Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GAC Stadium Thread

At least it didn't cost me $50,000 a year to go to college. Well, I guess you didn't either. I'm sure daddy did that.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
      At least it didn't cost me $50,000 a year to go to college. Well, I guess you didn't either. I'm sure daddy did that.

Comment

Comment

Yep. The season is getting close. :good:

Hopefully we get more posters on here. Welcome ONCEATIGER25. You have to love the banter. ECU usually has some very good talent on the team. I expect each year ECU will climb closer to the top of the conference. Not sure why it hasn't already happened.

And to me, how you get your college education is not as important as having it.

Comment

2 main reasons I can come up with. The old coaching staff and Oklahoma funding compared to the Arkansas schools.

Comment

2 main reasons I can come up with. The old coaching staff and Oklahoma funding compared to the Arkansas schools.
              Oklahoma funding has been an issue. Maybe things are changing in OK. New Governor.

Comment

Will Henderson State get back to their "Glory Days" this season? How long does Maxfield have left?

Comment

Will Henderson State get back to their "Glory Days" this season? How long does Maxfield have left?
                  Maxfield is safe. I am hoping this year we climb back to the top contenders in the conference. I think the Reddies will be pretty good. It's been 3 long years and it's time. Returning QB, WR, RB good kicker and more. The DL will have to improve from recent past. I am anticipating a competitive year for HSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
                    Maxfield is safe. I am hoping this year we climb back to the top contenders in the conference. I think the Reddies will be pretty good. It's been 3 long years and it's time. Returning QB, WR, RB good kicker and more. The DL will have to improve from recent past. I am anticipating a competitive year for HSU.
                    Should have a team that can contend this year, particularly on offense. HU/OBU are the favorites for sure but I would put HSU right there in that next group of teams. You could make a strong case that the Reddies should be third in the preseason poll. I think they've got a good chance to win 8 or 9 if things click.

Comment

QB will hold them back. They will lose a couple of games they shouldn't because of him. Think they finish 7-4. We shall see though.

Comment

QB will hold them back. They will lose a couple of games they shouldn't because of him. Think they finish 7-4. We shall see though.
                        He threw for 2500 yards, 18 TDs and 11 INTs in his first year as the starter after not getting to campus until the summer. He was also behind an offensive line that had four new starters and allowed the third-most sacks in the GAC, so it's not like he had all day back there.

QB wasn't the problem last year, he didn't set the world on fire but he was actually one of the better QBs in the league, and I expect him to take a step forward as players typically do when they get to spend a whole year in the system preparing.

Comment

53% completion percentage. That is not very good. And the QB and the defense was the problem last year. And even more than that is just the players they have on the field. Not the talent HSU used to field

Comment

Stammetti is not the problem. HSU has 2 QB's coming back with play time.

The DL was not good enough and the Reddies posted a losing record. OL was young and was outplayed by the conference opponents.

I watched the games and the Reddie QB was not the issue. Dropped balls happened too often. The OL did not hold well. What was Troy Aikman's % when Walsh was trying to get the job? Was it Aikman or the OL? I'll help your research. 1989 and 1990. Was Aikman a good NFL QB?

Comment

.... yeah.

Will we be doing a conference pick em week to week?

Comment

.... yeah.

Will we be doing a conference pick em week to week?
                                We have in the past. I hope the last guy running the contest will do it again. But we should do it. I will donate to D2Football.com in the winners name. If there is more than one winner (Tie), I will donate in each name. Probably won't be me. :wink: I have never won.

Last year Pathos won the contest.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X