Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GAC Stadium Thread

Originally posted by Redready View Post
    We have in the past. I hope the last guy running the contest will do it again. But we should do it. I will donate to D2Football.com in the winners name. If there is more than one winner (Tie), I will donate in each name. Probably won't be me. :wink: I have never won.

Last year Pathos won the contest.
    Where is Pathos? Haven't seen him on here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
      53% completion percentage. That is not very good. And the QB and the defense was the problem last year. And even more than that is just the players they have on the field. Not the talent HSU used to field
      You're talking about other team's QB play being suspect when you had two players combine to throw for less than 1400 yards last year with a completion percentage of 48%? I guess you are the expert on bad QB play.

Stammetti was 18-24 for 205 and 2 TDs when we beat you guys by three scores at your field last year. He's the least of my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
        You're talking about other team's QB play being suspect when you had two players combine to throw for less than 1400 yards last year with a completion percentage of 48%? I guess you are the expert on bad QB play.

Stammetti was 18-24 for 205 and 2 TDs when we beat you guys by three scores at your field last year. He's the least of my concern.
        ONCEATIGER25 is the new Weevil Watcher when it comes to optimism.

Comment

Granted most teams had a field day against ECU.

Comment

Stammetti went on one hell of a 3 game stretch to end the season. SAU= 8/21 52 yds 2 INT UAM= 30/62 2 INT OBU= 21/37 2 INT.. Guess what happened those 3 games?? L L L

And I never said ECU had a good QB. Hell, if it wasn't for the QBs, ECU wins 5 or 6 games. They both were terrible (even the Alabama transfer).

Comment

Stammetti went on one hell of a 3 game stretch to end the season. SAU= 8/21 52 yds 2 INT UAM= 30/62 2 INT OBU= 21/37 2 INT.. Guess what happened those 3 games?? L L L

And I never said ECU had a good QB. Hell, if it wasn't for the QBs, ECU wins 5 or 6 games. They both were terrible (even the Alabama transfer).
              My point is not that he's a superstar. At times he struggled like most of the QBs in our league did. But to act like he is what held HSU back last year and what will hold them back this year is just not a good take. He was in the top half of QBs in the GAC any way you slice it with virtually no previous experience in the offense, and while being surrounded by three new WR starters, two new RBs, and four new starters on the OL, all of which return in 2019.

The bottom line is that QB play in the GAC is not overwhelming right now from the top down. You don't have to be a superstar to pilot your team to a very good record. Only three QBs in the conference completed 60% of their passes or better last season: Renner (graduated), Brazeal (only threw the ball 12 times a game), and Haire (threw 22 INTs). Stammetti, Sears, and Freeman were basically identical stats-wise. Sears and Renner are gone, so those are your four top passing QBs in the league entering 2018. Huge drop off after those guys statistically.

I think Brazeal is probably the best QB in the GAC for a traditional passing-oriented offense. After him? There are three guys who are pretty interchangeable and HSU has one of them. Two of those three players had previous starting experience going into 2018. Stammetti was the only one who did not. I'd argue his ceiling is higher than any of those other guys for that reason.

Comment

Im not impressed by any QB that I saw in the conference last season that is returning. I'd be willing to be that an underclassman/transfer from another school will be the best QB in the conference.

Comment

Comment

ONCEATIGER25,

Welcome to the thread. Always good to see a fellow ECU poster. From one Tiger to another, lets try to get to .500 before we starting going in on other teams QB.

Thanks,
                    Concerned East Central Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post
                      ONCEATIGER25,

Welcome to the thread. Always good to see a fellow ECU poster. From one Tiger to another, lets try to get to .500 before we starting going in on other teams QB.

Thanks,
                      Concerned East Central Fan
                      *Slow Clap to a Fast Clap*

Comment

Also, ECU had potentially the worst QB play last year of all GAC history. Having Mookie Douglas back will alleviate some pressure from the position, but we definitely need more from the QB spot this year.

Comment

Stopped by ECU's first practice yesterday. I can honestly say the Offense is WAY better than last year. Can't be worse right? Mookie is back and running the rock, they have 3 QBs battling it out. The freshmen seem to have the advantage. They are both really good. I was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Stopped by ECU's first practice yesterday. I can honestly say the Offense is WAY better than last year. Can't be worse right? Mookie is back and running the rock, they have 3 QBs battling it out. The freshmen seem to have the advantage. They are both really good. I was pleasantly surprised.
                            Good to hear that ECU looks good going on air. Maybe their new found success will carry over when the full pads come on. Having the Douglas kid back will surely help that offense.

Comment

Drove by Arkadelphia on the way to deer camp, OBU was out in full force. Looks like they have a record amount on the roster to me.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X