Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HU News

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    2018 Tigers has a chance to go undefeated next year. If the QB situation works out, we have a chance to go deep in the playoffs!!!
    Oh yeah. No doubt. I'm sure you'll find somebody better than Frazier. He took you guys way deep in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
      Oh yeah. No doubt. I'm sure you'll find somebody better than Frazier. He took you guys way deep in the playoffs.
      This will be the most talented group of kids I've witnessed in my 10:years of being a fan.

Comment

This will be the most talented group of kids I've witnessed in my 10:years of being a fan.
        Me picking on you aside, id really like to know what makes you say that. You're losing a guy at QB who will be tough to replace. Especially without a qb on the roster who has ever traveled with the team. KO isn't getting any better and he's very injury prone. Losing both LB's in a 4-2-5 defense. Just curious what makes you think OBU will be so much better next season. Honest question.

Comment

2018 Tigers has a chance to go undefeated next year.
          Every team has a chance to go undefeated next year--some better than others. It's the way of the offseason.

If the QB situation works out, we have a chance to go deep in the playoffs!!!
          If the QB situation works out for Ouachita they will certainly find ways to win in the GAC...it's what Ouachita does. Having said that, replacing the talent and experience of Warford is going to be tough.

As for the POs, if I remember correctly, the Tigers return mostly intact a defense that gave up around 432ypg and 26ppg. They won many of their games in high scoring affairs. Those kinds of teams don't typically make deep playoff runs. Other PO teams tend to have good offenses too. It's the ability to stop those offenses that typically determines who makes playoff runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
            Every team has a chance to go undefeated next year--some better than others. It's the way of the offseason.

If the QB situation works out for Ouachita they will certainly find ways to win in the GAC...it's what Ouachita does. Having said that, replacing the talent and experience of Warford is going to be tough.

As for the POs, if I remember correctly, the Tigers return mostly intact a defense that gave up around 432ypg and 26ppg. They won many of their games in high scoring affairs. Those kinds of teams don't typically make deep playoff runs. Other PO teams tend to have good offenses too. It's the ability to stop those offenses that typically determines who makes playoff runs.
            Tigers 4-2-5 defense is a system that automatically gets stats for the the 2 LBs. The difference this year will be the constant pressure we will put on the QB with our front 4. We had a bunch of young guys who will end up being all time greats on the the front 4. This will take a lot of pressure off the backend who will be alot more seasoned and ready to contribute. I guess it comes down to knowing your personnel. We expect big things from the defense this year. As far as the QB situation. You better believe Coach Derby has a card in his back pocket. Our offense is a run first scheme and QB friendly. This same offense that didn't lose a whole lot in 2016 when Afford got hurt and missed most of the second half of the season. We have playmakers all over the field and that will be a big help to any new QB. Plus it looks like Harding will be without their dangerous running QB to begin the year. The guy who played against Commerce did impress me with better throwing ability but his feet doesn't put pressure on the defense, we all know what Harding wants to do. That will handicap them to begin the season. I like our chances to go back to back and finally make a run in the playoffs.

Comment

Plus rumor has it that there is a former Mulerider QB already enrolled on campus with great feet and arm. Im sure they didn't bring him here for decoration. This will be an interesting QB battle this upcoming camp.

Comment

Plus rumor has it that there is a former Mulerider QB already enrolled on campus with great feet and arm. Im sure they didn't bring him here for decoration. This will be an interesting QB battle this upcoming camp.

Comment

Tigers 4-2-5 defense is a system that automatically gets stats for the the 2 LBs. The difference this year will be the constant pressure we will put on the QB with our front 4. We had a bunch of young guys who will end up being all time greats on the the front 4. This will take a lot of pressure off the backend who will be alot more seasoned and ready to contribute. I guess it comes down to knowing your personnel. We expect big things from the defense this year. As far as the QB situation. You better believe Coach Derby has a card in his back pocket. Our offense is a run first scheme and QB friendly. This same offense that didn't lose a whole lot in 2016 when Afford got hurt and missed most of the second half of the season. We have playmakers all over the field and that will be a big help to any new QB. Plus it looks like Harding will be without their dangerous running QB to begin the year. The guy who played against Commerce did impress me with better throwing ability but his feet doesn't put pressure on the defense, we all know what Harding wants to do. That will handicap them to begin the season. I like our chances to go back to back and finally make a run in the playoffs.
                  When was the last time OBU has been better than average on D?

Comment

Tigers 4-2-5 defense is a system that automatically gets stats for the the 2 LBs. The difference this year will be the constant pressure we will put on the QB with our front 4. We had a bunch of young guys who will end up being all time greats on the the front 4. This will take a lot of pressure off the backend who will be alot more seasoned and ready to contribute. I guess it comes down to knowing your personnel. We expect big things from the defense this year...
                    Since most teams in this league run either a 4-2-5 or a 3-4 D I'm aware of how they work.

As for the Ouachita defensive front four. If I remember correctly Ouachita's front four averaged 255 last year. They had only 16 sacks last year of which 9 of those came against NWOSU, SWOSU & ECU--the 3 worst o-lines in the league. If you are going to argue that the improvements will come due to off-season workouts, etc., then you have to account for the fact that opposing offensive lines will have the opportunity to do the same.

As a football analyst, I do not see how having that kind of d-line back is going to automatically translate into better pressure this upcoming year--let alone being all time greats--nor do I see where your optimism that they are going to make a giant leap forward is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                      Since most teams in this league run either a 4-2-5 or a 3-4 D I'm aware of how they work.

As for the Ouachita defensive front four. If I remember correctly Ouachita's front four averaged 255 last year. They had only 16 sacks last year of which 9 of those came against NWOSU, SWOSU & ECU--the 3 worst o-lines in the league. If you are going to argue that the improvements will come due to off-season workouts, etc., then you have to account for the fact that opposing offensive lines will have the opportunity to do the same.

As a football analyst, I do not see how having that kind of d-line back is going to automatically translate into better pressure this upcoming year--let alone being all time greats--nor do I see where your optimism that they are going to make a giant leap forward is coming from.
                      The same confidence I had coming into last season and I'm sure I the only one picking my Tigers to win conference. As you being an analysis, I'm pretty sure I know more about this team than you do. Im also pretty sure you aren't putting in the time and resources to truly understand this team. Anyone can look up stats!!!!

Comment

The same confidence I had coming into last season and I'm sure I the only one picking my Tigers to win conference. As you being an analysis, I'm pretty sure I know more about this team than you do. Im also pretty sure you aren't putting in the time and resources to truly understand this team. Anyone can look up stats!!!!
                        You yourself picked HU as favorite for 2018.

Comment

You yourself picked HU as favorite for 2018.
                          That was before your QB got in bad graces with the NCAA.

Comment

That was before your QB got in bad graces with the NCAA.
                            HU could have a scarecrow playing QB next year and they would still be No. 1 with the defense they have coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
                              HU could have a scarecrow playing QB next year and they would still be No. 1 with the defense they have coming back.
                              Oh I'm sure OBU will be better on D than we will. HU just lead in total defense, scoring defense, Rushing defense, turnovers forced, sacks, INT's, and red zone D. And we return everybody. Maybe we can stack up with this historical OBU D

Comment

Me picking on you aside, id really like to know what makes you say that. You're losing a guy at QB who will be tough to replace. Especially without a qb on the roster who has ever traveled with the team. KO isn't getting any better and he's very injury prone. Losing both LB's in a 4-2-5 defense. Just curious what makes you think OBU will be so much better next season. Honest question.
                                Silly person. Asking logical questions on a message board.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X