Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this be the year GV breaks the cycle of playoff purgatory?

On paper this isn't a coin toss game like it has been. GV is definitely supposed to win this game, especially without Tony A on the sidelines. Then again, Ferris has that mental edge. They know how to win in the playoffs. GV hasn't proven that they do. For that reason, it's back to being a coin toss.

It should be fun to watch. I hope the streaming service archives it and I can keep from hearing the score during the Pitt game so I can watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Will this be the year GV breaks the cycle of playoff purgatory?

On paper this isn't a coin toss game like it has been. GV is definitely supposed to win this game, especially without Tony A on the sidelines. Then again, Ferris has that mental edge. They know how to win in the playoffs. GV hasn't proven that they do. For that reason, it's back to being a coin toss.

It should be fun to watch. I hope the streaming service archives it and I can keep from hearing the score during the Pitt game so I can watch it.
      FWIW, Massey has this game with GV as a 4.5 point favorite. If you subscribe to the idea that home field is worth 3 points, then it's a 1.5 point game.

As you mentioned, Ferris knows how to win this game in the playoffs and GV doesn't. So to me, it's kind of like a situation of you have to prove it before I can believe in it. So while I obviously want GV to win, I'm fully mentally prepared for the loss and am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Not to mention, Ferris is obviously going to have more motivation given the loss earlier this year, given they want to put up a fight to defend their reigning championships, and given that they're gonna be without their coach......there's a lot working in Ferris' favor from a mental standpoint.

Part of me also wonders if TA being suspended might actually be an advantage for Ferris, only because it is possible that whoever is calling plays is going to have an entirely different scheme than what GV knows to expect from TA. These teams are so familiar with each other, that throwing a different character in to the mix (like possibly happened with Wooster in the first matchup?) can sometimes give the advantage to the school with the "new" character, because you don't know what to expect.

So anyway, that's my thoughts. Expect the worst, hope for the best, basically.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Let me start by saying I am not taking anything away from GV who definitely won the game - to start a 16 yard punt by FSU at beginning of game led to 1 play TD by GV - The 3 touchdown blitz that started at end of 1Q TD, onside kick recovered then TD and then pick 6 in a span of 3 minutes ....These things never happen in our matchups - Anything that could go wrong went wrong and all went right for GV. So being down 35-0 with 13 mins to go in 2nd Quarter - we cut the lead to 35-28 but ran out of gas. Penalties were out of whack also 16 for 129 vs 5 for 45 - We had more total offense ... so I don't think all this will happen Saturday - Like you said the motivation is there - bad seeding, revenge game, playing for TA - us against the world mentality and always motivated to play our hated RIVAL!!!!!!!! GO DAWGS - Hope everyone leaves healthy.

Comment

The game is getting MIAA officials. Yes, refs ARE part of the game. FSU is the most penalized team in the division. Hard to believe that trend won't continue. With these games historically being tight, it's hard to believe that officiating won't impact the outcome. With FSU's discipline being a notch worse from previous years...do the math. I still think it comes down to line play. All 4 units are good. My bias shows the guys in Blue having the edge. Come on Saturday.

Oh BTW, no replay either. Only used for semis and finals in the PO's.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
            The game is getting MIAA officials. Yes, refs ARE part of the game. FSU is the most penalized team in the division. Hard to believe that trend won't continue. With these games historically being tight, it's hard to believe that officiating won't impact the outcome. With FSU's discipline being a notch worse from previous years...do the math. I still think it comes down to line play. All 4 units are good. My bias shows the guys in Blue having the edge. Come on Saturday.

The MIAA officials know how, though! Also, I hope you guys dont get Neibling. His crews are probably the worst out of all the MIAA refs. It would be an interesting day for Ferris, considering how much they are penalized. MIAA refs wouldn't call offensive holding if the tackle bear hugged the DE. It may be division wide, considering how terrible officiating is at all levels.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerDad

Some people have a real problem accepting responsibility and instead deflect to other issues. Perfect example of this crafted by DawgUp.
              Tell me more about me even though you don't know a thing about me. Not sure where you read that I stated that TA isn't responsible. My point is individuals get on here and talk like they know so much when they don't. That's not deflection, that's reading what's in print.

But thank you for proving my point.

