Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

1982 West Georgia wasn't a new football program. It was a resumed program -- they had football, dropped it, then brought it back. Kind of like Georgia Southern was a resumed program. Not quite "apples-to-apples," but an impressive feat nonetheless.
    Georgia Southern had not had football since 1941 when it was known as Georgia Teachers College. After four decades, it was starting over from scratch.

Please educate me on when UWG previously had football.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
      UWF's splash is to be applauded. They got the right coach right out of the gate similar to Georgia Southern's hiring of Erk Russell in 1982. Georgia Southern has also fired coaches for not winning championships.

West Georgia won a national championship at the inception of their program and then went years without even making the playoffs again.

I'm sure that in 1996 UNA fans thought that they would be perennial champions too.
      To call it a splash is so unbelievably unaware of what is happening. Like pretty much overnight Valdosta is in no way the big boy in the GSC. The GSC is West Florida's conference and that is without having won a conference title yet. You'll mock that sentence and I'll point out how amazing and true it is. You can site history and be so unaware of what is coming, but you just seem so naive or in denial. The last playoff game against the two was the last and best chance to play that big boy card and it's shocking and a little uncomfortable you don't see that. Valdosta has a GREAT program. I'm giving them respect when I say that. I'd rank them #2 to start the year nationally which is better than almost everyone has them/will have them (although they will be ranked very high no doubt). It's just weird how little respect you all want to show West Florida, but then take any dose of reality as disrespect. Valdosta was better at football than UWF in the 90s. You will forever be able to say that. What you won't be able to say for as long as both teams are in D2 is that Valdosta is on the same level as West Florida. They aren't. They won't be. This isn't West Georgia or Georgia Teacher College for kids who want to learn to read gooder. It's not Delta State. West Florida is a beast that is now your #1 problem for every single football season you guy have left in D2. Things have changed. Your denial surrounding that and lack of respect to the team that will now own you is disrespectful, naive and weird. It's not letting up, this is your new life. You've got to wake up in the morning in the fall every season now and realize you don't play on the bay and if we wanted, as the kids say, we could make you our bae. If you want someone to fear your team or look at them in awe go play Shorter, nobody at West Florida looks at VSU like that. Like nobody. Everyone I talked to before the season was canceled couldn't wait to play you guys as our homecoming game and beat you up and then do it again when you come back to Pensacola in the playoffs. Rinse and repeat on our way to another natty.
      * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
      * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
      * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Georgia Southern had not had football since 1941 when it was known as Georgia Teachers College. After four decades, it was starting over from scratch.

Please educate me on when UWG previously had football.
        I took it from a 2019 article about West Georgia's plans to honor their championship team. From the article: "In spring 1980, West Georgia President Dr. Maurice K. Townsend announced plans to return football to the Carrollton campus, resurrecting a program that had been removed in 1958...." Again, UWG and Ga Southern had great "restarts," but that's not the same as what UWF has done. Again, not quite "apples to apples."

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

To call it a splash is so unbelievably unaware of what is happening. Like pretty much overnight Valdosta is in no way the big boy in the GSC. The GSC is West Florida's conference and that is without having won a conference title yet. You'll mock that sentence and I'll point out how amazing and true it is. You can site history and be so unaware of what is coming, but you just seem so naive or in denial. The last playoff game against the two was the last and best chance to play that big boy card and it's shocking and a little uncomfortable you don't see that. Valdosta has a GREAT program. I'm giving them respect when I say that. I'd rank them #2 to start the year nationally which is better than almost everyone has them/will have them (although they will be ranked very high no doubt). It's just weird how little respect you all want to show West Florida, but then take any dose of reality as disrespect. Valdosta was better at football than UWF in the 90s. You will forever be able to say that. What you won't be able to say for as long as both teams are in D2 is that Valdosta is on the same level as West Florida. They aren't. They won't be. This isn't West Georgia or Georgia Teacher College for kids who want to learn to read gooder. It's not Delta State. West Florida is a beast that is now your #1 problem for every single football season you guy have left in D2. Things have changed. Your denial surrounding that and lack of respect to the team that will now own you is disrespectful, naive and weird. It's not letting up, this is your new life. You've got to wake up in the morning in the fall every season now and realize you don't play on the bay and if we wanted, as the kids say, we could make you our bae. If you want someone to fear your team or look at them in awe go play Shorter, nobody at West Florida looks at VSU like that. Like nobody. Everyone I talked to before the season was canceled couldn't wait to play you guys as our homecoming game and beat you up and then do it again when you come back to Pensacola in the playoffs. Rinse and repeat on our way to another natty.
          Haven't posted in some time. but couldn't pass on this.

First, what you posted may very well be true and it may very well be that the GSC as we all used to know it is no more and a new power has emerged.
          Like I just said "it may well be true."

Being old as dirt, but still retaining a slight memory of past days, your whole passage has been presented to this forum before.
          Remove all references of UWF and insert UWG.

The only thing certain in this ever surprising world is that NOTHING is for certain.

Comment

To call it a splash is so unbelievably unaware of what is happening. Like pretty much overnight Valdosta is in no way the big boy in the GSC. The GSC is West Florida's conference and that is without having won a conference title yet. t VSU like that. Like nobody. Everyone I talked to before the season was canceled couldn't wait to play you guys as our homecoming game and beat you .

Whatever you're smoking, I want some f

Last edited by Wide_Right; 03-02-2021, 12:14 PM.
            <>

Comment

My apologies to all of the VSU fans for participating in and fomenting the digression of a thread that is supposed to be about VSU football in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post
                So is this other QB ready to take over? I was looking forward to Reed v Wells, Part III this fall.....
                Is Reed gone?
                <>

Comment

Bahahahahaha. #TrollAlert
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Does anyone know when the GSC schedule may come out?
                    <>

Comment

VSU 2021 Football Schedule....

https://vstateblazers.com/sports/foo...I6KRjqyn7HT8E4

Look at all the home games. Blazer fans!!!!! Woohoo!!!

We're back!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

That last game is going to be good and props to GSC for scheduling it there.

Comment

<>

Comment

It'll be nice to have a cupcake last game of the season to be able to rest up before the playoffs.

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding, calm down.)
                            * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                            * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

It'll be nice to have a cupcake last game of the season to be able to rest up before the playoffs.

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding, calm down.)
                              Haha.....Game on!!

But seriously, it has been great to have the game at the end of the season the last few years. Draws a lot of attention and excitement!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Both teams likely playing for #1 seed, first round bye, home field through semifinals and GSC title. And all on national game of week telecast between last two national champions in rematch of last second thriller the previous year. No pressure at all and the anticipation is already suffocating just thinking about it now 8 months away. Please no hurricanes!!!!!! Go Arrrgggooosss!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X