Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Only using 2007 rules!
    Are you thinking theres a chance at NWMS jumping GVSU?

Comment

If that is the case, it is a bad application of rules and needs to be changed.

Essentially, it's the practice of ranking someone based upon how we ranked them.
      Yeah, it's a feedback loop, and it's that way in most D2 and D3 sports.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Are you thinking theres a chance at NWMS jumping GVSU?
        I definitely think there is a chance. You need to root against SVSU (not hard to do, I know!).

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Yeah, it's a feedback loop, and it's that way in most D2 and D3 sports.
          Great way to describe it.

Comment

I definitely think there is a chance. You need to root against SVSU (not hard to do, I know!).
            Saw your post from earlier stating that a Tech loss would drop them from the .500+ ranks of GV's resume. I'm not sure I follow. The Huskies have beaten five D2 teams. One of their losses was to an FCS team (doesn't count). Two of their losses are to GV...so, at present, isn't Tech hitting GV's #'s at 5-1...and twice? That's a big reason GV's OWP is strong. Even if the GV games weren't backed out, AND the FCS game were counted, Tech only has a ten-game schedule so the worst they can finish is 5-5...still .500. No?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nicolette View Post

Saw your post from earlier stating that a Tech loss would drop them from the .500+ ranks of GV's resume. I'm not sure I follow. The Huskies have beaten five D2 teams. One of their losses was to an FCS team (doesn't count). Two of their losses are to GV...so, at present, isn't Tech hitting GV's #'s at 5-1...and twice? That's a big reason GV's OWP is strong. Even if the GV games weren't backed out, AND the FCS game were counted, Tech only has a ten-game schedule so the worst they can finish is 5-5...still .500. No?
              Tech will count as an opponent with a winning record. The removal of games against the team in question only applies to the SOS calculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Tech will count as an opponent with a winning record. The removal of games against the team in question only applies to the SOS calculation.
                Ah. OK. So, the fact that they only play nine total D2 games and have won five ensures that the worst they could finish is 5-4 in terms of the "victories over a team whose record is .500 or better" component. Correct?

Comment

Ah. OK. So, the fact that they only play nine total D2 games and have won five ensures that the worst they could finish is 5-4 in terms of the "victories over a team whose record is .500 or better" component. Correct?
                  Correct.

Comment

I would be wrong on the Tech record. I don't know whether I should go back and delete it so that someone doesn't get confused or leave it.

Comment

Admittedly, I'm looking at how GV is seeded where they are. I may be tunnel visioned for the other seeds.

I still don't see how the committee CURRENTLY has GV as a 3. I would think they might be a 4 since a lot of the w/l metrics don't favor GV.. mostly due to playing fewer games. And the one that might really be tripping GV up is that record vs ranked teams. It's kind of an odd metric, as was mentioned earlier, since how does one use ranking status to determine ranking? Huh? If I were king, I'd look at number of losses and SOS/OPP. If things were tied, then I'd eyeball the other metrics. And fwiw, I have no idea how that performance indicator influences the seedings either.

We should all realize, it's still up to the committee to determine the weighting for the metrics. It's not spelled out anywhere. So that might be the biggest unknown of all.

I'm not sure it's a huge deal if GV winds up as a 2,3 vs a 4 since I suspect those Bsdogs are likely on the path to the natty. Still, someone could knock of the BSdogs before GV would get the chance to play them were GV to be a 2 or 3 seed. As a fan, I just don't want to drive far... LOL

I'm still on the fence as to what benefits GV more with the SVSU/MTU game. Could Saggy wind up in the top 10 with a win? And does that help GV even more?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

If I were king, I'd look at number of losses and SOS/OPP. If things were tied, then I'd eyeball the other metrics. And fwiw, I have no idea how that performance indicator influences the seedings either.

We should all realize, it's still up to the committee to determine the weighting for the metrics. It's not spelled out anywhere. So that might be the biggest unknown of all.

