Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSAC 2024 Football schedules being redone...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC 2024 Football schedules being redone...

It was announced Saturday night at the ESU Spring Game that ESU will open the season on 8/29 against Edinboro. Many schedules will change with Mercyhurst leaving...

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    It was announced Saturday night at the ESU Spring Game that ESU will open the season on 8/29 against Edinboro. Many schedules will change with Mercyhurst leaving...
    Wasn't that announced previously on this board?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I hadn't heard it until Saturday night...Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I mentioned it as the rumor, but wasn't official.

Anyone know if any schools filled their spots with the Hurst?

Comment

The CIAA is dealing with their own sudden departure since St. Augustine's announced they wouldn't be fielding a team this season, and the NE-10 has 9 teams now, which means one of them is always gonna have a bye week when they enter conference play. All this to say, there's options.

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post
            The CIAA is dealing with their own sudden departure since St. Augustine's announced they wouldn't be fielding a team this season, and the NE-10 has 9 teams now, which means one of them is always gonna have a bye week when they enter conference play. All this to say, there's options.
            NE-10 schools typically only played 10 games to begin with, regardless of the number of teams in the league, so I don't see any of those schools necessarily rushing to add a PSAC team to their schedule.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

NE-10 schools typically only played 10 games to begin with, regardless of the number of teams in the league, so I don't see any of those schools necessarily rushing to add a PSAC team to their schedule.
              NE-10 teams are already behind the 8 ball for playoff chances since they’re in the NE-10, so risking another game that could knock them out completely may not be in the cards for many schools. For example, New Haven hasn’t won a non-conference game against a legit opponent in nearly a decade. They’ve scheduled
              tough, but they haven’t won either.

Comment

Slippery Rock has pretty fun first half of the season. Opening at home against NE10 yearly favorite New Haven and then @ Shepherd. @ IUP in the first 5 weeks too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                  Slippery Rock has pretty fun first half of the season. Opening at home against NE10 yearly favorite New Haven and then @ Shepherd. @ IUP in the first 5 weeks too.
                  New Haven is a respectable opponent but I swear they never actually win any of these non-conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

New Haven is a respectable opponent but I swear they never actually win any of these non-conference games.
                    I agree. They are always on somebody's schedule. Never see them win any of them. As we've discussed, it's great to schedule and play those games. But.... You need to win them. At least more than you lose of them.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I agree. They are always on somebody's schedule. Never see them win any of them. As we've discussed, it's great to schedule and play those games. But.... You need to win them. At least more than you lose of them.
                      Can't remember the thread but I recall reading they've lost 10 straight outside of their conference.

Comment

Can't remember the thread but I recall reading they've lost 10 straight outside of their conference.
                        Technically Post was a d2 independent when New Haven beat them in 2022 in Post’s first season. But their last non-conference victory over a D2 team that wasn’t brand new was against WCU in 2018.

Comment

I guess they are due.

Comment

Splains why nobody has theirs posted on their website

Comment

https://buhuskies.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X