Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: gv fs game thread

That would be interesting to see 8 guys downfield in pass patterns and the defensive trying to figure out which numbers are eligible

Comment

Who has kickers and punters in the 50 numbers? At least get a manly 98 or 99

Comment

Honestly, on that last drive. Why in the blue thundering blazes are we going 25 yards down the field when we just need to move the chains, burn some clock, and to get it into the endzone?? Just mind boggling that last interception on that drive.

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        GV had a good plan to win this game. The GV WR's were winning more of the battles than they lost on deep throws. This was the best game the GV WR's have played all year. Unfortunately, Bart was awful on all three interceptions. I'm not sure how it is possible to get picked off on two screen passes, and the last one might have been the worst one. You've been succeeding more than not on go routes, and you throw an out route on the key play? Yikes.

Was a little disappointed in the total lack of a run game, but the offense was doing just fine without it. I am guessing a lot of that was a product of Fish being out. Even when GV did run the ball, there was zero push from the OL. They were great in pass protection, though.

I was most disappointed in that GV didn't go for it on 4th and 1 from the Ferris 40 (or 38? I don't know, somewhere around that area).

It felt like we played not to lose more than playing for the win. And GV had the win anyway if they didn't make up a penalty call on that scramble field goal play, and then a no call on Wadley getting his helmet ripped off going up for a pass? Even if it wasn't pass interference, it was still a facemask penalty or hands to the face penalty. There were three potential calls there that were all ignored. Plus, the flag was thrown, and then picked up after the referees watched the video board, which is not supposed to be how it works. Oh well.
        Yeah, I still don't get how they made up that call on him being ineligible, wondering if he gets a number change next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          Honestly, on that last drive. Why in the blue thundering blazes are we going 25 yards down the field when we just need to move the chains, burn some clock, and to get it into the endzone?? Just mind boggling that last interception on that drive.

Yeah, I still don't get how they made up that call on him being ineligible, wondering if he gets a number change next week.
          They must have given these numbers for some reason. Only kickers in nation with 50s as a number. I was surprised both team stopped the normal running game and threw a lot. Great game.

Go Dawgs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OhioD2 View Post
            Checking in to see how the game went between these two highly ranked D2 powerhouses and:
            1) Baffled that those who follow football don't know you can't throw to ineligible number
            2) The kicker would wear an ineligible number if they had this play in the playbook
            3) Some think that this infraction should be ignored
            It was not a fake field goal play. It was a broken scramble play because there were four Ferris guys about to all block the kick at once. McGrath even went in to his kicking motion and then pulled up because there were Ferris guys already laying in front of him. McGrath did not even go out for a route. He was running towards the receiver the ball was being thrown to already to go celebrate with him, because the receiver was wide open.

Additionally, I have yet to find anywhere in the rule book for NCAA where certain numbers are not eligible. There are ranges of numbers that are "strongly encouraged" to be worn for certain positions, but from what I have seen so far, I have yet to see a section which explicitly prohibits certain numbers from being eligible receivers, as it says in the NFL rulebook.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Kicker was in error - he's supposed to go to the edge - behind the line - and secure the backside, he didn't

Comment

Kle - it was a called fake field goal

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                  Kicker was in error - he's supposed to go to the edge - behind the line - and secure the backside, he didn't
                  Billy I agree with you on the play. My question is did GVSU run out of normal numbers for a kicker and now that you can have the same number (offense/defense) why would they have a 50s. I know if he stayed behind the line the play would have been good. A normal number and he would have been fine to run and celebrate with his team as the ball was floating in the air.

2 great teams in the same conference...

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                    It was not a fake field goal play. It was a broken scramble play because there were four Ferris guys about to all block the kick at once. McGrath even went in to his kicking motion and then pulled up because there were Ferris guys already laying in front of him. McGrath did not even go out for a route. He was running towards the receiver the ball was being thrown to already to go celebrate with him, because the receiver was wide open.

Additionally, I have yet to find anywhere in the rule book for NCAA where certain numbers are not eligible. There are ranges of numbers that are "strongly encouraged" to be worn for certain positions, but from what I have seen so far, I have yet to see a section which explicitly prohibits certain numbers from being eligible receivers, as it says in the NFL rulebook.

Comment

Thanks. Guess I didn't find it because I was searching "ineligible" and not "eligible."
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
                        Billy I agree with you on the play. My question is did GVSU run out of normal numbers for a kicker and now that you can have the same number (offense/defense) why would they have a 50s. I know if he stayed behind the line the play would have been good. A normal number and he would have been fine to run and celebrate with his team as the ball was floating in the air.

2 great teams in the same conference...
                        agreed - but the point is, like a lineman he was to go to the backside edge and bump anyone (if he could) and stay there until something good or bad happened - he didn't - the number was immaterial - he is a kid and made a mistake - it happens - his wasn't the only mistake Saturday night so it isn't just on him

Comment

agreed - but the point is, like a lineman he was to go to the backside edge and bump anyone (if he could) and stay there until something good or bad happened - he didn't - the number was immaterial - he is a kid and made a mistake - it happens - his wasn't the only mistake Saturday night so it isn't just on him
                          No kidding. So many "if only's" in this contest. And I suspect the Bull&$^% faithful would be posting the same if things were reversed. I do scratch my head as to why GV risks putting that number on a player that could have the chance to be a receiver. Especially, since I was told that one can't "report" to an official as being eligible like they do in the Pros. (I didn't confirm that though.) I know the numbers are taken, but there are ways around things. Me thinks someone up the line said, eh, don't worry about it. Now, let's make the change so NO ONE has to worry about it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                            No kidding. So many "if only's" in this contest. And I suspect the Bull&$^% faithful would be posting the same if things were reversed. I do scratch my head as to why GV risks putting that number on a player that could have the chance to be a receiver. Especially, since I was told that one can't "report" to an official as being eligible like they do in the Pros. (I didn't confirm that though.) I know the numbers are taken, but there are ways around things. Me thinks someone up the line said, eh, don't worry about it. Now, let's make the change so NO ONE has to worry about it in the future.
                            true - that may happen next year but as I said, his wasn't the issue - in fact, many of us thought that if the D held xsu to 28 we would win - well, the d did their part we just didn't figure on there being a pic 6 to give them the win - doody happens - we dont like it, but it does

Comment

true - that may happen next year but as I said, his wasn't the issue - in fact, many of us thought that if the D held xsu to 28 we would win - well, the d did their part we just didn't figure on there being a pic 6 to give them the win - doody happens - we dont like it, but it does
                              No, it should happen next game. Admit an issue and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                                No, it should happen next game. Admit an issue and move on.
                                It should happen next game but it won't. Mitch will keep doing the same thing expecting different results.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X