X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post

Bowie State Defense leads the country in defensive touchdowns. Our defense scores every other game, which means we are due for one on Saturday. This is absolutely going to be a slug fest. Defensive line will set the tone. Defensive backs will have to demonstrate why are #5 in passing yards allowed, #2 in passing defense efficiency, and #1 in 3rd down conversion percentage. With all of this talk about our defense, people seem to forget we average 30+ a game as well. We can also put points up. Saturday can't come quick enough!!
        Ok I'm going to take you to task a little bit on your claim of averaging 30+ a game. Seen as an entirity you are correct. However, when you play teams with winning season records you only average 21.57 points per game and only eclipsed the 30 point mark one time, and that was your playoff win over Lenoir-Rhyne.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
          First let me say I'm trilled for Bowie and the CIAA conference as a whole. I hope this success expands and continues for the conference. I think we can all agree that the CIAA is not one of D2 CFB strongest conferences.

I personally believe Bowie has no chance in beating Valdosta State. BUT I HOPE I'M WRONG. VUU played them this year I believe and they gave them a good old down south country spanking.

24 -21 - Wishful thinking. If Bowie scores 10 I'll be shocked.

Valdosta State 35
          Bowie State 6

Again I HOPE I'M WRONG. Let's go Bulldogs!!!!!!

Last. time they played in 2018, the score ended up 66--.6.
          I suppose the score will be similar. Good Luck to all.
          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Last. time they played in 2018, the score ended up 66--.6.
            I suppose the score will be similar. Good Luck to all.
            Two completely different teams. Bulldogs have a much better defense and playoff experience at key positions. We are in among the last 8 teams playing for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Ok I'm going to take you to task a little bit on your claim of averaging 30+ a game. Seen as an entirity you are correct. However, when you play teams with winning season records you only average 21.57 points per game and only eclipsed the 30 point mark one time, and that was your playoff win over Lenoir-Rhyne.
              21 is enough when teams can't score over 10 on your defense. This week if we have to score more, we will. Even though he isn't 100%, our QB is a phenomenal playmaker who can beat you with his arm or feet. Trust me when I say, we are going to make this an ugly game. A shootout would be their style. We are about time of possession and causing turnovers. However, If we have to pass, we have the weapons

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Last edited by stillabulldog; 12-03-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post

Two completely different teams. Bulldogs have a much better defense and playoff experience at key positions. We are in among the last 8 teams playing for a reason.
                  <>

Comment

Is this game streaming anywhere? Last time I checked it was not listed on the CIAA network for this week. The GSC have a streaming service?

Comment

https://vstateblazers.com/sports/football/schedule/2021
                      <>

Comment

He has been playing hurt since the CIAA Championship. He sat out week 9 and 10 to heal(our backup Williams started and won two games). Johnson will absolutely start. You would have to run that guy over with a bus to keep him off the field on Saturday..He does his best work when his back is against the wall.

Comment

BSURover: your rb runs hard. hope your qb can come back in, thats a tough break for any team. Your O line got killed on that first drive.

Comment

much better last 4 minutes of the 1st quarter and you got on the board to start the 2nd. that could have turned ugly pretty quickly. Your D making that stop on 4th and 1 was a huge momentum swing.

Comment

BSURover: Wilkins is a nice back, runs hard and angry. dislike how he always comes up complaining about something after he is stopped for a short run. Your QB does well setting his feet when possible even under pressure, you have barely missed some deep throws. Your O line was getting killed early on stunts and twists and made some adjustments and is doing better.

Your much vaunted D is junk. Your D line got one sack, when the qb ran right into it and otherwise has been a non factor. Your secondary has gotten burned numerous times, they can't cover, or tackle. You have given up 261 yards in the first half. VSU has converted 5/8 third down including one that was a non try as halftime came. Maybe some adjustments can be made at halftime.

Right now I would say I'm mildy surprised with your offense, they are halfway decent, I'd give them a B. Your D gets exactly that through one half. A tipped ball INT, a 4th down stop and not allowing a score going into halftime is the only reason they are not getting an F.

Comment

Well....so much for holding Valdosta St to 35 points.....
                                Last edited by ShoNuff; 12-04-2021, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X