Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach Kirby Smart interviewed by Marty and McGhee show and throwing some Valdosta state plug in and talking coach leach.

Comment

Haha he said coach Leach would roller blade to work with no shirt on while at VSU, haha can any of you confirm that?

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
        Haha he said coach Leach would roller blade to work with no shirt on while at VSU, haha can any of you confirm that?
        Smart worked at VSU for two years under Hatcher. He wasn't there at the same time as Leach. Any of his Leach VSU stories are secondhand.

Leach has said in an interview that he wanted the VSU job because there was a pool next to the football offices.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Smart worked at VSU for two years under Hatcher. He wasn't there at the same time as Leach. Any of his Leach VSU stories are secondhand.

Leach has said in an interview that he wanted the VSU job because there was a pool next to the football offices.
          Mark Packer tells a hilarious story about doing a radio interview with Coach Leach; he said when they went to commercial, he heard a loud splash followed by a lot of hard breathing and splashing around. He thought something was going horribly wrong. Just before they came back from break Coach Leach came back and started talking again. Turns out he was doing the interview next to his pool, he dove in when they went to commercial and was swimming laps.
          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Will there be Meet the Blazers this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
              Will there be Meet the Blazers this season?
              Haven't seen any news on that.

I think the team is doing a mock game Saturday night at 7:00. It was on their pre-season calendar.

#BlazerNation

Comment

I think I saw a female PK on the blazers roster the other day. I wonder how good she is. Anyone know? I remember when UWA had a female starting PK many years ago.

Comment

I think I saw a female PK on the blazers roster the other day. I wonder how good she is. Anyone know? I remember when UWA had a female starting PK many years ago.
                  McCall Bennett, from Milton Georgia. Interesting.
                  <>

Comment

There was video of her on Twitter. She made every kick. I think she kicked in high school, also. Very supportive family.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Using her on a short field goal for a trick play would be a killer surprise.

Comment

Someone told me that theUWA female kicker(Last name Butler?) is recognized in College Football HOF and her shoes, helmet or someother memorabilia are part of exhibit.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                          Someone told me that theUWA female kicker(Last name Butler?) is recognized in College Football HOF and her shoes, helmet or someother memorabilia are part of exhibit.[/B]
                          True, she was the first female to score a FG in an NCAA game.

From Wiki...

Tonya Lynn Butler (born October 20, 1980)[1] is an American athlete who is the first woman ever to score a field goal in a college football game. She accomplished this feat on September 13, 2003, as a placekicker for the University of West Alabama Tigers, which was competing in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II.

Butler served as placekicker for both the 2003 and 2004 seasons playing for West Alabama. For her career she made 13 of 19 field goal attempts with a long kick of 39 yards, and 48 of 53 in extra point attempts.[13] Her 50 total points made during the 2003 season led the squad, and she was named special teams captain in both her years at West Alabama.[13] Butler also was named Academic All-Gulf South Conference in 2004 and graduated in 2005 with a master's degree in psychology and counseling.[13] In January 2006, her West Alabama helmet, jersey and cleats were displayed at the NCAA Hall of Champions in Indianapolis in recognition of her accomplishments as a student-athlete.[13]

Butler held the record for the most points scored by a female college football player with 87 through the 2010 season when Brittany Ryan from Lebanon Valley College established the new mark.[14]

Comment

This isn't a dig at VSU at all but what is the rest of the story with the baseball coach and the long hair? I was shocked when I saw the story on many national news outlets. Most of the time the media doesn't care what happens at D2 unless it is controversial.
                            Last edited by UWAalum; 08-25-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Is it just me? I think this is the least anxious opening game vs. Point Univ. that I can recall. Between the lack luster 22 season and lack luster opponent I'm just not pumped about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                                This isn't a dig at VSU at all but what is the rest of the story with the baseball coach and the long hair? I was shocked when I saw the story on many national news outlets. Most of the time the media doesn't care what happens at D2 unless it is controversial.
                                It is in the due process/investigative phase. Please pray for our athletic administrative staff. They have been swamped with phone calls and some have not been nice.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X