Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    Normally this game is no fun for me because I'm stressed for the duration. I can enjoy this one because a loss doesn't cost us much...

If we win
    • We get the 1 seed & a bye week
    • We win the GSC championship outright
    • We get a 2nd round game with the winner of the 5.UWG vs 4.UWF 1st round game
    • If we got to round three we would then face the winner of the 2.Bowie State vs 3.Albany round 2 two game
    If we lose
    • We will most likely get the 1 seed & a bye week
    • We win a share of the GSC championship
    • We get a 2nd round game with the winner of 5.UWG vs 4.Albany State
    • If we got to round three we would then face the winner of the Bowie State vs West Florida round 2 two game
    Of course there's more to it, like momentum going into the PO, bragging rights, the win streak etc. but in terms of the stuff that really counts, we're good either way.

Thanks for putting into perspective. And the team that loses still has another chance for redemption.
    <>

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
      Normally this game is no fun for me because I'm stressed for the duration. I can enjoy this one because a loss doesn't cost us much...

If we win
      • We get the 1 seed & a bye week
      • We win the GSC championship outright
      • We get a 2nd round game with the winner of the 5.UWG vs 4.UWF 1st round game
      • If we got to round three we would then face the winner of the 2.Bowie State vs 3.Albany round 2 two game
      If we lose
      • We will most likely get the 1 seed & a bye week
      • We win a share of the GSC championship
      • We get a 2nd round game with the winner of 5.UWG vs 4.Albany State
      • If we got to round three we would then face the winner of the Bowie State vs West Florida round 2 two game
      Of course there's more to it, like momentum going into the PO, bragging rights, the win streak etc. but in terms of the stuff that really counts, we're good either way.
      Well said, while conference championships are great, the only fans who remember who won the GSC regular season title are GSC fans, the ultimate goal is another National Championship. Should be a great game and much like 2019 a litmus test to see how close the two teams truly are.
      Last edited by Uwfalum98; 11-09-2021, 09:24 AM. Reason: alteration

Comment

Honestly it is going to come down to if the coaches can make adjustments. I really think this game will test Coach Goff and the staff. Good luck Argos! I wish I could be there. I will be watching on tv.

Comment

GOOD, BAD, or INDIFFERENT, there will be multiple "questionable ref calls"
          The number will probably be equal for both sides, then when a winner is declared, the really "questionable ref calls" will be the reason for the agony of defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Thanks for putting into perspective. And the team that loses still has another chance for redemption.
            Considering how BB laid things out and the history of hardly ever beating a GSC team twice in the PO's, if VSU loses Saturday, it's possible all it will cost them is an outright GSC Crown. Co-Champs and meeting UWF again could be the ultimate perfect storm to advance.

Comment

If UWF plays D like they did last week all bets are off, but I don't think they will get home with 3 rushers vs Valdosta.

As for GSC championships, those players, coaches and athletic staff care about it a great deal! It is the one championship that the team has complete control over and there is no committee, formula or optics that can impact it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                  If UWF plays D like they did last week all bets are off, but I don't think they will get home with 3 rushers vs Valdosta.

As for GSC championships, those players, coaches and athletic staff care about it a great deal! It is the one championship that the team has complete control over and there is no committee, formula or optics that can impact it.
                  You are absolutely correct, I was implying the fanbase but worded it poorly, so I went back and changed it.

Comment

Comment

92 Likes, 0 Comments - UWF Athletics (@goargos) on Instagram: �Come out this weekend for UWF Football�s biggest game as they host Valdosta State! Tickets are��

Comment

Comment

UWF is the top-scoring offense in the GSC at 45.8 ppg. VSU is second at 42.1 ppg.

VSU's defense is tops only giving up 12.9 ppg. UWF is fourth at 22.0 ppg.

VSU's non-conference schedule includes two teams ranked in the top-8 in SR2. Albany State's defense is #1 in the country for total defense. Savannah State's is #7.

On paper, it looks like VSU has put up better numbers against stronger competition, but the game won't be on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady

If you don't think the Blazers are motivated, check all their calendars. They have had this game circled since the schedule came out. We have some unfinished business.

Must be a freshman....

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                              ) with a better arm a
                              <>

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 11-09-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X