Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris St. vs Valdosta St. National Championship

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    This was a hard fought game with the worst officials that anyone could imagine. I thought VSU did an amazing job of trying to hand the game to Ferris on a platter between the terrible play calling and clock management and of course the gift TD from the Dback batting the ball back inbounds. I also was surprised that Ferris did not run the ball more up the middle as those wide runs went to VSU speed...but Ferris did also make some big gains on those sweeps so I guess thats a wash. I was amazed to hear them talk about Tony and his " giving kids a second chance" Sure when the kid is a 5 star he is willing to give him a shot no doubt...what about the kid punched the girl a few weeks ago...before the police have even filed anything that kid is gone..so is the payoff offering kid...wheres that second chance? Of course this kid was not playing and would not matter...I thought all kids mattered to Tony? So it should be 'offering second chances to really good kids"?

Anyway Ferris had a great season and did everything that was asked of them until the last game. Thats good stuff..really is..they beat their rival GVSU in a very close game so there is that..

BTW has anyone heard about the player that lost his career due to the error in compliance? Has there been any good news on that front or is the kid done, as the NCAA rule book says? I hope they can get that over-turned...seems like the kid got bad info even though other schools had given him the correct ruling...

Well enjoy the off season and be sure and check in about June 1, 2019 for a huge announcement coming out of Allendale!

Anchor Up and Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

The big count is still Lakers 4, Bulldogs 0.
    The paying off kid is still on the team and starts, and played every snap for Ferris on Saturday. He has started every game this year.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
      We have.

1.) Played California, Ohio, (just south of Pittsburgh) in semi. It had snowed the previous two days. Game temp was around 38. We won.
      2.) Played Mankato in semi. They are 80 miles S.W. of Minneapolis. Game temp again was mid 30's.

Mic drop.
      Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Just for clarification, if there are two digits in the temperature it's not considered cold. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
          Just for clarification, if there are two digits in the temperature it's not considered cold. ;)
          That game in 2012 was actually quite tame weather wise. It was the next day that was nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
            How about you come to play us mid December at our house...How would you guys do in cold weather.
            We'll be happy to come play you in December if you'll come play us in south Georgia in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
              We'll be happy to come play you in December if you'll come play us in south Georgia in September.
              Deal...we did that in Mississippi and it was fine...we get 90s and humid all training camp so lets set that up!

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                Deal...we did that in Mississippi and it was fine...we get 90s and humid all training camp so lets set that up!
                It will never happen because in your region losses are more heavily penalized. Two or even three losses and we're still in the playoffs but SR3 is not that forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                  It will never happen because in your region losses are more heavily penalized. Two or even three losses and we're still in the playoffs but SR3 is not that forgiving.
                  Grand Valley will play anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    Well, use some of your clout to make it happen. It would be a great game.

Comment

Ferris State wouldn't make it playing us in that 100 degrees heat index.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
                        You seem to think that the GLIAC teams dont play in heat index like that? Look up some boxscores on the first games in August...we dont have the mosquitos that you all seem to bring in for gameday I will say...the mosquitos at the Delta game had their own parking spots reserved..

Comment

Anytime!

Comment

Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
                            I was in Dallas and called home to complain that it was 103. My Dad scoffed and told me I was a wimp- it was 107 back home.

Don't think that it doesn't get hot and humid up here. All of the igloos are melted before August.

Comment

While they traveled to Monmouth and played WOU, and LA and played Azusa, I have ti on good word that GV will not travel to Ellensburg and play CWU.

GV and NW are two schools I would love to see a rematch game with my Wildcats.

Comment

Just spoke with Drew Brees, and they are considering it!
                                G.V. is going to surprise a lot of folks next year.

I mailed our A.D. to consider an OOC game with Lakers,
                                as they did with Delta this year. Great exposure for D2!
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X