Could Saggy wind up in the top 10 with a win? And does that help GV even more?
                        I agree with your first sentence.

The only thing that seems to be spelled out is that the first five must be considered before the last three.

I don't think it would hurt.

Comment

Like I said....
                          Anyone have a link to see who is on the regional selection committees? I'd like to know who to email when they screw up

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                            Like I said....
                            Anyone have a link to see who is on the regional selection committees? I'd like to know who to email when they screw up
                            Page 13 of this PDF:

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf

Super Region 3 Committee is:

Mike Babcock (McKendree), Todd Helton (SW Oklahoma State), Jerry Hughes (Central Missouri), Forrest Karr (Northern Michigan), Josh Lynn (Nebraska-Kearney), Matt Mitchell (Grand Valley State), Will Prewitt (N/A), Brad Wachler (Lindenwood).

Babcock and Mitchell are the two members who are also on the national committee, and Babcock is the chair of the national committee.
                            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I used Massey to project the results of this weekend's games. I then used that information to compile records, estimate OWP when applicable, and calculate the Performance Indicator, etc.

This is my projection of SR3.
                              x
                              Current In-Region Division II OWP v. .500+ PI v. Ranked
                              1. Ferris State 9-0 (1.00) 9-0 (1.00) .546 4-0 (1.00) 28.889 2-0 (1.00)
                              2. Harding 9-1 (.900) 9-1 (.900) .509 4-1 (.800) 27.900 2-1 (.667)
                              3. Grand Valley 6-1 (.857) 7-1 (.875) .565 4-1 (.800) 28.000 0-1 (.000)
                              4. Northwest 8-1 (.889) 8-1 (.889) .531 2-1 (.667) 28.444 1-1 (.500)
                              Next
                              1. Ferris State 10-0 (1.00) 10-0 (1.00) .530 4-0 (1.00) 28.900 2-0 (1.00)
                              2. Northwest 9-1 (.900) 9-1 (.900) .533 5-1 (.833) 27.800 2-1 (.667)
                              3. Harding 10-1 (.909) 10-1 (.909) .500 4-1 (.800) 26.909 2-1 (.000)
                              4. Grand Valley 7-1 (.875) 8-1 (.889) .545 4-1 (.800) 27.111 1-1 (.500)

x
                              x

x
                              v. 500+ v. Ranked
                              Ferris State 1.530 1.530 * W MTU
                              * W GVSU
                              * W SVSU
                              * W UF
                              (5)
                              (7)
                              (7)
                              (7)
                              * W GVSU
                              * W UF
                              (#3)
                              (#10-1)
                              Harding 1.409 1.409 * W HSU
                              * W OKBU
                              * W OBU
                              * L SEOSU
                              * W ECU
                              (9)
                              (6)
                              (8)
                              (8)
                              (6)
                              * W HSU
                              (l) L SEOSU
                              (l) W OBU
                              (#6)
                              (#8)
                              (#10)
                              Grand Valley 1.420 1.434 * W MTU
                              * L FSU
                              * W SVSU
                              * W W MTU
                              * W CSUP
                              (5)
                              (9)
                              (7)
                              (5)
                              (6)
                              * L FSU
                              (+l) W MTU
                              (+l) W MTU
                              (+) W SVSU
                              (#1)
                              (NR)
                              (NR)
                              (NR)
                              Northwest 1.433 1.433 * W UNK
                              * L WU
                              * W PSU
                              + W ESU
                              (+) W MWSU
                              (+) W FHSU
                              (7)
                              (8)
                              (7)
                              (6)
                              (6)
                              (6)
                              (l) W UNK
                              (l) L WU
                              (+) W PSU
                              (#7)
                              (#9)
                              (NR)

Comment

I have thought about this from about every angle I could, and tried to work #'s however I could. I think I'm with Brandon...my gut is telling me that GV is going to end up on the 4 almost any way this gets sliced. I tend to agree also that NW has a real good chance of jumping all the way to the 2...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X