Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

I have have watched both play and Rogan Wells is better than both because he has the same variety of throws as Reed and was a better runner than Durham. Reed and Wells are like Greg Maddox with a wide variety of power, accuracy and touch and Durham is more like Nolan Ryan with plenty of power but limited variety of throws and touch. The Argos have better shot at win without Wells at QB.
    Rogan ran Coach Bell's offense better but in Coach Goff's offense I'd say there is no difference. Rogan was a bit better passer but Ivory is other worldly as a running quarterback. 2019 & 2021 7.6 yds/play exactly the same, but I hope your team feels like you do. Come to think of it you're right Ivory is not as good, you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I have watched both play and Rogan Wells was a better runner than Durham.
      Wells was a better runner than Durham? Please elaborate.

***I deleted the first part of the compound sentence.

Comment

Speaking of Rogan Wells, after losing their first six games, WCU has won 3 straight. Wells missed a couple of games after being injured in the first quarter vs Chattanooga but has led the Catamounts to the last 2 victories. Wells is 147-262 for 1,810 yards with 12 TD's and 11 Int's. He has also rushed 63 times for 418 yards and 4 TD's. In a loss to Gardner Webb Wells was 37-58 for 427 yards with 2 TD's , 2 Int's and rushed 14 times for 113 yards and 1 TD.

https://catamountsports.com/sports/f...gan-wells/9266

Comment

<>

Comment

Yes it does, and former Argo QB Mike Beaudry is still playing. He's started a few games for the Idaho Vandals this season. Beaudry is 115-179 for 1299 yards with 4 TD's and 6 Ints. He has also rushed 27 times for 68 yards.

https://govandals.com/sports/footbal...e-beaudry/5610

Comment

What in the hell are you talking about? No VSU fan or alum is expecting a loss, we have things in perspective as we have been here many times before. We'd love to win the GSC outright but we realize that is not the big prize.

You guys really need to learn how to handle success, if you want to be one of the big boys, you have to get to a point where you don't have to beat your chest all the time. Notice how we don't have to; the reason why is that we have four of those NC rings.......other people beat our chest for us.
              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Wells was a better runner than Durham? Please elaborate.

***I deleted the first part of the compound sentence.
                Both Wells and Durham are fast and elusive in their own way with Durham probably a step faster. Wells was 6'3" and 220 and ran with power, something that Durham does not possess.

A great example of Wells speed and elusiveness occurred in their game at Blue Wahoo in 2017or 2018 when he was nearly certain to be sacked 10 yards behind the line, eluded the blitzing defenders and ran 75 yards through the middle of the field and the entire Argo defense for a TD. He even outran and shook off DB's that had a 20 to 30 yard head start because DB's are too small to tackle him by themselves. He may not have the burning speed or Barry Sanders elusiveness of Durham, but he's fast and elusive enough.

As for his power running, he was either faster and/or bigger or both than everyone on the defense and once he got a little momentum it usually took 4-5 defenders to tackle him and he would routinely drag them 5-15 yards after the first hit. He had a subtle and effective way of elusively running side to side that avoided solid hits and he usually broke lots of tackles before a gang of defenders piled up on him to stop him. He did this consistently and constantly and nearly ran for a 1,000 yards in the 2018 title year.

I enjoyed watching him run more than watching him pass and you could put him in the 2021 Argo or Blazer offense and make either offense better because his running is better than Reed and his passing is better than Durham. In my opinion he was the best QB I have seen in the GSC since I started watching the conference games in 2016. As for his running being better than Durham, it depends on whether you value a Jim Brown style of running like Wells or a Barry Sanders style like Durham. I'll take Jim Brown with a great arm.

Comment

Both Wells and Durham are fast and elusive in their own way with Durham probably a step faster. Wells was 6'3" and 220 and ran with power, something that Durham does not possess.
                  You need to go watch some game film. Durham has run over people. He's also way more than half a step faster than Wells.

I do think that Wells was an overall "better" QB, but your assertions are way, way off base.

Comment

Need a big win by Valdosta. A loss by UWF and a win by UWG should flip the regional rankings moving WG to forth place. Assuming the non GSC teams win. A loss by one of those would move WG up also.

Number one seed will get a bye and 2,3 and 4 should get home the first round.

Appears West Ala may have dropped out of the top 7.

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 11-10-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 11-10-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

No matter what the fans think the players will be ready to play this weekend.

Those floribama boys are only #3 in the nation because our Blazers cleared some space for them to move up.

As for QB, Durham has really stepped up in the position this year. He clearly put in some work during the 2020 break and it shows. Someone mentioned he has a hs state title, as if he doesn't have a NC ring and was a part of one of the most amazing plays in that game. Durham is a great QB but most importantly he has a great supporting case.

Blazerslady I see you usually have an inside scoop is the Blazin' Brigade making the trip or any student busses?

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerCat1999 View Post
                                No matter what the fans think the players will be ready to play this weekend.

Those floribama boys are only #3 in the nation because our Blazers cleared some space for them to move up.

As for QB, Durham has really stepped up in the position this year. He clearly put in some work during the 2020 break and it shows. Someone mentioned he has a hs state title, as if he doesn't have a NC ring and was a part of one of the most amazing plays in that game. Durham is a great QB but most importantly he has a great supporting case.

Blazerslady I see you usually have an inside scoop is the Blazin' Brigade making the trip or any student busses?
                                Haven't heard (lol....I don't always have the inside scoop). Did they go in 2019??

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X