Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

The number of posts about that very subject would say otherwise...
    More of a means to launch pot shots at you than anything. It was a pretty selfish/classless/dumb way to go out. Judging by your attitude this season, perhaps its just how the program once operated.

Jimmy T is a standup fella though, I wouldn't categorize him in that light.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

More of a means to launch pot shots at you than anything. It was a pretty selfish/classless/dumb way to go out. Judging by your attitude this season, perhaps its just how the program once operated.

Jimmy T is a standup fella though, I wouldn't categorize him in that light.
      You're entitled to your opinion, but Jimmy T would paint Coach Douds in a much different light. I don't expect you to comprehend it...

Comment

It was a pretty selfish/classless/dumb way to go out.
        I agree with this.

Comment

The number of posts about that very subject would say otherwise...
          There were just trolling you.

I thought it was kind of funny.

He said I’m done and I’m outta here..bye.

I guess not everyone wants a long farewell tour.

Comment

I think this will be a good "look under the hood" hiring process. Judging by who ultimately pursues the job, I'll be interested to see the level of interest. Would say Clements from Kutztown be interested if the support/program/$ is clearly a better situation? Maybe the Lock Haven coach who's had a phenomenal year there? Are there any WC supporters that have any scoop through the grapevine?

Comment

I think West Chester's location could field quite a wide range of candidates. I always believe that unless there is a very clear heir to the job that you couldn't see anyone else holding, you should always advertise & make the best choice you can in that moment.

Comment

I think this will be a good "look under the hood" hiring process. Judging by who ultimately pursues the job, I'll be interested to see the level of interest. Would say Clements from Kutztown be interested if the support/program/$ is clearly a better situation? Maybe the Lock Haven coach who's had a phenomenal year there? Are there any WC supporters that have any scoop through the grapevine?
                Been following PSAC football for over 30 years. In 1998, Danny Hale left West Chester and 5 years later landed at Bloomsburg. Lou Tepper went directly from Edinboro to IUP...Ray Monica was at Kutztown, left the PSAC, and is back at Clarion. Anyone remember another PSAC coach moving directly to another PSAC school as HC? I don't think it happens very often.
                Last edited by WarriorVoice; 11-08-2023, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Been following PSAC football for over 30 years. Danny Hale left West Chester and 5 years later landed at Bloomsburg. Lou Tepper went directly from Edinboro to IUP...Ray Monica was at Kutztown, left the PSAC, and is back at Clarion. Anyone remember another PSAC coach moving directly to another PSAC school as HC? I don't think it happens very often.
                  Part of that is the good jobs ($) don't open often. Even when they become available, they are often filled with internal hires (SRU and IUP recently) before even opening up to candidates.

Comment

Been following PSAC football for over 30 years. In 1998, Danny Hale left West Chester and 5 years later landed at Bloomsburg. Lou Tepper went directly from Edinboro to IUP...Ray Monica was at Kutztown, left the PSAC, and is back at Clarion. Anyone remember another PSAC coach moving directly to another PSAC school as HC? I don't think it happens very often.
                    Not quite the same, but 2002 PSAC West Coach of the Year Mark Luther (Lock Haven) left Lock Haven to be an assistant at Shippensburg.

For what its worth, Lou Tepper was PSAC West Coach of the Year two years in a row but at two different schools. Danny Hale did as well but not consecutively.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

He's had a good record, but those last few years have not been typical West Chester teams. Probably time for him to depart. That program is the current sleeping giant in the East, assuming they give the next coach some support.
                      Fact: West Chester has approx 12 Schoilies. That's it. They cannot compete at a top level in the PSAC with that allotment. They cannot get the talent they need without the money. Ask Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Fact: West Chester has approx 12 Schoilies. That's it. They cannot compete at a top level in the PSAC with that allotment. They cannot get the talent they need without the money. Ask Ship.
                        The next coach will need to have the same magic with Walk Ons!

Comment

12 schollies equivalent in athletic money. But they also get guaranteed number of housing waivers and meal plan waivers that they can sell. Free housing & free meals for a freshman is almost the financial equivalent of a full tuition scholarship or 50% of the total cost scholarship.

The "scholarship" number is only athletic scholarship money. Parent tuition waivers, academic scholarships, or need-based aid don't count. Nor do fee waivers as long as the same fee waivers are also offered to general students.

Comment

Get the whole story of what is spent on football. We call them the "walk-ons" for a reason.

Comment

If some people in Chester County wanted to make WCU football a thing, they could do it. They could blow everybody out of the water, money-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

12 schollies equivalent in athletic money. But they also get guaranteed number of housing waivers and meal plan waivers that they can sell. Free housing & free meals for a freshman is almost the financial equivalent of a full tuition scholarship or 50% of the total cost scholarship.

The "scholarship" number is only athletic scholarship money. Parent tuition waivers, academic scholarships, or need-based aid don't count. Nor do fee waivers as long as the same fee waivers are also offered to general students.
                                Not a doubt they are slinging around the same money as the big West schools. Call it whatever they want ... Creative accounting, etc.

They do the same thing in men's basketball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X