things change...last 20 games C'HAWKS are 7-13 versus VULCANS including several real heartbreakers, but you do still own BB....for now😉

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Things change...last 20 games C'HAWKS are 7-13 versus VULCANS including several real heartbreakers, but you do still own BB....for now😉
                    Now do the overall record and CALculate how many years it will take to assume the lead in it.

Also we didn’t get lumped into a sure to fail triad.

Our arena turns a profit and draws crowds for games.

Indiana County is a little bit nicer than the VietMon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think he was both the best and worst thing to happen to Cal. He saved it from possible closure but had a vision for the school that bordered on delusional. His methods of trying to achieve that vision bordered on unethical.
                      #football-strong was my personal favorite

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

#football-strong was my personal favorite
                        He also looked great in a track suit.

Comment

IUP’s only rival is the rock. When I was at IUP 99-03, that is the only PSAC team we lost to.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                            IUP’s only rival is the rock. When I was at IUP 99-03, that is the only PSAC team we lost to.
                            I don't know. That was a long time ago.

Cal obviously stunk during your era.

But, the trendy thing today is to just say your rivalry game is whomever is the next game. That's coach speak 2023 edition.

As a fan, I see Cal and SRU as equal in regard to the thread topic - not historically but current era.

Comment

When I was in school 02-06 Rock was the rival. Until the Cal won in 2005 (the chaos of all the suspensions of Franks last year) I think IUP had won 20 straight over Cal. Post graduation the combo of all the weird and crazy losses plus dealing with a certain Lenny obsessed poster on this board made losses to Cal more aggravating than losses to Rock. I don't think they sell them anymore but back when I was in school the CO-OP Store used to sell shirts that said: The Good (IUP), the Bad (Rock) and the Ugly (Clarion).

Comment

Old school IUP player (and if anyone knows about IUP football you know what position group I played for based on my username) . We laughed at almost all of the teams in the PSAC. Edinboro was the only group the best us in the conference (1 loss and 1 tie).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X