Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post
    Well, I think that’s unfortunate if they would be treated the same in Allendale. Shouldn’t be that way. And intoxication is no excuse, because I’m high or crossed as balls at every game, but never did stuff like that.

I really liked that they packed the stadium. Who needs to sit lol. It was like that everywhere as far as I could tell, not just the visitor side. GV broke their attendance record for them. They had 12 thousand in a 6 thousand capacity stadium. People are too concerned with safety these days, what they did was far more fun and exciting in my opinion.
    Large crowds are great if they can be handled. There were multiple families who had to lower their kids down through the stands to strangers on the ground and then climb down themselves to take their kids to the bathroom. It was a danger to everyone there. There was an elderly woman with a walker who would have had zero chance to get out of the stands if she needed to. There were, just like you, Ferris people trying to walk through the GV stands and there was a GV person standing directly in the middle of the walkway at the front of the stands not allowing them, or anyone else, to go through, and pushing people in the shoulders who would scrape up against him. If the GV students wanted to be a nuisance like they were, then they should have been on the end of the stands with the band where nobody else needed to get out. Instead, they were directly in the middle of the stands, inhibiting anyone from getting in or out.

It's also extremely weird that you're taking issue with being mistreated in a student section you have no business being in, and then turn around and say "who gives a **** about safety"
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

yote_7 Love the energy being in the student section. Keep that **** up. Also the stadium overflowing with people is exactly what D2 football should be about. The guys play too many games where no one is there and its special when you can tell its standing room only. The rivalry continues to grow and the amount of people attending will as well. Maybe the hill billys can afford a few more bleachers for the away side so kids can go potty efficiently.

Comment

If Ferris students didn't mistreat you in their student section at their home field, I'd be extremely pissed and disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
          My two observations from the game.

The GV offense is like pulling teeth when Jahdae Walker isn't on the field. It is anemic if he is on the sideline. After going up 10-7, he got hurt I think and missed the next couple drives, and the offense was just horrendous. It has been that way all year when he gets nicked up. It feels like he is the key to the entire offense. When he isn't on the field, defenses can go man-to-man and bring blitzes because there's no other receivers who are beating their DB. There's no threat from anyone else. But when he *is* on the field, he requires at least a double team, and in one instance when GV got their field goal, they threw a fade to Walker in the front corner of the endzone when Ferris had three guys on him. But when he's in the game he opens up other receivers and also the run game. It is imperative that he is kept healthy, in my opinion. He is the key to the entire offense just by being on the field, in my opinion. It feels like when he's not on the field, the defense essentially gets a play off. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but that's what it feels like when watching.

Big shout out to the defense for their job. It is tough because the way to beat Ferris is to get quick pressure with only your four down linemen. If you bring a blitz, Ferris always has a hot read ready, and that's how they scored their first TD. GV brought a blitz but Mylik had the ball out on a two-step drop and that quick read wasn't covered because there weren't enough guys to cover everyone. So it's kind of like a pick your poison thing. Because if you don't bring a blitz and your four down linemen can't get pressure on their own, quickly, then you're gonna get picked apart because their skill positions are too talented to cover for more than a couple seconds. But I think there was a good balance today. That first TD was kinda the only blemish.
          Great observation and analysis Mr. Selgo

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post

Great observation and analysis Mr. Selgo
            lol you make yourself look really dumb when every other person on this board knows who I actually am lolol. Sure would take Selgo's paycheck, though.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

lol you make yourself look really dumb when every other person on this board knows who I actually am lolol. Sure would take Selgo's paycheck, though.
              Not as dumb as you’ve looked for the last decade with your head up MM’s ass…just saying…

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post

Not as dumb as you’ve looked for the last decade with your head up MM’s ass…just saying…
                lmao oh no how dare I not call for the coach of the #1 team in the country's firing lolololololololol

Comment

Well, well, well, where do I even start? It was a hell of a game and I'm very happy to have been there. The best live sports experience that I've ever had, and a great one for my senior year. But I have to say, this is only the regular season game of the century. "Game of the century" is a term that came from the old Division 1 system, a stupid one where they choose a champion without a playoffs.

I now completely understand why coach Annese seems to always try to make sure tempers aren't too bad with this rivalry. It seems like he always makes comments in interviews where he is alluding to fans and players to keep their cool. I witnessed the need for this first hand in the Bullpup student section. I sat with friends, most of whom were Ferris students. Despite not talking any sh*t the entire game, and even admitting that I predicted Ferris to win, they were not at all happy for me to be there.