Comment

15 grand in damages goes beyond not cleaning up. It would be a felony if you or I did it.
                LOL ok...yeah they did 15k in damages. I can tell you there are multiple individuals who know that is exaggerated. People who seen the damage. I'm sure both of those locker rooms got some very nice upgrades that they didn't have before that game. What's the NCAA gonna say? No thank you and have to find another venue to host a Natty game?

The reason they keep bringing up the smoking is because that's what really pi$$ed them off. The locker room damages were a Joe Pesci "go physically satisfy" yourself for having to put up with that 2 years in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Tell me more about me even though you don't know a thing about me. Not sure where you read that I stated that TA isn't responsible. My point is individuals get on here and talk like they know so much when they don't. That's not deflection, that's reading what's in print.

But thank you for proving my point.
                  So tell me where I'm wrong with my posts. I readily admit when I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

The MIAA officials know how, though! Also, I hope you guys dont get Neibling. His crews are probably the worst out of all the MIAA refs. It would be an interesting day for Ferris, considering how much they are penalized. MIAA refs wouldn't call offensive holding if the tackle bear hugged the DE. It may be division wide, considering how terrible officiating is at all levels.
                    If that's the case and we only have to worry about False starts, maybe we can keep it within 14 before GV puts in their 2nd and 3rd stringers. : )

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I think most of the GLIAC is used to not getting interior line holding calls. To be fair, there's seams to be a small uptick with that this season. Where I think the GLIAC went overboard was calling tight outside blocking holds. That went up a bunch. Seemed like every other outside play got a flag dropped. The officiating has some new tie in with the B1G and so a few tweaks apparently were incorporated.

I seem to recall that MIAA crews typically don't drop a flag much. It's more the close AND big plays.. Turnovers, spotting the ball, whistles that really can impact an outcome too.

Comment

I think most of the GLIAC is used to not getting interior line holding calls. To be fair, there's seams to be a small uptick with that this season. Where I think the GLIAC went overboard was calling tight outside blocking holds. That went up a bunch. Seemed like every other outside play got a flag dropped. The officiating has some new tie in with the B1G and so a few tweaks apparently were incorporated.

I seem to recall that MIAA crews typically don't drop a flag much. It's more the close AND big plays.. Turnovers, spotting the ball, whistles that really can impact an outcome too.
                        I'm convinced they got the spot wrong in our last game a couple times. Especially after we got "stopped" on downs at the goal line. After watching the video feed our QB was clearly leaning over the goal line, but they couldn't see the ball to see where it was. Yet they spotted it literally 2 inches from the goal line for UCO to start.

Comment

MIAA ref handbook.
                          1-call holding randomly 2x per game. Ignore it the rest of the game.
                          2-PI is a myth created by the man to keep refs down. We refuse to acknowledge anything short of stabbing as such.
                          3-Each game, we will randomly decide what's important. ie: Today you will be able to maul the qb as long as you aren't more than 4 steps away when he throws the ball. Next week, you will be flogged for giving the qb a dirty look.
                          4- We will have conferences about everything. Even when we don't throw a flag.
                          5- After the whistle stuff will be allowed to go on for at least a half until there is nearly a brawl, then we will flag people.

Comment

I forgot about the spots. They can be pretty random.

Comment

MIAA ref handbook.
                              1-call holding randomly 2x per game. Ignore it the rest of the game.
                              2-PI is a myth created by the man to keep refs down. We refuse to acknowledge anything short of stabbing as such.
                              3-Each game, we will randomly decide what's important. ie: Today you will be able to maul the qb as long as you aren't more than 4 steps away when he throws the ball. Next week, you will be flogged for giving the qb a dirty look.
                              4- We will have conferences about everything. Even when we don't throw a flag.
                              5- After the whistle stuff will be allowed to go on for at least a half until there is nearly a brawl, then we will flag people.
                              This is egregious! Shoving, jawing all well after the play. I've seen guys' helmets get ripped off post play. Facemasks are only called when they are twisted backwards and swung around by them.
                              Then, if you tackle a guy as theyre going out of bounds on the opposing teams sideline, then it will be called a late hit. Hitting them 3 steps out of bounds on your own sideline, its okay.

Comment

This should be on FLO, but of course it’s not. Way to screw over subscription holders.

Eff the NCAA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X