Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reed 15/25 201 yards, 4 TDs and 0 INT. 11:34 left in the 4th.

I miss him.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
      UWF Football to host home games on UWF campus, announces 2022 season schedule

2022 UWF FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME (CT)

SEPT. 3 WARNER PENSACOLA, FLA. 6:00 PM

Sept. 10 at Southwest Baptist Bolivar, Mo. TBA

Sept. 17 OPEN

SEPT. 24 DELTA STATE* PENSACOLA, FLA. 6:00 PM

OCT. 1 NORTH GREENVILLE* PENSACOLA, FLA. 4:00 PM

Oct. 8 at West Georgia* Carrollton, Ga. TBA

Oct. 15 at Shorter* Rome, Ga. TBA

OCT. 22 MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE* (HC) PENSACOLA, FLA. 4:00 PM

OCT. 29 WEST ALABAMA* PENSACOLA, FLA. 4:00 PM

Nov. 5 at Valdosta State* Valdosta, Ga. TBA

Nov. 12 GSC Regional Game TBA TBA

* Gulf South Conference game; Home games in CAPS; Schedule subject to change.

Certainly not an ideal schedule, I cannot believe that this is the best they can do. What in the world is a "GSC Regional Game"?

Aligning with the other Conference Carolinas Schools that feature Football (like is being done with NGU) would eliminate having schedules like this in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Aligning with the other Conference Carolinas Schools that feature Football (like is being done with NGU) would eliminate having schedules like this in the future.
        I would be in complete favor of this! The bonus GSC game is not appealing at all. Would love to work with Conference Carolinas on this.
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

I miss him.
          He also put up these stats in pouring rain with receivers dropping perfectly placed balls. I wish him well and looking forward to see how he does as the season progresses. A good first game especially with new O line and losing their top receiver from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

I miss him.
            He had a tremendous game!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

He also put up these stats in pouring rain with receivers dropping perfectly placed balls. I wish him well and looking forward to see how he does as the season progresses. A good first game especially with new O line and losing their top receiver from last year.
              I was surprised at how well an FCS team hung with the FBS program. Could be a long season for the Hilltoppers.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 08-29-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

I noticed you play Southwest Baptist inBolivar, Missouri.
                    <>

Comment

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Saw this on Twitter. Looks great!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                          Saw this on Twitter. Looks great!

School says the seats total 4,000 plus bring your own chair for the grassy areas. Visiting fans get the shady side and that’s where I’ll be on the 50 yard line.

Comment

No press box?
                            <>

Comment

The school reported 4,500 attended opening game vs Warner where stands hold 4,000. The visiting stands were packed with the band, loud students and Argo fans. The more expensive home side seats were half full and the press area was blue tents with white lights on scaffolding behind and above home side seats. The stands on both sides are closer to field on both sides than was the case at Blue Wahoo. The players have more room to make plays in the end zones vs the cramped situation at Blue Wahoo.

There was much more and louder tailgating before game on grounds in front of field house and I expect that will grow larger over time. The is a lot more student presence and participation at Pen Air field than there was at Blue Wahoo, which is a good thing for the future of the home field. The free parking was only 50 yards further than paid parking and not more than walk at Blue Wahoo, which was a couple of blocks. There is plenty of parking space close to field.

It was louder on visiting side where I was watching game. The set up is more spacious than Blue Wahoo and looks and feels more like a proper football stadium. There were multiple food and beverage trucks in multiple locations and the choices were satisfactory, including beer. The large video board in northeast corner was easier to see from both sides than the one at Blue Wahoo. This was same video board used at Senior Bowl and was more than adequate. The refs mikes were not working during game so you had to watch their hand signals for calls. The announcer PA worked fine and the speakers could be clearly heard on visiting side, which was not the case at Blue Wahoo.

As much as I enjoyed Blue Wahoo, I like Pen Air field better and look forward to the promised improvements to make it even better than it is now.This year’s setup was much improved over the single home game last year.

As for the Argos, they played well on all teams against an overmatched opponent and the new QB Pee-Wee Jarrett has a BIG arm that is accurate on deep throws. Pee-Wee threw 12-21 for 249 yards with 4 TDs and no INT. He also ran for 21 yards, breaks tackles when he runs and he has some speed. Ex-Argo Austin Reed also had a good game v Hawaii going 22 of 31 for 271 yards and 3 TDs with 43 yards running. The Argos appear to be in good shape at QB post-Reed and even the backup QB Rich looked very good running offense and throwing the ball.

The Argos held out WR Durden and Smith so they could be full strength next week and coach Shinnick said about 10 starters total were held out of first game. Next week’s road game at Southwest Baptist with their top QB Callis will show a lot about the 2022 Argos. Overall, a good first game at a new home venue that is much improved over Blue Wahoo. Gooo Arrrgggooosss!

Comment

I just wish they didn’t have to schedule teams like Warner. Sigh. Basically a waste of time.
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X