X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DawgUp
    replied
    Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

No way you actually believe the Ferris Oline and TEs are better... absolutely no way lol
    Bum, didn't we discuss you responding to quotes after you started drinking...:

"I'll give you QB (based on consistency), RB, Oline, TE, LB. Dline, WR, DBs go to Ferris."

Our Oline is basically a ton of RFr and we don't even play a TE unless we're inside the 7yd line.

Leave a comment:

• FSUBulldog27
    replied
    Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post

I remember thinking how easy it would be to beat shepherd in the semis in 2015. Then we knocked out their star QB on like the first drive and still lost the game. I wouldn’t overlook any of the remaining teams.
    Ferris 55 Shepherd 7 in semis last year. Did they improve that much this year? The winner of GV and Ferris will be the d2 champion

Leave a comment:

• GVSU-2019
    replied

I remember thinking how easy it would be to beat shepherd in the semis in 2015. Then we knocked out their star QB on like the first drive and still lost the game. I wouldn’t overlook any of the remaining teams.
    That was my freshman year at GV and I'm still mad about it. My buddies and I bought a couch to burn and everything

Leave a comment:

• GV Retired Bum
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

I'll give you QB (based on consistency), RB, Oline, TE, LB. Dline, WR, DBs go to Ferris. Issue with Ferris is the penalties and turnovers. Can't count how many drives we stalled on offense due to penalties and turnovers and how many opponent drives were kept alive by defensive penalties. Pitt St for example. 5 TOs, 100 yds in penalties (although those refs were brutal) and held undefeated MIAA champs to 1 offensive TD and 217 total yds while accumulating 387. That's 5 extra possessions they got and 5 we lost.

When I look at these teams from a skill set perspective, no way GV is better that Ferris at virtually every position. You're a more consistent and complete team. You're running game compliments your Def. Where our 5wr passing game and lack of running game puts our Def in tough positions. That shows late in games against good teams because they're worn down.
    No way you actually believe the Ferris Oline and TEs are better... absolutely no way lol

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Good luck to GVSU. If we had to lose, just hope it was to the eventual Champ again. This might bode well for GVSU-if memory serves me over half of NWMSU’s 20 playoff losses have been to the eventual Champ.
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-29-2022, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gliac_fan10
    replied
    With all the talk here about comparing positions and players I decided to put a list together of the top 35 in this game (like ESPN does for big games). Mostly for myself to get a better feel on how this one may play out. Few disclaimers: there are a few Ferris guys who have missed the past few games so I left them off (they would be in this, and probably towards the top), secondly Ferris has rotated a lot of OL this year, so outside of Sieler, I admittedly don't have a great feel on the rest of their OL as far a individual players. And lastly, no offense meant to any players (I probably don't even know what the heck I am watching or talking about haha):
    1. Caleb Murphy - DE - FSU
    2. Marcus Taylor - RB/PR/WR - FSU
    3. Abe Swanson - LB - GV
    4. Garrett Carroll - OL - GV
    5. Quinton Barrow - OL - GV
    6. Christian McCarroll - DE - GV
    7. Jordan Jones - DT - FSU
    8. Jack Gilchrist - DT - GV
    9. Vincent Cooley - CB - FSU
    10. Jahde Walker - WR - GV
    11. Tyrese Hunt-Thompson - WR - FSU
    12. Tariq Reid - RB - GV
    13. Colton Hyble - DE - GV
    14. Cyntell Williams - S - FSU
    15. Nyzier Forqurean - CB - GV
    16. Olalere Oladipo - DE - FSU
    17. Cade Peterson - QB - GV
    18. CJ Jefferson - WR - FSU
    19. Jayk Slager - TE - GV
    20. Seth Hoonhorst - DT - GV
    21. Shaderrick Bradford - DT - FSU
    22. Gabe Brown - OL - GV
    23. Cody Tierney - WR - GV
    24. Jaylon Tilman - WR - GV
    25. Mylik Mitchell - QB - FSU
    26. Jordan Davis - OL - GV
    27. Joel Linden - OL - GV
    28. Jay’viar Suggs - DT - GV
    29. Terez Reid - CB - GV
    30. Kyler Blake-Jones - OL - GV
    31. Sidney McCloud - CB - FSU
    32. Adam Sieler - OL - FSU
    33. Damon Wesley - LB - GV
    34. Ian Hall - DE - FSU
    35. Denzel Williams - LB - GV
    Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 11-29-2022, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Yup. I put my opinion out there.. It's only my opinion. Watcha got?
    I'll give you QB (based on consistency), RB, Oline, TE, LB. Dline, WR, DBs go to Ferris. Issue with Ferris is the penalties and turnovers. Can't count how many drives we stalled on offense due to penalties and turnovers and how many opponent drives were kept alive by defensive penalties. Pitt St for example. 5 TOs, 100 yds in penalties (although those refs were brutal) and held undefeated MIAA champs to 1 offensive TD and 217 total yds while accumulating 387. That's 5 extra possessions they got and 5 we lost.

