Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR1 Championship Game

Why is SRU hosting KU in the regional championship? KU was the three seed and SRU four.

Originally posted by Ramparsons View Post
    Why is SRU hosting KU in the regional championship? KU was the three seed and SRU four.
    There are pages of discussion on this topic from last week. Long story short, KU didn't put in a bid to host. SRU did.

Comment

NCAA doesn't automatically award hosting to the higher seed for D2. Nobody knows why but its been that way for ages. Kutztown didn't put in a bid (they were due back in October) but SRU did, so SRU automatically hosts. I have my suspicions why but if KU wins everyone there will lighten up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        NCAA doesn't automatically award hosting to the higher seed for D2. Nobody knows why but its been that way for ages. Kutztown didn't put in a bid (they were due back in October) but SRU did, so SRU automatically hosts. I have my suspicions why but if KU wins everyone there will lighten up.
        What are your suspicions as to why? What would lead a school to not put in a bid to host?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

What are your suspicions as to why? What would lead a school to not put in a bid to host?
          Home basketball doubleheader at 1 and 3. NCAA requires 12:00 kickoff. At KU, the stadium and field house share a lot of parking. Basically would have overloaded the athletics staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Home basketball doubleheader at 1 and 3. NCAA requires 12:00 kickoff. At KU, the stadium and field house share a lot of parking. Basically would have overloaded the athletics staff.
            Seems like it could have been easier to move the basketball games to like say 4 and 6.

Comment

Hoping for a perfect results days in D2…meaning Kutztown wins again and Harding and Eleanor Whines wins so that it’s a final four with no MIAA, GLIAC and GSC team in the Final Four.

Comment

Big TD to start for KU

Comment

I have no dog in this fight, but I could never imagine a school like Shepherd or IUP failing to submit a bid to host a playoff game.

Comment

Kutztown out here making Rock's defense look inept.

Comment

Huge TD for Rock right before the half. 21-14 KU

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        Hoping for a perfect results days in D2…meaning Kutztown wins again and Harding and Eleanor Whines wins so that it’s a final four with no MIAA, GLIAC and GSC team in the Final Four.
                        So Colorado Mines wins by default?

Comment

SRU starts with the ball in the 2nd half. KU gotta make adjustments here. Don't get complacent

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

So Colorado Mines wins by default?
                            I'll be honest with you, I wouldn't mind that. Mines was a classy group when they pounded Shepherd last season. I can't hate on them.

Comment

Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                              SRU starts with the ball in the 2nd half. KU gotta make adjustments here. Don't get complacent
                              Kutztown has to actually make the impact tackles at the line of scrimmage or when they get into the backfield.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X