Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: gv fs game thread

DBs usually have their back turned while a WR is facing the throw. A lot harder to turn and locate the ball and make sure the receiver is covered...not that you don't know this already.

Comment

Tough game to watch - we through the long passes to get down inside the 35/30 and then kept trying them when short passes and runs would have worked just fine - especially the last two drives in the 4th qtr - we could have eaten clock and thrown some nice control passes - the last interception I believe the back coming out of the backfield was wide open to the near side instead of the long throw to the wide side that wasn't getting the 15 yards anyway - oh well, nothing we can do about it now - don't get a big letdown and let Davenport in the game then finish strong and sit 10-1 and see where we land

Comment

I flew up here to see this game and it was a good game but disappointing to lose a game we could have and should have won

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
          I flew up here to see this game and it was a good game but disappointing to lose a game we could have and should have won
          Mitchell was outcoached once again.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            Usually I would be mad after a game like this, but it's alright. It was a good game. It was the best game GV has played against Ferris in a while. I thought they played better in this game than when we beat Ferris in the playoffs a couple years back. That was a game that got handed to us in the 1st quarter and then had to hold on for dear life. Lost 3 of 4 quarters in that game. This was just a good game between two good teams. Hopefully we see each other again, and I think even if we have the same game plan, I like our chances. Bart just has to make better choices. Still can't wrap my head around two interceptions on screen passes. It happens, though, I guess. We'll be fine. I feel more confident leaving this game that GV can beat Ashland than I was before this game.

We contained a running QB for the first time in a while. Before that big scramble in the 4th quarter after we whiffed on a sack, Ferris was averaging about 2 yards per carry. That was encouraging. The discouraging part was Ferris having 180+ passing yards on 4 completions at one point. Felt like watching the Navy offense where they only complete a couple passes, but when they do, they are huge gains because the defense is selling out against the run. But I'd rather do that than get gouged for 6-8 yards per carry. GV played fine, just didn't get the calls to go their way. Had one phantom call against them to take away a touchdown, and one non-call that didn't make any sense.
            If you guys see us again I don't think it'll be this close. Ferris looked completely undisciplined, even more than normal. How many stupid penalties? Multiple botched snaps. For some reason they stayed in man and wanted to shut down the run, when GV wasn't running. Jayru is on the decline. He's taken way too many hits (31 rushes against Ashland). If you noticed towards the end he started coming up short on all his passes. All these hits are accumulating and his body isn't responding. Hell they took out the running back, went 2 TE empty and just let him pound the middle. Hopefully he can get some rest with some of these easier games coming up. If not I think we might be headed for an early exit.

Comment

we should drop to 5 or 6 in the rankings

Comment

Well not necessarily. GV runs the fade so much because they believe they have a size/athleticism advantage. As much as it drives me crazy when they call it too much, it obviously still works quite a bit. Dodson caught about 10 himself tonight

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                  Mitchell was outcoached once again.
                  Give it a rest. There's been plenty of GV/FS games where he was outcoached, this wasn't one of them. GV had a game plan to win. Bart made bad throws in bad situations. Horton went offsides in a very crucial situation. This is a tiresome trope that is not fit for this game.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                    we should drop to 5 or 6 in the rankings
                    Ha. You know that's not going to happen. The coaches who vote don't care who plays who. GV will drop to around 10 as is customary.

Comment

In years past I felt like Ferris was clearly the better team, but not this year. I thought we outplayed them but some bad decisions in the 4th and Bart had his worst game, which sounds weird considering he threw for about 500 yards. Hopefully they take care of business the rest of the way and have a shot at playoff redemption

Comment

Ha. You know that's not going to happen. The coaches who vote don't care who plays who. GV will drop to around 10 as is customary.
                        D2 Poll - they were 2 and we were 3 with a pretty even game - 5 lost I think, we should just replace them...

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                          DBs usually have their back turned while a WR is facing the throw. A lot harder to turn and locate the ball and make sure the receiver is covered...not that you don't know this already.

Comment

Yea but if you are the DB and the WR looks up for the ball, you can't assume it is going to be short. You have to play it as if it is going to be in stride. Because if you put on the brakes when the WR looks for the ball and it isn't short, then it's a touchdown.

Comment

Yea but if you are the DB and the WR looks up for the ball, you can't assume it is going to be short. You have to play it as if it is going to be in stride. Because if you put on the brakes when the WR looks for the ball and it isn't short, then it's a touchdown.

Comment

Most QBs are taught to throw that pass at the back of the DBs shoulder, meaning either the WR can come back once they've judged the ball or the DB will run into the WR once he tries to come back and get interference. This isn't a traditional fly route. QB and WR will always have the advantage since they will know where the ball is going while a DB is always in a reactionary position.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X