When I look at these teams from a skill set perspective, no way GV is better that Ferris at virtually every position. You're a more consistent and complete team. You're running game compliments your Def. Where our 5wr passing game and lack of running game puts our Def in tough positions. That shows late in games against good teams because they're worn down.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied

I gotta agree. Other than IUP and MAYBE Wingate, there isn't a sure out. Sure GV will be favored, but Mines or Shep? And from what I gathered, seeing Mines at Lubbers again isn't that much of a stretch. And who really knows about WF and Angelo if we see them in TX? But let's get the BSdogs out of the way first.

Leave a comment:

• GVLakerFan24
    replied
    Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
    Terrible one team has to lose. I feel like this is the Natty game this Saturday. Get matched up with Shepard in Semis… and then a decent final. This is it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Coach? I say we are 3 point underdogs for this game.
    I figured coach is hot button. But yes, TA has pulled a play or two to make a difference. Add in that QB play has really been a key to FSU past wins. Frankly, I think the mystique has been solved and the corner has turned. So, I'm thinking that it's a push these days.

I'm still curious as to other's opinions on this. Especially from the Bsdog contingent. A slap about my opinion and a question about coach with a point spread prediction is the best you got? You guys aren't even barking, let alone biting.

Leave a comment:

• FSUBulldog27
    replied
    Terrible one team has to lose. I feel like this is the Natty game this Saturday. Get matched up with Shepard in Semis… and then a decent final. This is it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• FSUBulldog27
    replied
    I'm admittedly biased but by looking at position groups, who has the edge?

QB- MAYBE FSU... Maybe. if Cade is on, it swings to GV.

Oline- GV. Not the case last year, but this year. Talent, and likely more importantly Depth

WR- GV. This is tough and I may as well address this here as anywhere. FSU has some significant studs on the entire team.. Murphy, Taylor. and??? They individually be a game breaker. But GV also has a few AND appears deeper and talented across the board. So at WR it may be a push and mostly due to Taylor.

RBs- GV. FSU's Taylor is good, but not his best position. Reid, Provencher, Moreno. I'll put this group over most every other backs in the nation. Even Shep's or Mines.

TE's- Not usually noticed, but the groups at GV gets the nod.

Dline- Tough due to Murphy, but GV's is deep and has more players. GV

LB's.. I would say even, but Swanson really adds hugely. GV

Safeties. Push

Corners. 2 months ago, FSU, now GV. They kids grew up well and fast.

Kickers.. GV

Return game. I think Taylor returns, if not. so Maybe a slight edge to FSU.. unless Mooky goes strong.

So throw the darts. My glasses are blue, but had to throw it out there.
    Coach? I say we are 3 point underdogs for this game.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

LOL, so basically GV has the better offense, defense and special teams. Lets just add in the better coach too. Man might as well not show up this weekend. Wonder how we stayed so close in that last one.
    Yup. I put my opinion out there.. It's only my opinion. Watcha got?

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    I'm admittedly biased but by looking at position groups, who has the edge?

QB- MAYBE FSU... Maybe. if Cade is on, it swings to GV.

Oline- GV. Not the case last year, but this year. Talent, and likely more importantly Depth

WR- GV. This is tough and I may as well address this here as anywhere. FSU has some significant studs on the entire team.. Murphy, Taylor. and??? They individually be a game breaker. But GV also has a few AND appears deeper and talented across the board. So at WR it may be a push and mostly due to Taylor.

RBs- GV. FSU's Taylor is good, but not his best position. Reid, Provencher, Moreno. I'll put this group over most every other backs in the nation. Even Shep's or Mines.

TE's- Not usually noticed, but the groups at GV gets the nod.

Dline- Tough due to Murphy, but GV's is deep and has more players. GV

LB's.. I would say even, but Swanson really adds hugely. GV

Safeties. Push

Corners. 2 months ago, FSU, now GV. They kids grew up well and fast.

Kickers.. GV

Return game. I think Taylor returns, if not. so Maybe a slight edge to FSU.. unless Mooky goes strong.

So throw the darts. My glasses are blue, but had to throw it out there.
    LOL, so basically GV has the better offense, defense and special teams. Lets just add in the better coach too. Man might as well not show up this weekend. Wonder how we stayed so close in that last one.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

Lost to NWMSU in 2018
    There you go, my bad.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X