Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GVSU 2018

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    I don't believe that to be the case. GVSU transfer requirements include a 2.5 GPA at your previous school. The middle 50% of freshman admissions at GVSU have at least a 3.3 GPA, which leads me to believe the minimum GPA is probably around 2.5, and that's for high school, which is by all standards easier than college.

Not that it matters much, but one of the transfers, Thad Little, had been on GVSU's team previously, then transferred to a CC, and now is back at GVSU (and was last year). So he got in previously. Haha.
    So you're saying that there are 2.5 HS GPA getting admitted as freshman? Hmm, ok. But I still stick to my guns that it's easier and a much lower bar, for a transfer to get in than a freshman. This is the case at many schools... including MSU and UofM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
      So you're saying that there are 2.5 HS GPA getting admitted as freshman? Hmm, ok. But I still stick to my guns that it's easier and a much lower bar, for a transfer to get in than a freshman. This is the case at many schools... including MSU and UofM.
      There might be. I don't know. Nobody does. But if the middle 50% is 3.3-3.8, then they might be if they have good test scores. But what is an equivalent HS GPA to a 2.5 college GPA that you need to get admitted as a transfer?

Michigan actually requires a 3.0 GPA and at least 30+ transferable credits. That's why UM rarely takes in transfers most years, because not many players transferring from other schools can get in.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

GVSU doesn't list a minimum freshman admission standard, just the GPA range of the middle 50% (3.3-3.8). So I'm not sure there *is* a minimum for first-year students. I suppose it is just a combination of GPA, test scores, volunteer work, etc. But at least for transfers, it is a 2.5. I'm just guessing based on the middle 50% being 3.3-3.8 for first-year students, that the minimum for freshman admission they usually take is probably around 2.5 as well. I know a couple people who were near that GPA in my high school and scored over 30 on their ACT's and got in to schools they had no business being in, GPA-wise. Who knows!
        It's true that they don't have a minimum requirement - anymore. However, when I applied in 2002, their admission requirements brochure had stated a minimum of a 2.9 was required for admission. I don't think it was too long after that the minimum requirement was dropped. At the time, I didn't have a 2.9 (2.7) and was initially turned down. But yeah, they definitely have a set minimum of 2.5 for transfers and have maintained that as far as I'm aware. I'm honestly surprised they haven't upped that number over time as GVSU has become more selective.

Comment

8-3 again :( prove me wrong please

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
            8-3 again :( prove me wrong please
            They will

Comment

Interesting tidbit in the latest MLive article: https://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/08...ntez_moss.html

Appears that Bryce Young-Walls was declared ineligible, as well. So right now it looks like Dre'on Kemp and Chawntez Moss are the top two.

Comment

Interesting tidbit in the latest MLive article: https://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/08...ntez_moss.html

Appears that Bryce Young-Walls was declared ineligible, as well. So right now it looks like Dre'on Kemp and Chawntez Moss are the top two.
                Well, I had thought this before Carter and now Walls being out, no matter the case the Oline has to be much much better this year to be consistent on offense.
                National Championships Are Cool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Minnesota View Post
                  Well, I had thought this before Carter and now Walls being out, no matter the case the Oline has to be much much better this year to be consistent on offense.
                  Sure will be. Bart's top three targets are gone, top two RB's are gone...gonna need the OL to step up and let the WR's have more time to get open and make the holes a little bigger for the new RB's I guess.

Comment

how good is this pitt transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                      how good is this pitt transfer?
                      I don't know a thing about him. Will find out against Indy. Haha

Comment

I don't know a thing about him. Will find out against Indy. Haha
                        how good is the o line?

Comment

how good is the o line?
                          Rumor is the OL starters are more than solid. As for Moss, expecting the real deal... so far. I don't want to jinx things, but I suspect it'll be the receivers that will be the biggest unkown for spots. Dodson should be a stud though. After that, expect a solid receiving core with names that most are not familiar with... at least not yet.:wink:

Comment

how good is the o line?
                            You know more than I do about the team.

Comment

You know more than I do about the team.
                              perhaps 10-25 years ago? not these days... sadly don't get to the games like I used to

Comment

Hopefully the nagging hip issue doesn't progress into a major hip issue.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X