Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC Predictions for 2023

You can put a prediction on record if you want to, but don't have to, plus add any thoughts and comments you might have.

1. UWF - CO-GSC Champs, returning QB Jarrett, yet loses future HOF'er HC Shinnick as well as several other key players, BUT recruiting is just too easy and too good for UWF.
    2. UWG - Loses QB Frost to grad, but returns NC winning HC Dean, and with him, you always have a chance to win a championship.
    3. UWA - Returns QB Melton all 9 All-GSC performers.
    4. MC - That dreaded triple option is back and HC Bland always has these guys playing above their potential, so I think they will just keep getting better.
    5. DSU - Coming off a great year, they lose QB Shegog to grad. No 2023 roster listed as of today so not sure who else is not coming back.
    6. VSU - Bad first year for new coach, and no QB Durham, so we will see if they can improve or hover around the 5 spot at the end of the season.
    7. UNG - Always a tough physical team, but has a hard time defensively stopping pts being scored (last in GSC at allowing 37.4 per game in 22). RB Watkins does return.
    8. SU - Saw some improvement, got a GSC win. Not sure if QB Dennis is coming back or not. 2023 roster not up yet.
    Last edited by UWARTime; 07-17-2023, 12:09 PM.

Mississippi College?

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post
      Mississippi College?
      Not sure how I missed MC. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post

Not sure how I missed MC. Thanks.
        Maybe the same way you missed Chowan...

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Maybe the same way you missed Chowan...
          Is Chowan officially in the league for 2023 football season? I was not aware if they are. Anyone else I am missing for 2023?

Comment

1. UWF - CO-GSC Champs, returning QB Jarrett, yet loses future HOF'er HC Shinnick as well as several other key players, BUT recruiting is just too easy and too good for UWF.
            2. UWG - Loses QB Frost to grad, but returns NC winning HC Dean, and with him, you always have a chance to win a championship.
            4. MC - That dreaded triple option is back and HC Bland always has these guys playing above their potential, so I think they will just keep getting better.
            5. DSU - Coming off a great year, they lose QB Shegog to grad. No 2023 roster listed as of today so not sure who else is not coming back.
            6. Chowan - Went 7-4 last year and lost the CIAA champ game.
            7. VSU - Bad first year for new coach, and no QB Durham, so we will see if they can improve or hover around the 5 spot at the end of the season.
            8. UNG - Always a tough physical team, but has a hard time defensively stopping pts being scored (last in GSC at allowing 37.4 per game in 22). RB Watkins does return.
            9. SU - Saw some improvement, got a GSC win. Not sure if QB Dennis is coming back or not. 2023 roster not up yet.

Hopefully I have all the GSC teams in football added now for 2023, but we'll see I suppose.

Comment

Is Chowan officially in the league for 2023 football season? I was not aware if they are. Anyone else I am missing for 2023?
              Chowan is in for the 2023 and 2024 seasons. Erskine will be in for 2024 only, while Shorter will be independent that season. All three will be in Conference Carolinas from 2025 onwards.

Comment

6. Chowan - Went 7-4 last year and lost the CIAA champ game.
                7. VSU - Bad first year for new coach, and no QB Durham, so we will see if they can improve or hover around the 5 spot at the end of the season.
                8. UNG - Always a tough physical team, but has a hard time defensively stopping pts being scored (last in GSC at allowing 37.4 per game in 22). RB Watkins does return.
                9. SU - Saw some improvement, got a GSC win. Not sure if QB Dennis is coming back or not. 2023 roster not up yet.

Hopefully I have all the GSC teams in football added now for 2023, but we'll see I suppose.
                Not so sure Melton's return is a positive. Maybe Bailey just made him play that way.

Comment

VSU will be fine at QB. The questions are about coaching and if the defense will be improved.

Nobles is a first-year head coach who is bound to take some lumps, but it's not like he got a rebuilding project for his first head gig.

Comment

My prediction is if Jackson's D doesn't improve significantly he'll be looking for a job.

UWF looks to have a lot on D returning.
                    VSU, UWG, DSU offense to be determined with new QBs. All may be running ball more. VSU will have new back field.
                    Maybe UWA's opportunity to chase UWF. They have them at home Oct.14th.
                    NGU not sure, sort of Jekylll & Hyde.
                    Rest-not expecting too much. Pray MC doesn't put 700+ yds. on Blazers again-Oct. 14-if so may be Jackson's last game.

Any coaches in the HOT SEAT besides Jackson?
                    Last edited by vsukerosene; 07-18-2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

1. UWG, I feel like this is our year despite losing our QB.
                      2. UWF, I believe that with the Head coach change and the loss of players will be enough to maybe dethrone them.
                      3. UWA, looks like they will be on the rise, it seems like they are really making a push for a great football team.
                      4. DSU, they are losing some key players but they should still be competitive.
                      5. Chowan, this is the wildcard for me but they had a decent record with 7-4 last year so I feel like they are going to fall right in the middle.
                      6. NGU, I feel like this team is on the rise and within the next two years they may be a powerhouse, especially in CC.
                      7. VSU, if the coaching situation continues to be an issue I see them not having much improvement.
                      8. Mississippi college, they have also gotten better but still they probably aren’t moving up in the rankings, especially with Chowan joining the conference.
                      9. Shorter, shorter has gotten better but I’m not sure if they have what it takes to move from the bottom.

Comment

Can’t argue with any of these predictions since we really don’t know the fall roster makeup of the teams. I’m really curious about the Argo offensive skills players given the additions and losses so far. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a change at QB and RB looks wide open now that Mason is gone ( per his Twitter). Chowan lost a lot of starters from that 7-4 team when they followed the old Chowan HC to Pembroke. This year could be full of surprises.

Comment

Likely an unpopular opinion, but I think Nobles is an upgrade as HC for UWF. He was an integral part of that staff up until the national title in 2019. He was co-OC that season.

The Argos seemed a bit complacent since he left for Clemson. He is the energy the program needed back. It was the perfect time for Shinnick to move in to another rebuilding project.

Nobles is youthful passion with now some FBS program experience.

I think UWF could be better than last year.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

You can put a prediction on record if you want to, but don't have to, plus add any thoughts and comments you might have.

6. VSU - Bad first year for new coach, and no QB Durham, so we will see if they can improve or hover around the 5 spot at the end of the season.
                            7. UNG - Always a tough physical team, but has a hard time defensively stopping pts being scored (last in GSC at allowing 37.4 per game in 22). RB Watkins does return.
                            8. SU - Saw some improvement, got a GSC win. Not sure if QB Dennis is coming back or not. 2023 roster not up yet.
                            Not so fast my friend. Shegog is back for his final season.

GSC media day participants:

Delta State (10:00 am CT/11:00 am ET)
                            Todd Cooley, head coach
                            Patrick Shegog, QB, Gr.

https://gscsports.org/news/2023/7/17...NVcB5aH8ehz1J0

The biggest losses are WR Dohnte Meyers, OL Nicolas Melsop, and LB Tim Williams.
                            Last edited by CalifOKRA; 07-19-2023, 04:55 PM.
                            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                              Not so fast my friend. Shegog is back for his final season.

GSC media day participants:

Delta State (10:00 am CT/11:00 am ET)
                              Todd Cooley, head coach
                              Patrick Shegog, QB, Gr.

https://gscsports.org/news/2023/7/17...NVcB5aH8ehz1J0

The biggest losses are WR Dohnte Meyers, OL Nicolas Melsop, and LB Tim Williams.
                              That is HUGE news for the Statesmen. I think I was writing about him back in 2018! Lol.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X