Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

12 schollies equivalent in athletic money. But they also get guaranteed number of housing waivers and meal plan waivers that they can sell. Free housing & free meals for a freshman is almost the financial equivalent of a full tuition scholarship or 50% of the total cost scholarship.
    Still no response to substantiate these claims, so they’re likely another instance of your conjecture masquerading as definitive fact. And your disciples duly follow.

West Chester’s current president has his degrees in economics, but one doesn’t need a PhD to figure this out. It makes complete financial sense for a school that has plummeting enrollment (you can fill in a name here) to give a what would otherwise be empty room to a student-athlete to harvest that student’s tuition money. Conversely, it makes no economic sense for a school with strong enrollment to give a room to a student athlete when there’s another student willing and able to pay full price for that room.

The "scholarship" number is only athletic scholarship money. Parent tuition waivers, academic scholarships, or need-based aid don't count. Nor do fee waivers as long as the same fee waivers are also offered to general students.
    These parameters apply to all other schools as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Still no response to substantiate these claims, so they’re likely another instance of your conjecture masquerading as definitive fact. And your disciples duly follow.

West Chester’s current president has his degrees in economics, but one doesn’t need a PhD to figure this out. It makes complete financial sense for a school that has plummeting enrollment (you can fill in a name here) to give a what would otherwise be empty room to a student-athlete to harvest that student’s tuition money. Conversely, it makes no economic sense for a school with strong enrollment to give a room to a student athlete when there’s another student willing and able to pay full price for that room.

These parameters apply to all other schools as well.
      Its widely known among PSAC coaches. For whatever reason, PSAC West coaches usually have more scholarships but PSAC East coaches have the waivers. Unsure why its not more of a thing in the West. I don't believe I've ever seen it in writing to give to you as a irrefutable source.

Any financial aid that isn't limited to only athletes doesn't have to be counted as athletic aid. So if West Chester also offers housing & meal waivers to non-athletes for whatever criteria, then Zwaan doesn't have to count it as aid - but he can offer it in the recruiting cycle if its guaranteed to him. He can also become an expert on federal & state grants so he can target & sell the total financial combination of federal grants, state grants, and university aid for kids from lower earning households.

Comment

Its widely known among PSAC coaches. For whatever reason, PSAC West coaches usually have more scholarships but PSAC East coaches have the waivers. Unsure why its not more of a thing in the West. I don't believe I've ever seen it in writing to give to you as a irrefutable source.

Any financial aid that isn't limited to only athletes doesn't have to be counted as athletic aid. So if West Chester also offers housing & meal waivers to non-athletes for whatever criteria, then Zwaan doesn't have to count it as aid - but he can offer it in the recruiting cycle if its guaranteed to him.
        Earlier you definitively stated "they also get guaranteed number of housing waivers and meal plan waivers that they can sell", no it's "if its guaranteed to him". Your conjecture gets called out again.

He can also become an expert on federal & state grants so he can target & sell the total financial combination of federal grants, state grants, and university aid for kids from lower earning households.
        All other coaches could do this as well. They're still not football scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Earlier you definitively stated "they also get guaranteed number of housing waivers and meal plan waivers that they can sell", no it's "if its guaranteed to him". Your conjecture gets called out again.

All other coaches could do this as well. They're still not football scholarships.
          Stated as fact to me many times by reliable contacts and friends within PSAC athletic departments. I have no reason to doubt them.

Comment

Stated as fact to me many times by reliable contacts and friends within PSAC athletic departments. I have no reason to doubt them.
            He just mad Walk On U’s voodoo economics are out in the open.

Comment

Meanwhile, the deadline for applications for the WCU job closed on December 13. I would think we'll know who the new coach will be sometime in January.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X