Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, it sounds as though the SAU campus now looks like a ghost town. I have a funny feeling that the property is now being eyed closely to be scooped up by the city of Raleigh based on the millions and millions of dollars in unpaid tax liens. If that becomes the case, I hope part of the older buildings are preserved for their unique historical value, and the campus isn't converted over to 'displaced' housing as are other vacated facilities (being quietly done) popping up in NC and other states.

Comment

Originally posted by DCAbloob View Post

That may be a moot point as Saint Augustine's may have already quietly canceled spring play before this. Outdoor track & field events are still listed but the women's team wasn't at the listed Bob Hayes Invitational meet last weekend. Softball and men's golf aren't being played as already noted. It looks like the NCAA indoor track & field championships could end up as the last hurrah for Saint Augustine's athletics.
      I don't know how they are still fielding a team, but this past weekend St Aug's men's and women's track teams competed at the Raleigh Relays hosted by NC State. With classes going full time remote where are these athletes staying and are they still receiving any sort of funding for the team and coaches?

Comment

https://hbcugameday.com/2024/04/04/h...-for-survival/

President made it official, St Aug's will definitely not be fielding a football program next season. Interestingly though, he seems optimistic that they'll be able to field their other fall sports next year. Not sure I buy that, but we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post
          https://hbcugameday.com/2024/04/04/h...-for-survival/

President made it official, St Aug's will definitely not be fielding a football program next season. Interestingly though, he seems optimistic that they'll be able to field their other fall sports next year. Not sure I buy that, but we'll see
          Even if they do field other sports, it won't be as an NCAA member unless they somehow get accreditation back.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X