Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GV Tickets Question

Saw there are reserved sections for visitors at Lubbers. Went online to buy tickets and it wasn't an option. Can any GV fans assist?

Going to a game at Lubbers is a sports bucket list one for me. Bonus that my alma mater is the other team.

Re: GV Tickets Question

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Saw there are reserved sections for visitors at Lubbers. Went online to buy tickets and it wasn't an option. Can any GV fans assist?

Going to a game at Lubbers is a sports bucket list one for me. Bonus that my alma mater is the other team.
    Maybe you are trying to get too many tickets? I'm looking right now and it is letting me choose the reserved sections with a quantity of two tickets.

https://gvsutickets.universityticket...b713e078d23e39

Just choose your quantity for "General Public" over on the right, and then hit Select Seats and it will take you to a map of the stadium to select the section you want.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      Maybe you are trying to get too many tickets? I'm looking right now and it is letting me choose the reserved sections with a quantity of two tickets.

https://gvsutickets.universityticket...b713e078d23e39

Just choose your quantity for "General Public" over on the right, and then hit Select Seats and it will take you to a map of the stadium to select the section you want.
      Have had season tix for so long I've never even really looked to see how they would sell single games. The link Kle provided is pretty cool. I monkeyed around out there for a minute and I could buy a whole slew of tickets (not just two), so not sure if maybe they were having issues? Just do the General Public deal like Kle suggested and folks should be able to find and buy whatever seats are out there available. Whole sections of the visitor side for that game look like they are open for purchase.

SCOT - If all else fails, give our ticket office a try: 616.331.3200 during normal business hours. Willing to wager that someone there can either guide you through the site, or might even take your order over the phone.

Thanks for coming out to see us. Hope you have a great time.

Comment

Shameless plug. This is not intended to come across as boastful, but it is a good idea to buy your tix ahead of time. GV tends to reserve a section for visitors (maybe it's required to do so?? but no matter.) but I suspect they'll let them go near game day. With this game being early in the season with the better weather, one might expect a great crowd.. translation- better seat locations become rarer.

Here's hoping you get the seats you desire. Feel free to share this over on the PSAC thread for those that might be attending.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          Shameless plug. This is not intended to come across as boastful, but it is a good idea to buy your tix ahead of time. GV tends to reserve a section for visitors (maybe it's required to do so?? but no matter.) but I suspect they'll let them go near game day. With this game being early in the season with the better weather, one might expect a great crowd.. translation- better seat locations become rarer.

Here's hoping you get the seats you desire. Feel free to share this over on the PSAC thread for those that might be attending.
          Good advice, for a pair of reasons:

1) We will get strong attendance from the community with the weather being nicer, and everyone is home (after Labor Day, all kids back in school, all H.S. games will have been the night before, etc.)
          2) The students come out in force for the first game: Tons of freshmen excited to see what one of our games is all about, plus...again, the weather. AND, post-Labor Day...fewer kids will be running home for the weekend as it isn't a "long" one.

15K+ for that game would not surprise me. Our last five home openers we have averaged a hair under 14K, and three of those games were on the Thursday before Labor Day...always a drag on attendance.
          The two Saturday games in that mix were a 15K and a 16K...admittedly, they were semi-rivalry games, but they were week 2 in both instances...not the true "opener". With this being a season-opener, against someone new that we haven't played before, and everything I mentioned above, I think the conditions will be ripe for a strong crowd.

Students technically aren't supposed to sit in those reserved areas, but once the game starts they'll often start to fill those seats in. It's good that you're getting on it now...there are a lot of good seats still open on that visitor side.

Again, excited that you're coming to Allendale, SCOT. Truly hope you enjoy your visit! If this is bucket list as you state, you're opportunity to come see us (particularly against your own team) is about as prime as you can get. It's a pretty short list of scenarios that could top it...an unseasonably warm game in late October against Ferris, Saggy or Ashland with both of us unbeaten might be the only things that would make it livelier. You should have a good time. Just, hope it's not TOO good of a time. :wink:

Comment

Along the ticket lines, do we know if the home games will be covered on ESPN again this year?

Comment

New ticketing system this year for GV. If you have any issues, go ahead and call the ticket office at (616) 331-3200. More than willing to help you out and get you some tickets for the game.

Typically, visitors want to sit behind the bench, which are sections 115-120 and 217-220.

Hope this helps some!

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post
                Along the ticket lines, do we know if the home games will be covered on ESPN again this year?
                Pretty sure EPSN3 will be broadcasting GV home games.

Comment

Shouldn't our season tickets be coming in the mail soon??

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    They already did, you're lady probably threw them out. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                      They already did, you're lady probably threw them out. :laugh:
                      You clearly don't know my soon to be wife good sir. Part of our honeymoon plan is Delta State at GVSU. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        Saw a tweet within the last couple of days showing a pic of a bunch of them in a box in the athletic offices. Guessing they're going out this week...

Comment

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
                          Pretty sure EPSN3 will be broadcasting GV home games.
                          Here ya go:
                          https://gvsulakers.com/news/2019/8/1...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Nice. Thanks!

Comment

Fightingscot - did you make it to the game? How was your experience?
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X