Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Things change...last 20 games C'HAWKS are 7-13 versus VULCANS including several real heartbreakers, but you do still own BB....for now😉
    Joe has won (I think) 23 in a row vs Cal

​​​​​Although, I agree, that streak will likely end this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Joe has won (I think) 23 in a row vs Cal

​​​​​Although, I agree, that streak will likely end this year.
      I'll believe it when I see it

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

#football-strong was my personal favorite
        Didn’t that end up being a hoax? Or at least a gross exaggeration by the guy who claimed he got beaten up by football players while they chanted it?

Comment

For Bloomsburg I think the answer is East Stroudsburg. Even though the games against WCU, Ship, and Ktown were more important when I was a student at BU from a historical perspective I don’t see any other candidate. BU has actually played roughly the same number of games against Lock Haven but the series against ESU is closer to even (45-46-2 from a BU perspective). Add in that there were a lot of beatings back in the bad old days for BU and it’s a series that I think most Huskies want to see wins and especially big ones in. The all-time series against WCU and Ktown are too lopsided (in WCU and Bloom’s favor respectively) for me to view those as serious rivalries.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
            For Bloomsburg I think the answer is East Stroudsburg. Even though the games against WCU, Ship, and Ktown were more important when I was a student at BU from a historical perspective I don’t see any other candidate. BU has actually played roughly the same number of games against Lock Haven but the series against ESU is closer to even (45-46-2 from a BU perspective). Add in that there were a lot of beatings back in the bad old days for BU and it’s a series that I think most Huskies want to see wins and especially big ones in. The all-time series against WCU and Ktown are too lopsided (in WCU and Bloom’s favor respectively) for me to view those as serious rivalries.
            Back in the dim, distant '60s I remember Bloomsburg having a standout offense with Rich Lichtel at quarterback and Bob Tucker at tight end. Tucker went on to play for the New York Giants in the NFL, and Lichtel was a standout high school coach at Mechanicsburg, where I believe they've named the field house after him.

Comment

Bloomsburg University and East Stroudsburg University – Division 2 football according to Wikipedia. The greatest games I saw were against West Chester.
              1983 won 25-24 after losing the year before 46-0 in Coach Landis 1st year
              1984 Bloom wins on Dedea to Still Hail Mary in West Chester
              1985 Bloom wins 8-6 on a rainy Redman when QB Al Neimela suffers a safety. Bloom wins the PSAC the next week.

Former WCU Coach Hale takes the reigns in 1993:
              2011 Biggest rally in NCAA Division II history to beat West Chester 55-42, after being down by 35 points

2017 Bloom wins at WCU with less than two minutes to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Bloomsburg University and East Stroudsburg University – Division 2 football according to Wikipedia. The greatest games I saw were against West Chester.
                1983 won 25-24 after losing the year before 46-0 in Coach Landis 1st year
                1984 Bloom wins on Dedea to Still Hail Mary in West Chester
                1985 Bloom wins 8-6 on a rainy Redman when QB Al Neimela suffers a safety. Bloom wins the PSAC the next week.

Former WCU Coach Hale takes the reigns in 1993:
                2011 Biggest rally in NCAA Division II history to beat West Chester 55-42, after being down by 35 points

2017 Bloom wins at WCU with less than two minutes to go.
                I was a student at the time at the game in 1985 - coldest game I was ever at. Below 30 degrees and rain, not snow!

Comment

Originally posted by nodnol View Post

I was a student at the time at the game in 1985 - coldest game I was ever at. Below 30 degrees and rain, not snow!
                  I always tried to get a parking spot close to the stadium, so I could get warm at halftime.

Comment

Originally posted by nodnol View Post

I drove up to watch two playoff games during my time at BU and both were in miserable weather. One against WCU, about 40 and rainy with strong winds. The other was about 25 and overcast with a bit of intermittent snow against Virginia State. Those hills make for a very nice stadium backdrop but can also make for some nasty game day weather.

Comment

I drove up to watch two playoff games during my time at BU and both were in miserable weather. One against WCU, about 40 and rainy with strong winds. The other was about 25 and overcast with a bit of intermittent snow against Virginia State. Those hills make for a very nice stadium backdrop but can also make for some nasty game day weather.
                      Oh that is true - especially when you get the winds coming from the one end zone that blow right down the hill towards campus!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X