Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do we come off the ledge?

At the end of last season Blazer fans were all looking for a tall building to jump from (figuratively of course). Despite last year's result we're favored in all but one of our games this year, which means it's likely that we will make the playoffs. My point, if things play out as projected, is that enough for us to now become comfortable and trust the process? Or was last year's result something that can only be forgiven with a NC :)

We seem to be on the right track defensively, however, we'll have a little better picture after the Keiser(sp) game. At lease we have a recent history to gauge from playing against them.

Comment

Go Mustangs!

Comment

Delta State is waiting! Hope it’s a great game!

Comment

I see four games that we wouldn't be favored in

West Fl
          West Ga
          Delta State
          Miss College

I’m interested to see how the QB situation and defense situation. I not sure why Tisdale isn’t playing at all. I think we will be a run heavy team this year.

Comment

Based on how fast things went south last year most aren’t ready to jump on the bandwagon quickly. Currently I think UWA, UWG & VSU have big questions. Can any of the three play from behind? Offensive consistency fo UWA and UWG. How does VSU do against a top offense? With conference games starting answers will come soon.

Comment

In 2017 Valdosta only won 5 games and the next year won the national championship. Last year they still managed to win 5 games and have a decent start this year in year 2 of new coach regime. Given their recent history I would say beware of the Blazers this year.

Comment

I think we see who VSU really is in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
                  I see four games that we wouldn't be favored in

West Fl
                  West Ga
                  Delta State
                  Miss College

I’m interested to see how the QB situation and defense situation. I not sure why Tisdale isn’t playing at all. I think we will be a run heavy team this year.
                  I should have been more specific. Massey has us favored in all but the UWF game. If you remove the 3 points for homefield advantage, the Delta game is basically a toss up. Other than that Massey must factor in historical records because we have pretty comfortable odds in the other games.

I believe you're right, our run game looks more developed, so it's likely that we will rely more on it. However, I'm liking what I'm seeing in the passing game, the receivers are getting open, and that something I haven't seen since coach Bell left.

Comment

Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post
                    Delta State is waiting! Hope it’s a great game!
                    Delta State and Valdosta State......we've had some classics!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

"At the end of last season Blazer fans were all looking for a tall building to jump from (figuratively of course). Despite last year's result we're favored in all but one of our games this year,..."

Delayed gratification; If you look at our roster, this is a very young team. We’ll do better this year, but I think next year will be our time to shine.
                      <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                        "At the end of last season Blazer fans were all looking for a tall building to jump from (figuratively of course). Despite last year's result we're favored in all but one of our games this year,..."

Delayed gratification; If you look at our roster, this is a very young team. We’ll do better this year, but I think next year will be our time to shine.
                        I think this is a very fair take. I was looking over things as well, very young indeed. I think you'll see some more ups and downs this year as a result. I think the staff is getting the defense more of their type of defender in the system and can now get after the QB a bit and such. The box is still a bit smallish and Keiser can run the football very well..which they should, being a top 5 NAIA squad that plays physical. They have a big QB who's a D1 guy that can run, along with their bell-cow back..expect this game to be quite the test for Valdosta, especially considering they played Mississippi College pretty much dead even in the QB's first start. This Keiser squad appears to be a little better than their group from a year ago.

The Massey numbers are a bit misleading as they are taking the last 3 years or so of data to drum up their rankings and lines. When you have considerable roster change, new coaching staff, and so forth..that really changes the equation. Delta is a clear favorite over the Blazers this year, if we are going to be candid here. West GA also, certainly West Florida..maybe even West Alabama.

I agree that what they are cookin might really come to fruition a season from now, given the experience this young group will gain this season.

Comment

Eventually vsu is gonna vsu and get back to winning a lot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X