Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris vs Lackers part deux

So let's get this started. We all know they hosed SR3 "again" with pairing Ferris vs GV. There was no way they were going to send Ferris to another region so you'd potentially have 2 SR3 teams in the Semis.

That being said, time to take care of business. Its the playoffs and no one should be shying away from tough games. TA or no TA, we'll do what we always do. Go into Lubbers (might as well be a home game for us - 6-2 since 2012) and compel the Lackers to concede the playoffs to the Bulldogs once again.

Not sure of any injuries on either side (although all teams are banged up at this time of the year), but hopefully both teams are at full strength. If they have GLIAC refs, good grief. Whatever the new marching orders are, they're missing obvious calls and making calls on things that are iffy. Still looking for some consistency out of that.

No whining or crying. No mystery fumbles. No Matt Mitchell to blame. No injuries. Current forecast is 46* and no precipitation. 2 teams enter, 1 team leaves.

Game of the year.

Lets go Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather have GLIAC refs, because then at least both teams know what to expect. Rather than having some other conference's refs who call an entirely different game. Let it be another barn burner with the GLIAC refs. It won't be, though. Last year's game was not GLIAC refs. I would assume we'll have GLVC or MIAA refs.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I get the sense that this game is a pucker-up game for both fanbases, because we never know what to expect. They could be 1 point games, or they could be 35-point blowouts, and nobody really knows who is actually the better team on any given day.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        I'd rather have GLIAC refs, because then at least both teams know what to expect. Rather than having some other conference's refs who call an entirely different game. Let it be another barn burner with the GLIAC refs. It won't be, though. Last year's game was not GLIAC refs. I would assume we'll have GLVC or MIAA refs.
        You should pray that you don't get MIAA refs.

Comment

Its insane this game is being played to start the playoffs. West Florida at Delta State is bad but this is horrific.
          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Using the NCAA theory they would assign GLIAC Refs so they could limit travel expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
              Its insane this game is being played to start the playoffs. West Florida at Delta State is bad but this is horrific.
              I hate how they run playoffs nowadays. Big games should be played later in the postseason, not in round one

Comment

Is this only gonna be on Flosports?

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post
                  Is this only gonna be on Flosports?
                  I really don't know. NCAA inked a deal to have 23-24 PO's on some service (HUDL??) for a fee. I don't know enough about contracts as to how this impacts the games where another service streamed the regular season. I would keep checking GV's web site as they should have links to video there.

Comment

I feel partly responsible for this video thing. I responded to a survey that Time-Warner/NCAA sent out in the spring about the NCAA hosting a video service for postseason play as it pertains to D2 sports, and during the process of doing like a zoom interview while they showed me stuff, I gave pointers on what I thought people would want to see. And then they asked if this was something I'd be willing to pay for, and I gave them my input on that lol. I told them I would do, at most, 9.99 to have video for all postseason games for the entire school year. All postseason football, basketball, softball, baseball games combined. That was with the assumption that they were going to be professional broadcasts, with real announcers and HD cameras. Not some of the awful announcers and camera quality we see across the country during the regular season.

Comment

Can we write-up some 1 week contracts and have Harbaugh coach FSU and TA coach UofM this Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Bart Harley Jarvis View Post
                        Can we write-up some 1 week contracts and have Harbaugh coach FSU and TA coach UofM this Saturday?
                        As a Michigan fan, no thank you

Comment

Any of you Bulldog posters know where TA will be Saturday? I'd love to shake his hand. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                            Any of you Bulldog posters know where TA will be Saturday? I'd love to shake his hand. ;-)
                            Someone better make sure there's no Connor Stalions business happening at Pitt State! lol

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Someone better make sure there's no Connor Stalions business happening at Pitt State! lol
                              Reading some of the Pitt posters, it seems that they've added the NW sandbag style to their game. Sounds like they can barely field enough players for a game Saturday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X