Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
    Makes you wonder. We got a head coach that's been here 15 years and he can't assemble a team as good as a team in it's 3rd ever season. Also makes you wonder what Zezula must have done for Winters to stick with Amrhein as crappy as he's playing.
    Obviously the QB situation is a mess and that is the head coaches responsibility. Winters has to rectify this or things could get worse. With even tougher competition ahead of us going into the next half of the season, I just hope we won't quit even if a few players leave.

Comment

by the way this is not a surprise...kle called this 2-3 yrs ago

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
        by the way this is not a surprise...kle called this 2-3 yrs ago
        I'm more proud of calling the West Florida quick come-up. Haha. That was an easy one, though.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

nice call but your tiger woods and Michigan basketball predictions were terrible:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
            nice call but your tiger woods and Michigan basketball predictions were terrible:wink:
            They'll be on point once I work inside PGA and B1G men's basketball for a decade like I have with D2 football :wink:
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Davenport rushed for 256 yards on 52 carries; WSU rushed for 25 yards on 24 attempts... in Detroit. What bizzaro world am I now living in?

Comment

We are a bottom tier GLIAC team probably better suited for the GMAC than GLIAC.
                The product on the field is GMAC quality...

Your bashing of the GMAC does not really represent the truth. Yes, Grand Valley and most certainly Ferris State are top tier D2 programs, and Davenport is an up an comer. However, This year, the GMAC's top five teams are 2-2 vs the GLIAC, including ODU's victory over Ashland. The GMAC's bottom teams struggle, especially Lake Erie. LEC not only struggles, they are just not very good and probably should not be playing in the GMAC, or at the D2 level. In out-of-conference games, the GMAC's top five teams are 7-3. The bottom four, not any better, or worse than the GLIAC. The former GLIAC teams that are now in the GMAC (Hillsdale, Tiffin, ODU, and Findlay) did well in the highly competitive GLIAC, and are doing well in their new conference. Take Ferris and GVSU out of the GLIAC and there really isn't all that many teams that are going to be any better than teams in the GMAC, except for LEC. I've always liked the make up of the GLIAC and respect the teams in that conference. However, the GLIAC isn't the best conference in D2. The MIAA, and a couple of others are just as good. When was the last year that the GLIAC won the National Championship? So then you ask, "When did a GMAC team win the NC?" The GMAC is only three years old, compared to the "aged" GLIAC. In head to head competition, right now the GLIAC is most likely a cut above the GMAC, granted, but I believe the day will arrive when GLIAC schools will watch a GMAC team competing for the NC. That's my opinion.

Comment

This is the worst Wayne State team I've seen in probably 12 or 13 years. Winters is gonna have a lot of "splainin" to do after this season. I don't know now if they can win a game for the rest of the season. They are emotionally dead. They seem to have really fallen apart after losing to Saginaw Valley.
                  Agree with your assessment but I see some good effort from players like Toth, McDade, Pittman and many others but an unnamed OLineman was knocked back farther by a Davenport linebacker than I have ever seen before in college or pro. Have to admit he was a second stringer but it showed to me that we were overmatched to some degree.

The Saginaw Valley game was so discouraging and still wish we had gone for the two point conversion to win, but that shouldn't cause a complete breakdown. We are losing to teams that we beat last year. Seeing that Davenport barely beat Northern and Tech and the added games of Northwood, Ferris, and Grand Valley things look very bleak.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post

Your bashing of the GMAC does not really represent the truth. Yes, Grand Valley and most certainly Ferris State are top tier D2 programs, and Davenport is an up an comer. However, This year, the GMAC's top five teams are 2-2 vs the GLIAC, including ODU's victory over Ashland. The GMAC's bottom teams struggle, especially Lake Erie. LEC not only struggles, they are just not very good and probably should not be playing in the GMAC, or at the D2 level. In out-of-conference games, the GMAC's top five teams are 7-3. The bottom four, not any better, or worse than the GLIAC. The former GLIAC teams that are now in the GMAC (Hillsdale, Tiffin, ODU, and Findlay) did well in the highly competitive GLIAC, and are doing well in their new conference. Take Ferris and GVSU out of the GLIAC and there really isn't all that many teams that are going to be any better than teams in the GMAC, except for LEC. I've always liked the make up of the GLIAC and respect the teams in that conference. However, the GLIAC isn't the best conference in D2. The MIAA, and a couple of others are just as good. When was the last year that the GLIAC won the National Championship? So then you ask, "When did a GMAC team win the NC?" The GMAC is only three years old, compared to the "aged" GLIAC. In head to head competition, right now the GLIAC is most likely a cut above the GMAC, granted, but I believe the day will arrive when GLIAC schools will watch a GMAC team competing for the NC. That's my opinion.
                    Any chance you could give me a list of the GMAC teams and the years they won a NC? I dont mean that it had to be when they were GMAC members just over all...thanks..Miss playing Hillsdale wish we could do it again!

Comment

If Ashland and UIndy join the GMAC, it will be KyWes that does not participate in Football in the conference (like Morehead State in the OVC), not LEC.

Comment

Your bashing of the GMAC does not really represent the truth.
                        I wasn't intending to bash the GMAC specifically. I was posting in the heat of the moment and the GMAC was the only thing that came to mind.
                        It's not a great excuse but it's all I got. I mainly wanted to make the point that the current WSU team isn't good enough to compete with most of the GLIAC competition. Yes, the current squad would have a hard time in almost any D2 conference. I actually like the GMAC, they have several good teams. BTW I wish we still had Hillsdale on our schedule. We've had many good games vs Hillsdale.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                          Agree with your assessment but I see some good effort from players like Toth, McDade, Pittman and many others but an unnamed OLineman was knocked back farther by a Davenport linebacker than I have ever seen before in college or pro. Have to admit he was a second stringer but it showed to me that we were overmatched to some degree.
                          The defense actually played pretty well for most of the game. They were on the field way too long due to the lack of offense and got worn out. As for the QB I think Winters is gonna stick with Amrhein, he really likes him, thinks he's got a lot of potential. We'll see how that works out.

Comment

The defense actually played pretty well for most of the game. They were on the field way too long due to the lack of offense and got worn out. As for the QB I think Winters is gonna stick with Amrhein, he really likes him, thinks he's got a lot of potential. We'll see how that works out.
                            Winters may think he has potential, but it is very obvious that he cannot run. His long throws look nice, but overthrows the receivers too often. He doesn't throw to the tight ends. Now these may all be correctable, except for the running, but Kupp has to be a better option right now if he is healthy. Agree with you about the defensive effort in the last game but you cant leave them out there that long.

Comment

1. the gmac is not a bad conference...its just not as good as the gliac...not really that close even...have you noticed that nearly every time a team leaves the gliac they win their new conference? these are not teams that were winning the gliac either by the way...right now notre dame is winning their conference...indy wins the glvc nearly every year...the former mid to bottom tier of the gliac is now the top 5 teams in the gmac...mercyhurst played in the psac title game shortly after they left...when you have a great program like gvsu, and now fsu and even ashland sort of...it forces everyone else to step up their game and get better

2. who are these conferences better than the gliac? the miaa who got beat twice by the gliac last year and will likely get beat twice again? the gsc whom gliac teams have beaten many straight times?

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
                                If Wayne loses this game....well then I think Wayne will have reached it's lowest point in a LONGGGGG time. So low that unfortunately I think dramatic changes will have to be made to the entire program

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X