A couple guys threatened to kill me, plenty of f*ck yous and middle fingers happened, especially whenever Fairy state made a big play. The guys behind me kept putting sh*t in my hood, the worst of which was a bite of hotdog soaked in mustard. I am not even going to try to remove that stain, since it is a memory of this victory, and it is on the inside of the hood anyway. All during this pathetic display of mindless tribalism, I just kept smiling and ignoring it all. The most I would do is give an Anchor Up. I really hope that a Ferris student is not treated this way in the GV student section, but if I ever see one there, I will try to make them feel welcomed.

It is quite interesting to me, how the Fairies do not seem to make any chants for themselves. The only time they would say a positive chant or cheer for their team was when led by the cheer leaders. Once the cheer team left, the students just chanted these things repeatedly- "F*ck GV", "Anchor Down", or "F*ck the Lakers". Even stranger, they would direct these chants at the Laker fans next to them, turning around to face us instead of the field. They loved the anchor down symbol because they have nothing to do for themselves, and they have no cheers to make for themselves. The truth is, they hate us more than they like themselves. It's pathetic, but very funny. The victory was only more satisfying because of it.

I had not planned on being in the student section, but that's where my friends texted me to go. I snuck in a artificial noise maker called a super kazoo. It is extremely loud and sounds kinda like the tug boat horn played at GV games. However, because of the unfriendly atmosphere, I did not dare to use it. But after all the harassment, I decided to pull it out after the go ahead TD. No more turning the other cheek. I used it for every good Laker play the last 3 and a half minutes, and when the bullpups lined up for the fourth down attempt, I let out a long and loud blast the whole time pre-snap. I doubt that the distraction caused the Fairy false start, but the student section sure acted like it. Boy, were they mad. I made the long blast again for the next play too, where FSU rolled the dice with the deep pass on fourth down, obviously unsuccessful. While GV was kneeling out the clock, I went ham on the thing just blasting short bursts as people covered their ears.

After a sufficient amount of people threatened many different injuries on me (they said they'd kill me well before I took out the super kazoo, to be fair), I moved close to a group of Laker fans that were in the student section 15 yards away. They all had GV football gear on, and I think they were former players. It was much safer next to them. Nothing was more satisfying than watching the fans shuffle out of the stadium after a comeback loss. All that sh*t talking for nothing, that's why I don't participate in it.

I loved that GVSU was able to dominate the line of scrimmage, although they only dominated it in the second half. There was a stretch in the late third where Mylik Mitchell got hit on like 7 out of 8 plays in a row. I was surprised that they ran so much 5 wide, is that normal? And since Caleb Murphy had zero sacks, I imagine that Quinton Barrow shut him down in the pass block. Although, Murphy did get 9 assisted tackles, but zero solo tackles. I wonder how many of those assisted tackles are legit, after the week 1 stat-juicing fiasco.

Can't wait for the rest of the season for these two great football squads! ANCHOR UP!!!
                  Was that you that had that at the Northern Michigan game yesterday???

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Was that you that had that at the Northern Michigan game yesterday???
                    Yes, could you hear it? Where were you seated?

Comment

Yes, could you hear it? Where were you seated?
                      section 208, right in the corner closest to the student section.

Comment

Ok I was in the middle of the student section so that's not very impressive

Comment

Also, there were a couple of NMU students in our student section next to us. Seems like they were treated well. They wouldn't shut up about hockey though. I understand this isn't a rivalry, but I do think that is a good look for us

Comment

Also, there were a couple of NMU students in our student section next to us. Seems like they were treated well. They wouldn't shut up about hockey though. I understand this isn't a rivalry, but I do think that is a good look for us
                            Northern Michigan and GVSU isn't much of a rivalry, unless you're an oldtimer like BillyGV is. And the student section wasn't really packed at all Saturday, which was kinda surprising considering just how nice out it was, no Michigan or Michigan State game to worry about. And that game didn't have nearly of the hype that the Ferris-GVSU game had going.

But yeah, they would probably love for us to have NCAA D1 hockey. Just going to take someone dropping about 40 million or so to really get the ball rolling on that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Northern Michigan and GVSU isn't much of a rivalry, unless you're an oldtimer like BillyGV is. And the student section wasn't really packed at all Saturday, which was kinda surprising considering just how nice out it was, no Michigan or Michigan State game to worry about. And that game didn't have nearly of the hype that the Ferris-GVSU game had going.

But yeah, they would probably love for us to have NCAA D1 hockey. Just going to take someone dropping about 40 million or so to really get the ball rolling on that.
                              Not making excuses for student turnout, but I think they have a 2 day break? Maybe they bugged out for a long weekend?

Comment

LMAO my brother goes to NMU and this sounds exactly like him. "GV kicked your ass 7 ways to Sunday in football yesterday." "Oh yeah? Well where's your d2 hockey?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X