Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Its a great High School Stadium - I really think they need to find a 20k MLS stadium in South or Midwest - FC Cincinnati, or St.Louis, Nashville - FC Dallas or play final in the Fargo Dome.
    That's a great idea, but the NCAA can't just tell someone they're going to host the game. Places have to bid to host, and nobody wants to bid to host, because it is a money-losing proposition.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Its a great High School Stadium - I really think they need to find a 20k MLS stadium in South or Midwest - FC Cincinnati, or St.Louis, Nashville - FC Dallas or play final in the Fargo Dome.
      I’m not sure why anyone who plays home games at big rapids would complain about McKinney.

Comment

• D2 had a great location at Sporting KC until they decided at the last minute to replace their turf🤬

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          I’m not sure why anyone who plays home games at big rapids would complain about McKinney.
          Not like Piitsburg is a tropical paradise. I was not complaining about McKinley - I was replying to someone. Fargo Dome would be cool location.

Comment

Not like Piitsburg is a tropical paradise. I was not complaining about McKinley - I was replying to someone. Fargo Dome would be cool location.
            LOL, the stadium itself puts Big Rapids to shame.

Comment

It would make no sense for the D2 title game to be played at a different NCAA level's stadium. That's why they stopped hosting it at North Alabama.

Comment

• Anyone happen to see the final stats for this game? Might be the most "even" football game I've ever seen, statistically.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

It would make no sense for the D2 title game to be played at a different NCAA level's stadium. That's why they stopped hosting it at North Alabama.
                  I probably wouldn't be upset if it was held at Lubbers. I am not upset that it is held at McKinney. That stadium is pretty nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    D2 had a great location at Sporting KC until they decided at the last minute to replace their turf🤬
                    This was the best.

Comment

I feel partly responsible for this video thing. I responded to a survey that Time-Warner/NCAA sent out in the spring about the NCAA hosting a video service for postseason play as it pertains to D2 sports, and during the process of doing like a zoom interview while they showed me stuff, I gave pointers on what I thought people would want to see. And then they asked if this was something I'd be willing to pay for, and I gave them my input on that lol. I told them I would do, at most, 9.99 to have video for all postseason games for the entire school year. All postseason football, basketball, softball, baseball games combined. That was with the assumption that they were going to be professional broadcasts, with real announcers and HD cameras. Not some of the awful announcers and camera quality we see across the country during the regular season.
                      Thanks for owning up to it...

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I probably wouldn't be upset if it was held at Lubbers. I am not upset that it is held at McKinney. That stadium is pretty nice.
                        It's an embarrassment that the DII Championship is played in a HS stadium...

Comment

Have you.......have you seen the high school stadium in Texas?
                          Yes. It's the principle of the thing. There's plenty of MLS/USL stadiums that would are plenty nice and not be an embarrassment.

Comment

I say settle for USL and play at Lynn Family Stadium in Louisville. Seats 15k, centrally located in the country in a big fun city, and the weather should theoretically cooperate.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

It's an embarrassment that the DII Championship is played in a HS stadium...
                              The stadium is nicer than every D2 stadium in the country, though. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post

I say settle for USL and play at Lynn Family Stadium in Louisville. Seats 15k, centrally located in the country in a big fun city, and the weather should theoretically cooperate.
                                Again, though......places have to bid and volunteer to host the D2 championship. The NCAA can't just say "we're gonna play at your stadium, deal with it." D2 and the NCAA don't have much of a choice if only one or two places are willing to host it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X