Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Football Fan View Post
    DBs Omari Terry and Jalil Singleton hit portal this afternoon per X. Wish best of luck to both of them.
    Kind of weird that Terry would be transferring. He was a little bit of a hot head on defense with the personal fouls, but was a nice physical presence in the secondary. I know they recruit the hell out of those positions and bring in tons of guys every year, so maybe he didn't like where he was going to stand after his injury. His measurables don't line up with being a move up type transfer so good luck to him if he is in the portal like someone else said.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
      A bit off-topic --- any word if Shepherd is close to finding a full-time Athletic Director? I recall when Chauncey left, it was stated that Coach Cater would serve as Acting Athletics Director upon his departure. But, on the site, I see Melanie Ford listed as Acting Director of Athletics. We are in dire need of turning the program as a whole around. Aside from football - we are not competitive in any other sports -
      Search closed monday, announcement is imminent, I anticipate tomorrow or friday. All signs point to Hagerstown Native, 2x former AD
      Last edited by debergfan; 04-25-2024, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Per some social media outlets some roster news for the Rams:

Added:
        Joseph Groves LB/S 6'1" 225lbs from William & Mary
        Keith Baker K/P from Calvert HS

Possible Loss:

Nathan Muhle DT/DE- entered the transfer portal with 2 years of eligibility left. Very tough loss, versatile front player and those are tough to find with his size.
        Omari Terry DB- entered transfer portal with 2 years eligibility left as well. Tough player, but replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post

Search closed monday, announcement is imminent, I anticipate tomorrow or friday. All signs point to Hagerstown Native, 2x former AD
          Dropping a name for us????

Comment

The only name that comes to mind that fits that description is Doug Elgin. However, Doug is in his early 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Dropping a name for us????
              I don’t know why we haven’t heard anything yet but the search closed Monday. I don’t have anymore information beyond that other than former West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Association (WVIAC) Player of the Year potentially

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post

Announcement tomorrow

Comment

Its Carrie Bodkins, AD from AB.

https://panhandlenewsnetwork.com/bod...ity-athletics/

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Good hire? Not too sure what type of credentials I was thinking the individual would bring to them - but, I really thought it would be someone from a larger/successful institute. I guess then Shepherd could be looked at as a step down? I really hope she is aggressive in the area of fundraising because I really hope she can expand on assisting existing sports and new men's/women's offering -- We should have wrestling and field hockey (both in the PSAC and we're talking mats and have a turf field) -- both could pull from the DMV where those sports are strong at the HS level.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

Good hire? Not too sure what type of credentials I was thinking the individual would bring to them - but, I really thought it would be someone from a larger/successful institute. I guess then Shepherd could be looked at as a step down? I really hope she is aggressive in the area of fundraising because I really hope she can expand on assisting existing sports and new men's/women's offering -- We should have wrestling and field hockey (both in the PSAC and we're talking mats and have a turf field) -- both could pull from the DMV where those sports are strong at the HS level.
                      A few immediate thoughts: she knows how to be an AD. she understands the population and region. she understands D2 athletics.

This isn't someone who will be doing a lot of these things for the first time. Its also not like she was fired. The school shut down - and athletics was the thing keeping the place open. You'll have to see about fundraising. AB was using coupon code tuition discounts as athletic scholarships. Its merely a budget game instead of going out to fundraise real dollars (this is assuming Shepherd isn't allowed to discount for athletic schollies).

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

A few immediate thoughts: she knows how to be an AD. she understands the population and region. she understands D2 athletics.

This isn't someone who will be doing a lot of these things for the first time. Its also not like she was fired. The school shut down - and athletics was the thing keeping the place open. You'll have to see about fundraising. AB was using coupon code tuition discounts as athletic scholarships. Its merely a budget game instead of going out to fundraise real dollars (this is assuming Shepherd isn't allowed to discount for athletic schollies).
                        true but the school closed and she was the enrollment went down, she was the person that was responsible for enrollment?

https://wvmetronews.com/2023/06/23/a...cial-problems/ "That will be a significant hurdle for AB to overcome. Enrollment is down to about 500 undergraduate and 170 graduate students," https://wvmetronews.com/2023/06/23/a...cial-problems/

Comment

She also has NCAA compliance experience. Hopefully this summer Shepherd will not have the issues they had last year before the football season started.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X