Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA, GLIAC and Ferris

I hope they get in the PO's and lose in the first round.
    If they get in and go deep, we will hear about how they cheated for the next 15 years.
    If they miss the PO's, we'll hear about how "the best team in D2" wasn't in the PO's for 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      If they get in and go deep, we will hear about how they cheated for the next 15 years.
      If they miss the PO's, we'll hear about how "the best team in D2" wasn't in the PO's for 15 years.
      I suspect most would agree. However, I would like to see at lease something handed out by the NCAA, otherwise the rules can be toothless, just self report.. "oops, we messed up.. everything's ok now." Otherwise ditch the nullification document.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
        Do you know if Grand Valley reported him for playing for Ferris.

Comment

Everyone's looking for the NCAA and GLIAC to get Ferris out. Just beat us on the field and it won't matter.

Comment

Competitive advantage is a subjective term and shouldn't even be a factor in issuing a punishment. The bottom line is Ferris cheated and should be punished. Otherwise what the hell does the NCAA have rules for?!? This could set a bad precedent if the NCAA gets this wrong which I suspect they will.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
              Competitive advantage is a subjective term and shouldn't even be a factor in issuing a punishment. The bottom line is Ferris cheated and should be punished. Otherwise what the hell does the NCAA have rules for?!? This could set a bad precedent if the NCAA gets this wrong which I suspect they will.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                Everyone's looking for the NCAA and GLIAC to get Ferris out. Just beat us on the field and it won't matter.
                They can't beat us..hence the huge uproar. Do you really think the GV fanatics on here would be foaming at the mouth if this was a 5th string DT playing for Norhwood?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  100% correct.
                  Originally posted by The Looter View Post
                  They can't beat us..hence the huge uproar. Do you really think the GV fanatics on here would be foaming at the mouth if this was a 5th string DT playing for Norhwood?

Comment

Well, sort of.

You're correct that there isn't any foaming. I would also submit that the bemusement is at the weakness of the NCAA and the GLIAC to enforce their own rules. As for any eye-rolling, it is at the fact that the staff in question is "at it again".

I don't care about this because I think they "gained an advantage" with the athlete in question. I care about it because, AGAIN, anyone who thinks this incident is isolated is ABSOLUTELY KIDDING THEMSELVES. It's not a reach to assert that they've gained an advantage with other players that DO make a difference.

Case in point: With this same kid, I have it on good authority that FSU staff visited him before he had a release from Akron. That's another violation...why didn't they turn themselves in for that? You honestly expect me to believe that both their staff AND their compliance office don't know the rules? Give me a break. It isn't ineptitude...it's knowing the rules can be skirted with nearly no chance of repercussion. Once that is accepted, it's pretty hard to buy that there isn't at least one difference-maker on that roster that was gained via a rule bend.

Comment

Actually, no. I haven't read many or anyone asking for Xerris to miss the POs as a result of the rules violation. I myself want to see the team eliminated by being taken care of on the field. However, there are rules, and TA is the head coach. So yes, I am looking for some accountability with compliance with rules. This wasn't the first time and this one is really cut and dry. So, point fingers all you want, but for me, it is about the coach. And it will still matter even when Xerris is beaten on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
                        Yup!

Comment

agree...i am hoping gvsu can make a deep run this year and if they do i dont want it to be because a possibly better team was disqualified over a technicality...bring em on

Comment

Yeah Ferris is really good. I hope they set it up for FSU and GV to play in round 1 and GV wins.

Comment

Could not agree more..so what Ferris broke a few rules in recruiting the kid and letting him play and possibly D Q in the kid for his career...lets play it on the field...providing we can both get there first!! No easy games let for GVSU for sure!

Comment

Is there that much difference in the administration of the GLIAC and the RMAC?

https://rmacsports.org/news/2016/10/...inkdata=396184

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X