Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVSUAlum View Post
    Sadly I see no way into the playoffs for SVSU if they win out and finish 8-3. With 3 loses all to top 10 teams and playing one of the hardest schedules in the country will not help the Cardinals break into the top 7 teams in the region. Currently the regional rankings have 3 teams with 2 loses ahead of SVSU so that tells me even if anyone in the top 7 lose one of its remaining games they are likely to stay ahead of SVSU in the rankings. After watching the Cardinals all year I do believe they are a playoff caliber team but playing in a tough region I think they get left out. Their defensive secondary might be the best in the country and their overall talent is as good as anyone in the GLIAC. Likely to end the season on a 6 game win streak, I don't think anyone in the region wants to see them as a #7 seed.
    Yeah, I have to agree. I thought that maybe the SOS was good and that would help other metrics, but looking at the numbers, it really didn't materialize. I suspect playing Wayne twice is significant.
    You can check the numbers yourself.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Select Region 3 link near the bottom. It'll take you the raw numbers. It doesn't explain how they are waited though.

Comment

I think GV might have a chance to pull out the number 2 seed if they can have to big blow outs to end the year. Having the first game cancelled and also scheduling a D3 school (Even though that D3 school would easily compete in the GLIAC) will be the only reasons they dont. Will be fun to see how it all shakes out, hopefully Harding finds a way to lose, I dont think anyone wants to sit and watch that snooze fest.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post
        I think GV might have a chance to pull out the number 2 seed if they can have to big blow outs to end the year. Having the first game cancelled and also scheduling a D3 school (Even though that D3 school would easily compete in the GLIAC) will be the only reasons they dont. Will be fun to see how it all shakes out, hopefully Harding finds a way to lose, I dont think anyone wants to sit and watch that snooze fest.

Comment

Getting GV to the 2 line would be nifty, but my hunch is that if that had any potential of happening we would have seen it already. I know that Harding's SOS is going to slide even more than GV's will over the next couple of weeks, but I can't fathom it will be by enough to cause a change. I suppose the only thing that GV fans could root for is for Northern to win their last two, as that would give GV another win over a .500+ team...and on the road no less. Outside of that (or an inexplicable Harding loss), my guess is GV will stay on the 3 line.

Another thing to keep tabs on is NW...their OWP won't really change, but they are assured of picking-up one more .500+ opponent over the next two weeks. I'm also going to be interested to see how Lindenwood's slotting shakes out, as it is possible that both of their remaining foes could work their way into being .500+ opponents as well.

Comment

Seem pretty interested in the GLIAC forum. Convince your guys to join our conference, we NEED the teams

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Yeah, I have to agree. I thought that maybe the SOS was good and that would help other metrics, but looking at the numbers, it really didn't materialize. I suspect playing Wayne twice is significant.
              You can check the numbers yourself.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Select Region 3 link near the bottom. It'll take you the raw numbers. It doesn't explain how they are waited though.
              I guess the numbers are what they are and yes I don't think playing Wayne State helps us any but with loses to #7 GVSU, #8 Bowie St, and #1 Ferris St not sure anyone would like to trade us schedules. Our non league schedule was very tough but with no top 20 wins I can't complain to loud. I hope all 3 teams that beat us go show out in the playoffs and dominate. Good luck guys!

Comment

O I think plenty of us have seen this type of offense before...it burns clock, keeps the others teams offense off the field and gets them cold and out of sync when working right and scores a lot of points...much like the service academy offenses...and you don't face it often...I am sure its fun for you...not so much for everyone else...but first...ya gotta get there...still games to be played so lets see what shakes out!!

Comment

As the kids say real recognize real, so as a GSC guy I look in on the GLIAC every now and then, so I know Ferris & GV fans go hard at each other. I know you've gotten past that little bum in this thread but I want to commend you guys for moving away from the mess & keeping it about the game. Hats off!

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                    As the kids say real recognize real, so as a GSC guy I look in on the GLIAC every now and then, so I know Ferris & GV fans go hard at each other. I know you've gotten past that little bum in this thread but I want to commend you guys for moving away from the mess & keeping it about the game. Hats off!
                    I hope you aren't referring to me :( Whole reason this started was because I was telling a random to kick rocks for bringing up dumb stuff

Comment

I hope you aren't referring to me :( Whole reason this started was because I was telling a random to kick rocks for bringing up dumb stuff
                      I just appreciated the way you all handled it.

Comment

I just appreciated the way you all handled it.
                        All good. You said "bum" so i thought you were saying I was the random ******* haha Probably should of thought harder about my username -_-

Comment

All good. You said "bum" so i thought you were saying I was the random ******* haha Probably should of thought harder about my username -_-
                          Wow, talk about amazing coincidences, that was a typo. I meant to write "little bump in the thread", not wanting to re-raise the issue. Apologies for my poor typing skills, and for possibly raising your blood pressure :). Although, as a self identified bum you probably roll with the punches anyway.

Comment

Wow, talk about amazing coincidences, that was a typo. I meant to write "little bump in the thread", not wanting to re-raise the issue. Apologies for my poor typing skills, and for possibly raising your blood pressure :). Although, as a self identified bum you probably roll with the punches anyway.
                            hahaha thats awesome. As the town bum of the thread I embrace the smack talk between us GLIAC guys. After hearing how awesome everyone was down in Valdosta for the spring practices and the fact im good friends with your guys DE Arrington, I got nothing but love for you guys. I just hope GV makes it all the way and we dont have to see you guys haha

Comment

hahaha thats awesome. As the town bum of the thread I embrace the smack talk between us GLIAC guys. After hearing how awesome everyone was down in Valdosta for the spring practices and the fact im good friends with your guys DE Arrington, I got nothing but love for you guys. I just hope GV makes it all the way and we dont have to see you guys haha
                              C'mon man why not, it'd be a slobber knocker! I'd love for us to play GV.

Comment

C'mon man why not, it'd be a slobber knocker! I'd love for us to play GV.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X