Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta has a tough West Alabama team with them being 500 and hopefully a West Georgia win helps our SOS assuming Delta wins. Also will be interesting to see if anything happens if Tuskegee beats Benedict.

Comment

So has anyone else noticed that Benedict is ranked #1 in Super Region 2 and their opponents win/loss record is 37-60? They finish up with Tuskegee this week. So if they were to lose that game, how far down would they fall with that weak Strength of Schedule?

Comment

I've seen BENEDICT COLLEGE ,WEST GEORGIA, AND WEST ALABAMA PLAY, and I can tell you, BENEDICT COLLEGE IS the better team by far, SIAC may not seem to be good as GSC,but believe me, they are different this year!!!!

Comment

If Delta were to drop to West Alabama and end up 8-2, where would the committee put West Georgia and Delta given both end with 8-2 and West Georgia having the head to head advantage? This assuming West Georgia wins over N. Greenville?

Comment

The region should be trying to set up games between teams with evenly matched records this week instead of playing a conference team for the 2nd time. All the other conferences in the region are playing a championship game this week and some of the other teams not in that game are off this week. Why not try to set up the bubble teams against each other and play your way in or out of the playoffs?
            Last edited by Brave Wolf; 11-08-2022, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Call View Post
              If Delta were to drop to West Alabama and end up 8-2, where would the committee put West Georgia and Delta given both end with 8-2 and West Georgia having the head to head advantage? This assuming West Georgia wins over N. Greenville?
              I think Delta would still be a head of West GA. Only because the lost to Miss Co was to a team below .500. West AL would be above an .500 team. Also West GA SOS is lower. They have a non-conference win vs. a team with only 1 win on the season. So SOS takes a huge hit.

Comment

Close it out with a win Statesmen!! A 10-1 regular season would be great and way above where we were picked to be before the season. Let Go Statesmen close it out strong and push deep into the playoffs.

Comment

You could check the SOS but the NCAA hasn't uploaded the data for SR2 and SR4 this week as they did for the other two regions.

The NCAA has really dropped the ball this year on RR releases.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Why does the ncaa put so much emphasis on the numbers? That's assuming that all conferences are equal to each other when nothing in the past would suggest that. I'm a math teacher and a coach myself, so I understand numbers but they don't tell the whole story. I know that last year doesn't count, but the only GSC teams to lose non conference games are the teams on the bottom half of the league playing teams at the top of the other leagues. I also know that GSC teams are having trouble filling out a schedule, and why would you play a team with a poor record that hurts your SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                      You could check the SOS but the NCAA hasn't uploaded the data for SR2 and SR4 this week as they did for the other two regions.

The NCAA has really dropped the ball this year on RR releases.
                      https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/sr2.html

Comment

WOW, Inkblot. The stats you do are great!! Obviously, you love it!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by TheBraveWolf View Post
                          Going to take some upsets in championship games to move UWG into top 7 in SR2. That loss to Mississippi when we had a 17 point lead may cause us to set out.
                          That loss was a killer for the Wolves. Would be in good shape if not for that.

Comment

I agree that it's a bad loss and would be the reason if we don't make the playoffs. But, some of the other bubble teams have a bad loss as well, and we have the best win by far. Are the rankings solely by the numbers? Does a bad loss hurt more than a good win helps?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X