Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

To narrow it down more, I've heard anywhere between one week and lifetime.
    He's listed first on this week's depth chart for Ferris, so could be 0 weeks and lifetime!
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

He's listed first on this week's depth chart for Ferris, so could be 0 weeks and lifetime!
      The TA way:doh:

Comment

So is Campbell done again?

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
          So far, it kind of seems like they're only playing him against the more "worthy" opponents. Maybe he's still on the mend and they're only using him when absolutely needed?

Comment

Not much clarification but here is two stories on it from the last 24 hours. Apparently has returned to practice at least.

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/3848693002

https://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-r...outputType=amp

Comment

No clue with respect to JC's status, but one would think the school might release something to avoid a storm cloud from forming over the team. TA is known to play games, but this isn't smelling like gamesmanship to me. I have to agree with Jake R's perspective on the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                No clue with respect to JC's status, but one would think the school might release something to avoid a storm cloud from forming over the team. TA is known to play games, but this isn't smelling like gamesmanship to me. I have to agree with Jake R's perspective on the issue.
                This comment on the MLive article is interesting: "Come on Jayru, get your head straight. Don't blow this chance. It may be your last one. Coach Annese is trying to help you, even if you don't realize it."

I know you should take comments on MLive with a grain of salt, but that was a pretty confident statement on that person's part.

Comment

It is D-II football. The number of people who care about JC's status is in the double digits, and they're all here, or in the football buildings at the schools Ferris hasn't faced yet this year. There's no "storm cloud"....it is a quarterback on a D-II football team.

Comment

It is D-II football. The number of people who care about JC's status is in the double digits, and they're all here, or in the football buildings at the schools Ferris hasn't faced yet this year. There's no "storm cloud"....it is a quarterback on a D-II football team.
                    Normally this would be right...but the kid is the reigning D2 player of the year on a team that has a legit shot at winning a national title. So when he doesn't play and is not practicing its note worthy. It also funny that the coach keeps telling everyone its health related when its clearly not. If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, but don't BS stuff.

Comment

In this particular situation, though, he's a guy from Detroit that led a state championship team, had a scholarship to Michigan State as a 5 star QB prospect, got caught assaulting a school employee and domestic abuse, lost his scholarship, and disappeared off the map until he showed up at Ferris. He has a little more attention on him in-state than your average D2 QB.

Comment

Normally this would be right...but the kid is the reigning D2 player of the year on a team that has a legit shot at winning a national title. So when he doesn't play and is not practicing its note worthy. It also funny that the coach keeps telling everyone its health related when its clearly not. If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, but don't BS stuff.
                        My guess is he very loosely ties it into mental health and therefore feels justified to say it's health related.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

In this particular situation, though, he's a guy from Detroit that led a state championship team, had a scholarship to Michigan State as a 5 star QB prospect, got caught assaulting a school employee and domestic abuse, lost his scholarship, and disappeared off the map until he showed up at Ferris. He has a little more attention on him in-state than your average D2 QB.
                          Exactly. Say what one wants, but there is a bit of a following in the Detroit market. If JC didn't have that baggage that he picked up at Cass, then Kle has a bit of a point. But that, along with being the CURRENT HH winner, adds some sparkle to JC - like it or not.

So, ok, it's ONLY D2... whatever. But JC was front page headlines in metro Detroit back a bit. So, you can bet the media will promote a story on him.. good or bad.

Comment

Exactly. Say what one wants, but there is a bit of a following in the Detroit market. If JC didn't have that baggage that he picked up at Cass, then Kle has a bit of a point. But that, along with being the CURRENT HH winner, adds some sparkle to JC - like it or not.

So, ok, it's ONLY D2... whatever. But JC was front page headlines in metro Detroit back a bit. So, you can bet the media will promote a story on him.. good or bad.
                            I just don't think the Detroit Free Press is going to start running stories asking about "Where's Jayru for the Bulldogs?" as the season goes on. He's just going to fade in to the darkness and nobody is really going to notice.

Comment

Why do you think it isn't health-related? We know he had a shoulder issue leading up to the season. And he played in the 2nd and 3rd games, but didn't play in the 1st and 4th. If it was something besides an injury, then I would guess he wouldn't have played at all yet. Not come back for two weeks and then be gone again. And those 2nd and 3rd games were against two of the toughest opponents they're going to face all year, allegedly. So, to me, it just reads like he's still partly-injured, but him injured is still better than the other options who are healthy, so they played him in those games, and have sat him out of the other two games so he can rest. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he sits until late October for their SVSU game. They can sleepwalk through the next three weeks with any bum playing QB.

Comment

I just don't think the Detroit Free Press is going to start running stories asking about "Where's Jayru for the Bulldogs?" as the season goes on. He's just going to fade in to the darkness and nobody is really going to notice.
                                https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ce/3832969002/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ue/3848693002/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X