Re: gv fs game thread

I bring out the best in you ianstein.

Comment

2015 was a shi#y year

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        They are almost always intentionally thrown short, because it is harder for the DB's to come back to a ball. The only time the WR's are led is when they already have a step on their guy. If they're even, they get thrown short.

Comment

If a DB has his eyes in the backfield as much as a WR, he's not going to be playing much ball.

Comment

They are almost always intentionally thrown short, because it is harder for the DB's to come back to a ball. The only time the WR's are led is when they already have a step on their guy. If they're even, they get thrown short.
            how about those wolverines destroying Wisconsin?!?

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
              you're drinking aren't you? when you get older you'll build up tolerance and won't sound like a twelve year old
              Yes I am to be honest. But even I with a BAC of atleast .006 saw the running back telegraphing that throw back to the QB the moment he recieved the toss.

Comment

GV had a good plan to win this game. The GV WR's were winning more of the battles than they lost on deep throws. This was the best game the GV WR's have played all year. Unfortunately, Bart was awful on all three interceptions. I'm not sure how it is possible to get picked off on two screen passes, and the last one might have been the worst one. You've been succeeding more than not on go routes, and you throw an out route on the key play? Yikes.

Was a little disappointed in the total lack of a run game, but the offense was doing just fine without it. I am guessing a lot of that was a product of Fish being out. Even when GV did run the ball, there was zero push from the OL. They were great in pass protection, though.

I was most disappointed in that GV didn't go for it on 4th and 1 from the Ferris 40 (or 38? I don't know, somewhere around that area).

It felt like we played not to lose more than playing for the win. And GV had the win anyway if they didn't make up a penalty call on that scramble field goal play, and then a no call on Wadley getting his helmet ripped off going up for a pass? Even if it wasn't pass interference, it was still a facemask penalty or hands to the face penalty. There were three potential calls there that were all ignored. Plus, the flag was thrown, and then picked up after the referees watched the video board, which is not supposed to be how it works. Oh well.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Because the DB's have to react to the WR on go routes. Their back is to the ball. If the WR is playing it correctly, he is selling it like a go route until the last second, where he can stop and come back to the ball and the DB can't. That has been GV's offense for 12 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                    If a DB has his eyes in the backfield as much as a WR, he's not going to be playing much ball.

Comment

• Re: gv fs game thread

how about those wolverines destroying Wisconsin?!?
                      Didn't watch it at all. Was kind of busy. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                        Yes I am to be honest. But even I with a BAC of atleast .006 saw the running back telegraphing that throw back to the QB the moment he recieved the toss.
                        .006? you're selling yourself short...Im thinking .17ish

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                          It was a WR, not an RB, so I guess you weren't that attentive. :laugh:

Comment

Usually I would be mad after a game like this, but it's alright. It was a good game. It was the best game GV has played against Ferris in a while. I thought they played better in this game than when we beat Ferris in the playoffs a couple years back. That was a game that got handed to us in the 1st quarter and then had to hold on for dear life. Lost 3 of 4 quarters in that game. This was just a good game between two good teams. Hopefully we see each other again, and I think even if we have the same game plan, I like our chances. Bart just has to make better choices. Still can't wrap my head around two interceptions on screen passes. It happens, though, I guess. We'll be fine. I feel more confident leaving this game that GV can beat Ashland than I was before this game.

We contained a running QB for the first time in a while. Before that big scramble in the 4th quarter after we whiffed on a sack, Ferris was averaging about 2 yards per carry. That was encouraging. The discouraging part was Ferris having 180+ passing yards on 4 completions at one point. Felt like watching the Navy offense where they only complete a couple passes, but when they do, they are huge gains because the defense is selling out against the run. But I'd rather do that than get gouged for 6-8 yards per carry. GV played fine, just didn't get the calls to go their way. Had one phantom call against them to take away a touchdown, and one non-call that didn't make any sense.

Comment

GV had a good plan to win this game. The GV WR's were winning more of the battles than they lost on deep throws. This was the best game the GV WR's have played all year. Unfortunately, Bart was awful on all three interceptions. I'm not sure how it is possible to get picked off on two screen passes, and the last one might have been the worst one. You've been succeeding more than not on go routes, and you throw an out route on the key play? Yikes.

Was a little disappointed in the total lack of a run game, but the offense was doing just fine without it. I am guessing a lot of that was a product of Fish being out. Even when GV did run the ball, there was zero push from the OL. They were great in pass protection, though.

I was most disappointed in that GV didn't go for it on 4th and 1 from the Ferris 40 (or 38? I don't know, somewhere around that area).

It felt like we played not to lose more than playing for the win. And GV had the win anyway if they didn't make up a penalty call on that scramble field goal play, and then a no call on Wadley getting his helmet ripped off going up for a pass? Even if it wasn't pass interference, it was still a facemask penalty or hands to the face penalty. There were three potential calls there that were all ignored. Plus, the flag was thrown, and then picked up after the referees watched the video board, which is not supposed to be how it works. Oh well.
                              I agree 100%

I think we'll b playing them again...it's tough to beat a good team twice

Comment

I agree 100%

I think we'll b playing them again...it's tough to beat a good team twice
                                Personally I'd like to not see them again, haha. I'm hoping maybe OBU or NWMS can take them out first, haha! Maybe we can finally get NWMS in to Allendale if things fall correctly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X