Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

I agree with you completely. Based on the size and location of the university we should have a premier football program. We may be 3rd most funded uni in the state but I'm not sure how much of that trickles down to the football program. Who knows we might be cursed like the Detroit Lions.

P.S.
    We actually had a very competitive team in the mid 70's under head coach Dick Lowry. He did wonders on a shoestring budget but couldn't get the administration to pony up more dough to help him improve the football program so he left. And the rest as they say is history.

Comment

The only hope for Wayne State this year is if Amrhein suddenly can throw passes to the TE's and backs. He has the arm for the long ball and some very fast receivers. As for the long haul, we need a good indoor fascility to help recruit in general and specifically D1 transfers, Jucos. We do not get the JC players like we used to. What happened. I expect the two JC players on the team currently came because of the new backfield coach but could be wrong on this.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
        I agree with you completely. Based on the size and location of the university we should have a premier football program. We may be 3rd most funded uni in the state but I'm not sure how much of that trickles down to the football program. Who knows we might be cursed like the Detroit Lions.

P.S.
        We actually had a very competitive team in the mid 70's under head coach Dick Lowry. He did wonders on a shoestring budget but couldn't get the administration to pony up more dough to help him improve the football program so he left. And the rest as they say is history.
        This is true - we started playing them in 75 and lost 6-15 and then again in 76 and won 3-0

Comment

P.S.
          Yes, I played on Lowry's last team at WSU, the 1979 season. It was a respectable program that the school almost eliminated in the following years. It took a real gallant effort by athletic alumni to save the football program. However, the facilities, the funding, the WSU community has grown so much since then that we really do need to have a nationally renowned sports program, and that's basketball as well as football

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
            The only hope for Wayne State this year is if Amrhein suddenly can throw passes to the TE's and backs. He has the arm for the long ball and some very fast receivers. As for the long haul, we need a good indoor fascility to help recruit in general and specifically D1 transfers, Jucos. We do not get the JC players like we used to. What happened. I expect the two JC players on the team currently came because of the new backfield coach but could be wrong on this.
            I'm not up to speed on what facilities various D2 teams have but I was under the impression that an indoor practice facility for football was something only the big time FBS schools had.

Comment

I'm not up to speed on what facilities various D2 teams have but I was under the impression that an indoor practice facility for football was something only the big time FBS schools had.
              Quite a few of the GLIAC do... Even Northwood:bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Last edited by sandman; 10-05-2018, 07:16 AM. Reason: wrong

Comment

I heard the TV announcer say that Stinson is no longer with the team. Does anybody know the story here?

Comment

Well, game suspended with 2:05 in the 1st half due to lightning. Just as well the way the Tartars are playing. Ironically they could use a jolt of electricity if they want to have a chance of winning. Davenport does not look like a 3rd year team but Wayne State does.

Comment

Well, game suspended with 2:05 in the 1st half due to lightning. Just as well the way the Tartars are playing. Ironically they could use a jolt of electricity if they want to have a chance of winning. Davenport does not look like a 3rd year team but Wayne State does.
                      Davenport's got some big boys on that offensive line; from what I heard at the game they have some D1 transfers and they look like they are going to give a whole lot of teams some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
                        Davenport's got some big boys on that offensive line; from what I heard at the game they have some D1 transfers and they look like they are going to give a whole lot of teams some problems.
                        Makes you wonder. We got a head coach that's been here 15 years and he can't assemble a team as good as a team in it's 3rd ever season. Also makes you wonder what Zezula must have done for Winters to stick with Amrhein as crappy as he's playing.

Comment

This is the worst Wayne State team I've seen in probably 12 or 13 years. Winters is gonna have a lot of "splainin" to do after this season. I don't know now if they can win a game for the rest of the season. They are emotionally dead. They seem to have really fallen apart after losing to Saginaw Valley.

Comment

Comment

I heard the TV announcer say that Stinson is no longer with the team. Does anybody know the story here?
                              probably deserted a sinking ship

Comment

Davenport is legit

how long before they're eligible for the playoffs?

who r their noncon games next year?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X