Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Probably should have taken field goals early in the game. Would have made a big difference
    Yep! They started chasing points early.

Comment

Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post
      Everyone else here knows division II football better than I do, but as a lurker, I would think the seeding will shake out like this:

1. Colorado Mines
      2. Harding
      3. Lenoir-Rhyne
      4. Kutztown
      I think you're right. It's POSSIBLE that Mines and Harding are flipped. Both are undefeated, but Harding definitely had a harder run through the playoffs to help their SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Probably should have taken field goals early in the game. Would have made a big difference
        They rarely kicked all year and when they did had a couple blocked. Not sure but perhaps that contributed to decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
          Colorado Mines 38, Central Washington 14 - FINAL
          Central Washington is very similar to Kutztown (strong defense, running game). If they draw Mines, they will need to keep the Mines offense off the field as much as possible because it’s scary how good they are. CWU tried to do it but couldn’t hold up in the second half.

Comment

Roll

Damn

Tide

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They rarely kicked all year and when they did had a couple blocked. Not sure but perhaps that contributed to decisions.
              Awful coaching job by Lutz today. I’m surprised this hasn’t come up more. On top of that, it was a massive choke job by SRU. They even got the game at home. Going 2-6 in the red zone and one of those unsuccessful trips results in a 100 yard pick 6 is almost a fairy tale scenario. I also thought some Rock players gave up. Sheets made zero attempt to run the DB down on the pick six.

Big congratulations to Kutztown. I think they’re the better team anyway and I don’t want to hear any contrary arguments because they beat SRU twice. That was the epitome of a bend but don’t break defense. Well coached and well played when it mattered most. That’s how you win championships.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Awful coaching job by Lutz today. I’m surprised this hasn’t come up more. On top of that, it was a massive choke job by SRU. They even got the game at home. Going 2-6 in the red zone and one of those unsuccessful trips results in a 100 yard pick 6 is almost a fairy tale scenario. I also thought some Rock players gave up. Sheets made zero attempt to run the DB down on the pick six.

Big congratulations to Kutztown. I think they’re the better team anyway and I don’t want to hear any contrary arguments because they beat SRU twice. That was the epitome of a bend but don’t break defense. Well coached and well played when it mattered most. That’s how you win championships.
                Not a pretty day for the green team.

Comment

Oh how the Mighty, Entitiled Conferences,whose fans bases SNEER at Region 1, have fallen!!

The MIAA, GLIAC and GSC all COCK BLOCKED from the Final Four but the Pee Sack has an Invitation!!!

Out****ingstanding!!

Comment

I wasn't able to follow this game at all (attended the Big Five Classic in Philadelphia the entire day), but that was an impressive road win for Kutztown to beat Slippery Rock and advance to the national semifinals for the first time. Perhaps even more impressive is the Golden Bears' remarkable recovery from their slow start to the season when the playoffs looked doubtful.

KU faces a tall task and a long trip to play Colorado School of Mines, but at least they aren't playing a GLIAC, MIAA, or GSC heavyweight. Hopefully the Golden Bears can acquit themselves well in the Rocky Mountain State.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      Oh how the Mighty, Entitiled Conferences,whose fans bases SNEER at Region 1, have fallen!!

The MIAA, GLIAC and GSC all COCK BLOCKED from the Final Four but the Pee Sack has an Invitation!!!

Out****ingstanding!!
                      I don’t see what’s outstanding about it unless it’s just being spiteful. Each of those conferences have multiple better teams than the one the PSAC is sending and the only reason they’re not in is because of how the system is setup. Victims of circumstance not the reality of which conference is better. I get it though. Life’s not always fair.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Out****ingstanding!!
                        If Kutztown would have won any of those other regions and/or conferences, then you might have something there.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                          I wasn't able to follow this game at all (attended the Big Five Classic in Philadelphia the entire day), but that was an impressive road win for Kutztown to beat Slippery Rock and advance to the national semifinals for the first time. Perhaps even more impressive is the Golden Bears' remarkable recovery from their slow start to the season when the playoffs looked doubtful.

KU faces a tall task and a long trip to play Colorado School of Mines, but at least they aren't playing a GLIAC, MIAA, or GSC heavyweight. Hopefully the Golden Bears can acquit themselves well in the Rocky Mountain State.
                          Mines is a heavyweight in its own right. I don't think Kutztown caught any great break in playing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Mines is a heavyweight in its own right. I don't think Kutztown caught any great break in playing them.
                            Yeah ... Make no mistake. Mines is Goliath.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

True, they're not playing a GLIAC, MIAA or GSC power ... they're just playing a team whose offense scored an average of 55.6 points per game in conference play and whose lowest point totals on the season were 31 (in each of the first two games vs. Grand Valley and Angelo State). And they're going to be playing in a much higher elevation (literally) in Colorado at 5,675 feet above sea level.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I don’t see what’s outstanding about it unless it’s just being spiteful. Each of those conferences have multiple better teams than the one the PSAC is sending and the only reason they’re not in is because of how the system is setup. Victims of circumstance not the reality of which conference is better. I get it though. Life’s not always fair.
                                They are the conferences demanding playoff setups that benefit only them. Arrogance finally got its smack down

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X