Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

It's very possible it is purely logistics purposes. But when 1 PSAC, 1 CIAA, and at least two FCS schools are declining the offer for GV to travel to them, and two of those schools already had games scheduled, so they were prepared to play, then what do you think the reason is?
    For some, money. For IUP specifically, they started camp a week later since they didn't have a game week 1, so they were unwilling to start the season with 1 less week of camp. I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

For some, money. For IUP specifically, they started camp a week later since they didn't have a game week 1, so they were unwilling to start the season with 1 less week of camp. I don't blame them.
      Yeah, but don't think that we wouldn't use this for anyone that we happen to meet in the playoffs, if we're lucky enough to get there.

Comment

If you're going to bring in a team crossing state lines, you better hope its a private school that could mandate vaccinations long ago. PA state schools were hamstrung by a state assembly that was so put off by the governor's mitigation efforts last summer that won't budge on considering vaccines or masks.
        What do "state lines" have to do with it? Are CalU and Slippery Rock at major risk now?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

What do "state lines" have to do with it? Are CalU and Slippery Rock at major risk now?
          I don't know. But each state can impose restrictions on travelers. I said that without researching if there would be any.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Some states just have some different suggestions for people visiting. I don't think it is really pertaining to things like football teams, though. For example, there's some NFL teams in states where to gather in large events, it is required to have proof of vaccination, but they are making exceptions for players from opposing teams.

For a while, a lot of bigger cities like Chicago and New York were requiring visitors to quarantine for x number of days or provide proof of vaccination if at certain venues.

I don't know if any of this is applying to Pennsylvania, though. Michigan is not requiring or suggesting anything.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Money wouldn't be the excuse in this instance. GVSU was willing to pay to play on the road.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X