Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not quite ready to accept that VSU is a super team...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
    I'm curious as to what you all think the chances are Valdosta loses a regular season game this year. We were talking over on the SAC forum about how we thought for a SAC team to win SR2, the first round bye would be very important. In order for that to happen Valdosta would obviously have to lose, and a SAC team (WIngate or LR) would have to go undefeated. Also, if they were to lose who do you think it would be to? I haven't had time to catch and Valdosta games this year so I don't know the differences in play styles etc.
    Wingate and L-R still have to play each other; so, one of those teams will have a loss, correct?

UWF has been hard to read this year, but they are the "best" team remaining on VSU's schedule. VSU can't look past any of the remaining teams though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Wingate and L-R still have to play each other; so, one of those teams will have a loss, correct?

UWF has been hard to read this year, but they are the "best" team remaining on VSU's schedule. VSU can't look past any of the remaining teams though.
      You are correct, that game is November 2nd in Hickory, its the D2 showcase game for that week. I'm assuming the winner of that game doesn't lose to anyone else in this hypothetical situation. UWF beating Valdosta would certainly make things interesting, especially considering Carson Newman beat them in the season opener.

Comment

You are correct, that game is November 2nd in Hickory, its the D2 showcase game for that week. I'm assuming the winner of that game doesn't lose to anyone else in this hypothetical situation. UWF beating Valdosta would certainly make things interesting, especially considering Carson Newman beat them in the season opener.
        IMHO, UWF will lose to VSU, and that loss most likely won't be their last this season.

Comment

Originally posted by vsuman View Post
          Golf.
          What do you shoot?
          What do you think of Goff? LOL J/K

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

What do you shoot?
            What do you think of Goff? LOL J/K
            Good one! Funny how one mispelled word can change the entire context of my statement. LOL!

Comment

C-N still has to play L-R as well, and they have a loss to Wingate. A C-N would jumble things, but a loss would probably knock them out of the playoff picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

C-N still has to play L-R as well, and they have a loss to Wingate. A C-N would jumble things, but a loss would probably knock them out of the playoff picture.
                This is just my opinion, but I don't see C-N as that much of a threat to LR. They might keep it close for awhile but I just don't think they can score enough points to win that game (also in Hickory). I disagree about them being knocked out of the playoffs with a loss to LR though, especially if the GSC keeps beating up on each other. I'd still give them over 50% chance of getting in, they just can't loose to anyone else, which they always seem to find a way to do.

Regarding Valdosta, it seems any loss during the regular season would be a massive surprise. They may not be winning by as much but they're also turning it over less, which I thought was the one way someone maybe could beat them last year.

Comment

This is just my opinion, but I don't see C-N as that much of a threat to LR. They might keep it close for awhile but I just don't think they can score enough points to win that game (also in Hickory). I disagree about them being knocked out of the playoffs with a loss to LR though, especially if the GSC keeps beating up on each other. I'd still give them over 50% chance of getting in, they just can't loose to anyone else, which they always seem to find a way to do.

Regarding Valdosta, it seems any loss during the regular season would be a massive surprise. They may not be winning by as much but they're also turning it over less, which I thought was the one way someone maybe could beat them last year.
                  Here's how I see the regional rankings at this point in the season:

1. Valdosta State
                  2. Lenoir-Rhyne
                  3. Wingate
                  4. Bowie State
                  5. West Florida
                  6. Virginia-Union
                  7. Carson-Newman

Miles is sitting just on the outside at 4-1. We can't forget earned access.

Should WF beat VSU and both teams won every other game, they'd both only have one loss and would still be in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by vsuman View Post

Good one! Funny how one mispelled word can change the entire context of my statement. LOL!
                    Or punctuation;

Let's eat Grandma and leave.

Lets' eat Grandma, and leave.
                    <>

Comment

They may not be winning by as much but they're also turning it over less...

Comment

Kinda like NASCAR Bell had a loose set up in his car and it ran faster and Goff is running a tighter more controlled car yet they both turn the same lap times. There is more than one route up the mountain all trails lead to the top. Which setup works best?

Comment

I'm curious as to what you all think the chances are Valdosta loses a regular season game this year. We were talking over on the SAC forum about how we thought for a SAC team to win SR2, the first round bye would be very important. In order for that to happen Valdosta would obviously have to lose, and a SAC team (WIngate or LR) would have to go undefeated. Also, if they were to lose who do you think it would be to? I haven't had time to catch and Valdosta games this year so I don't know the differences in play styles etc.
                          Massey gives UWF a 7% chance. Not to say that won't change by game day but, you can get a taste by watching the VSU/DSU game tomorrow. DSU is our next toughest opponent (according to Massey); their win probability is 6%.

I think your best bet is to loose a couple games and be ranked low enough that you get transferred to another region. The Bracketology thread shows CN as a 5 seed, would have an easier path to the NC than you guys as a 2.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Massey gives UWF a 7% chance. Not to say that won't change by game day but, you can get a taste by watching the VSU/DSU game tomorrow. DSU is our next toughest opponent (according to Massey); their win probability is 6%.

I think your best bet is to loose a couple games and be ranked low enough that you get transferred to another region. The Bracketology thread shows CN as a 5 seed, would have an easier path to the NC than you guys as a 2.
                            Truthfully people in Hickory expect to be undefeated, Virginia Union and Wingate being the only two teams that worry us, we already beath VU. Besides, if we are going to win it all we'll have to go through Valdosta eventually most likely. Our defense is a lot better than it was last year, as is our offensive line, but we'll have to come up with some new stuff to have a chance if LR VS Valdosta II comes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X