Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder what Jacksons’ contract is. I’m sure Herb is rubbing his hands tougher.
    <>

Comment

What was the issue?
      I know VSU has good ball players, so it's not talent. Was it poor execution by the players? Poor coaching? Coaching decisions?
      Or was VUU just the better team?
      Last edited by CalifOKRA; 09-10-2022, 07:48 PM.
      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Virginia Union just May have a great team and a well coached one as well.

Comment

Congrats VUU! There are a lot of issues with VSU. We quit running the ball. Thompkins avg almost 13 yards a carry. We had so many silly penalties. Our defense couldn’t stop the run at all.

Comment

Herb is our north star, I have faith in his ability to find good coaches. So we're not good right now but in the long run I'm certain this will end successfully. Obviously it won't be this year but we'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
              Herb is our north star, I have faith in his ability to find good coaches. So we're not good right now but in the long run I'm certain this will end successfully. Obviously it won't be this year but we'll get there.
              As I said earlier, this is 7 - 3 ball club.
              <>

Comment

Well my biggest fear about ValdostaState football this season has been realized. We just got beat by a team ranked #79. A team we beat 51-7 last season. What a mess. #Shambles #GetitTogetherBLAZERS
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                  Geez, man that D is getting mushed
                  ”No D” is the problem, and can’t tackle. We maybe last in d in D 2! We have to out score teams cause we can’t stop them.
                  Last edited by vsukerosene; 09-11-2022, 06:22 AM.

Comment

As an interested outsider it is perplexing to me how the excellent run game of the Blazers isn’t used to greater effect and a talented defensive roster plays so average with a defensive oriented head coach.

I note from updated GSC stats that Valdosta has (1) sack in two games. How is this possible? Did the QB trip and a nearby Blazer just happened to fall on him?

Even the pass happy Argos will run more than they pass if the opponent dictates it as they did last night against Southwest Baptist. It looks like GSC title may be battle between Argos and Wolves at this point of season.
                    Last edited by Argonut; 09-11-2022, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Sad, so much talent on the offensive side. The defense looked out of position all night long. I thought Jackson knew how to coach defense. It's going to be a long season if that defense doesn't get better fast.

Comment

Originally posted by LT93bunny View Post
                        Virginia Union just May have a great team and a well coached one as well.
                        Very possible, at minimum they are very good; that was clear last night and they scored 77 the week before. At the same time we have issues, the two are not mutually exclusive however, I do think myself and other VSU folks haven’t voiced that well, we are a bit salty.
                        Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                          As an interested outsider it is perplexing to me how the excellent run game of the Blazers isn’t used to greater effect and a talented defensive roster plays so average with a defensive oriented head coach.

I note from updated GSC stats that Valdosta has (1) sack in two games. How is this possible? Did the QB trip and a nearby Blazer just happened to fall on him?

Even the pass happy Argos will run more than they pass if the opponent dictates it as they did last night against Southwest Baptist. It looks like GSC title may be battle between Argos and Wolves at this point of season.
                          The play calling is driving me insane. I used to yell for Dean to RTDB, this is far and above that.

Comment

You are so right GNB. We were having success running the ball. We should have just rammed it down their throats and wear those hogs down.
                            If you noticed, Durham kept his passes high and overthrown, to me, it is apparent he is afraid of throwing INT’s.
                            According the the statistics, he only completed %50 of his passes and 3 ints. Hope we stay with the run as we have a great stable.

https://vstateblazers.com/sports/foo...?path=football

However, VVU has a great team. I’m sure they will be in the playoffs and I will be rooting for them.
                            <>

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                              What was the issue?
                              I know VSU has good ball players, so it's not talent. Was it poor execution by the players? Poor coaching? Coaching decisions?
                              Or was VUU just the better team?
                              Herb go taken for a ride that's what happened. Everyone in the stands were saying the same thing. How can a defensive minded coach have such a horrible defense. Why are we going for it (twice and failed) on the 50 yard line that VUU turned into two touchdowns.

The refs did give VUU a gift with the touchdown that was a fumble however we shouldn't put the refs in that position.

I didn't see any improvement from game one to game two (Maybe worse). I'm afraid the GSC is going to spank us like a wet noodle. I saw where Shorter beat Catawba also.

Comment

I think it is important for all of us to remember that the season is young and we have a new coach; the sky is not falling. In 2012 we lost the first game of the season to Saginaw and we all know how that season ended. I'm not saying this one will end that way but I am saying that all of our goals are still out in front of us.

Go Blazers!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X