Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Nobles going to run the same offense or do you think he goes outside and hires a new OC to run the offense. How do you guys feel about your Def? I'm in line with Pensacola, wonder what kind of staff he puts together.

Comment

In local TV news clip coach Nobles says the offense will throw the ball and the defense will be aggressive- “people will feel us and know they have played West Florida.”

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
        In local TV news clip coach Nobles says the offense will throw the ball and the defense will be aggressive- “people will feel us and know they have played West Florida.”
        He’s aggressive. He was a player and as a play caller. I expect no different as HC.
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

[QUOTE=canadarican;n728440]
          Originally posted by Larold View Post

I got ya. That's just how I interpreted it and like I said, no offense was intended.
          None taken lol
          I really enjoy your posts over on SAC.(over here, too of course)

Comment

[QUOTE=Larold;n728633]
            Originally posted by canadarican View Post

None taken lol
            I really enjoy your posts over on SAC.(over here, too of course)
            I think my point was that it seemed like some were using it as an excuse and if they were it wasn't valid, at least for me. They (the players and coaches) were inspired enough to come back from 14 down to tie it at half. Did they just decide "nah we're done" at halftime or something? And to me it's not even a comparison to when Goff was leaving Valdosta last year. Different context.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

Comment

Well that doesn't make me scared at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

No excuses intended from my post. The group I speak with aren't even UWF fans, but they are True Blue GSC fans. Our theory was(is) based on the fact that none of us had ever seen a UWF team that listless. From delay of game and other mental missteps to trying to run a 145 lb RB up the middle time after time.when obviously it wasn't working.
                It just seemed something was way off. We had no idea there was a coaching change in the works, but we felt something was a distraction. (could have been weather,fatique, or whatever,) but something was not Argo-like.
                Maybe the stormtrooper uniforms were not fully charged.

Comment

The recent loss against Ferris and the 2017 title game loss both share a similar inexplicable play calling stubbornness that I’m hoping will not occur again with coach Nobles, who was not doing the play calling in those two games.

In the 2017 title game the Argos kept throwing into double coverage when it was obvious to everyone including the announcers that Texas AM Commerce was stacking coverage and leaving the box exposed to the running game. Argo RB Schwartz had run for a school record 170 yds. the prior week and rarely saw the ball in the title game and when he did the Argos got good yardage on the plays. We yelled at the TV to RTDB the whole game and I never understood why the Argos stubbornly pursued this unproductive strategy to their eventual loss in that game.
                  Schwartz had 14 carries for 46 yards with his longest run being 7 yards against Commerce in 2017. Funny what time does to memory.

Comment

Coach Nobles named last year’s WR coach Dickerson as OC and a Clemson LB coach and ex-Clemson LB and NFL player Conner as DC. He also kept the long time OL coach Saulnier and brought back two prior Argo coaches for special teams, secondary, TE and RB.

Comment

Coach Nobles named last year’s WR coach Dickerson as OC and a Clemson LB coach and ex-Clemson LB and NFL player Conner as DC. He also kept the long time OL coach Saulnier and brought back two prior Argo coaches for special teams, secondary, TE and RB.
                      That's pretty smart bringing back former coaches. Good for the players to feel comfortable with the change to have some familiar faces rather than all new coaches.

#BlazerNation

Comment

I'm not sure this is a great start.

Stokes also received an offer from Alabama A&M and the University of West Florida this week, according to his Twitter account.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/hbcu-...rapping-n-word

Comment

Coach Nobles announced the 11 game season schedule for 2023 this week, a very good sign that he is on the ball and in charge. Can’t wait to see the players he signs and what he does with QB Jarrett and the Argo passing game and offense at the spring game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X