Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post

Was it in 2020 that there was an idea to play all games at Beaver Stadium or something? I recall talk of a bubble format.

Seems obvious to just put Frostburg in the West. Unless they come east and the west gets Ship or LHU
    Regarding LHU, do the triads need to flock together?

Remember, those threesomes comprise 'one' mythical school in each division (that happen to have three football teams).

​​​​​​It would be kind of odd for East Triad (whatever the hell it is called) to have two teams in the East and one in the West).

Regardless, I wouldn't put all the marbles on Frostburg State. I think the poaching victim certainly comes from the MEC. But, it may not be the one we all think.

Comment

Who are you thinking we poach?

Is there a better team out there available?

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
        Who are you thinking we poach?

Is there a better team out there available?
        I have no inside knowledge on this topic. I'm just saying it could be somebody other than Frostburg.

Fairmont and West Liberty are both handy to the West, travel-wise.

The MEC is in Titanic mode, football-wise, right now. Maybe somebody we aren't thinking about would want to join.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's not really up to the school to decide. Somebody is joining the West if FSU (or whomever) gets poached. Big Steve can decide.

I think Fairmont or West Liberty are better options.
          West Liberty might jump before Fairmont.

The MEC is losing somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If Steve Murray really didn't know about this he should be fired tonight.
            Why is anyone shocked that the The Home Office in Lock Haven is clueless? You see how the set up crossovers

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              Going from the middle of the pack in the PSAC in most sports to the NEC is quite the leap of faith. IUP has been planning the move for decades...:)
              Well one only has to look to the Centre County Community College to see how East Dennyburg would fair in D2…with James Tenandtwo infecting the Nittany Lions with East Dennyburg cooties and making them a second soon to be third tier program,

Comment

I’m sorry, but who Centre County Community College?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

West Liberty might jump before Fairmont.

The MEC is losing somebody.
                  Considering that the commissioner of the MEC is as deeply connected to West Liberty as anyone out there, I don't see the Hilltoppers making the jump to the PSAC.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Let's not forget, Frostburg has only been D2 since 2019, which is when they joined the MEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                      I’m sorry, but who Centre County Community College?
                      The Pennsylvania State University (aka State Penn).

Comment

• Eff it. Get Clemson

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Considering that the commissioner of the MEC is as deeply connected to West Liberty as anyone out there, I don't see the Hilltoppers making the jump to the PSAC.
                          Said commish may be unemployed if he loses another football-playing school to the PSAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Said commish may be unemployed if he loses another football-playing school to the PSAC.
                            That wouldn't surprise me at this rate. Between losing Shepherd to the PSAC, Virginia-Wise leaving for the SAC, Alderson-Broaddus and Notre Dame College closing, and UNC-Pembroke (an associate in football) opting to join Conference Carolinas, MEC football isn't exactly what it used to be. Frostburg leaving for the PSAC might just cause a revolt down in Bridgeport.

Comment

• It's a tough ask to build a sports conference centered on West Virginia. It's not a super populated state, nor is it flush with resources. But I think they can survive with 10 members, 8 football.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Everybody has a price.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X