Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Some are saying that the NCAA has no idea. There doesn't seem to be a rule that applies. About the only thing for certain is that the sidelines are off limits. Would TA take the high road or try an in your face move? You make the call.
    How did they hand!e Harbaugh? Should be the same.

Comment

[QUOTE=

Comment

At least we got something from the GLIAC commissioner:

2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

How did they hand!e Harbaugh? Should be the same.
          Maybe, but I thought the restrictions were in the order. With TA I thought it only read "suspended."

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            At least we got something from the GLIAC commissioner:

Not sure what it will take but enough people and institutions must speak up. I know all the silo conferences will keep status quo. Make sure we get our Harding and Tiffin of the world in first place in a weak conference and get rewarded with a 1 seed. By doing that you end up with matches like ours this weekend in ROUND 1.

Comment

I seem to recall there was more to his suspension than two players lighting cigars in a smoke free locker room.

https://www.woodtv.com/ncaa/ncaa-foo...-against-gvsu/

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                I seem to recall there was more to his suspension than two players lighting cigars in a smoke free locker room.

As I recall, they messed up the locker room in McKinney the year before as well, and the Mckinney people were not happy about that, and the NCAA covered the damages then. Given how McKinney bailed out D2 football after Sporting KC screwed around and wanted to pull the game from their stadium for one year so that they could put new turf in in 2018 without giving us a solid back up plan, like maybe putting a football field in Kaufman stadium in KC for that one game or maybe perhaps borrowing Arrowhead for the day.

Comment

Why did the NCAA pay? It should’ve been FSU paying for their damages

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    Why did the NCAA pay? It should’ve been FSU paying for their damages
                    The NCAA fined Ferris too with the TA suspension, so in a roundabout way they did, but after the fact

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post

That was the official reason given, and like big said, they did it the year before. There was a lot more that went into it too, it was not for an isolated incident but the isolated incident was what was published by the news organizations that picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

The NCAA fined Ferris too with the TA suspension, so in a roundabout way they did, but after the fact
                        Yeah, there was more to it, but exactly what isn't clear. I have my bias, but I think the NCAA dropped the ball on the penalties. Most fans and media only read/repeat that this was about a couple of guys lighting up a stogie and some signage taken down. NCAA never provided the whole story and the repeated behaviors. So instead, TA looks like a martyr and the NCAA is made fun of for looking petty. And this doesn't even bring in what happened after last year's FSU/GVs PO game... both postgame on the field and in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Yeah, there was more to it, but exactly what isn't clear. I have my bias, but I think the NCAA dropped the ball on the penalties. Most fans and media only read/repeat that this was about a couple of guys lighting up a stogie and some signage taken down. NCAA never provided the whole story and the repeated behaviors. So instead, TA looks like a martyr and the NCAA is made fun of for looking petty. And this doesn't even bring in what happened after last year's FSU/GVs PO game... both postgame on the field and in the locker room.
                          Here we go again the GV locker room story.... sorry forgot to clean up -

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Here we go again the GV locker room story.... sorry forgot to clean up -
                            Well, go ahead and defend it. The media is playing the story up that a couple of guys lit up a couple of stogies, so what's the big deal? Look at the bigger picture and at least some of it makes sense.

So you're cool with trashing locker rooms? It's not a story. It's a fact. I don't bring it up, but when people scratch their heads about a punishment that is "only" due to a minor action, it's hard to sit back and let that rhetoric go. A bit more credible than a FSU supporter trying to downplay what really happened, or even worse, denying that it did.
                            Last edited by Redwing; 11-16-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Yada yada yada. It happened, he's suspended. All you Lackers get off your moral soap box. Yeah, some of the seniors tore NCAA National Championship posters off the walls as momentos. Others lit up the stogies. Amazing how all the GV people know more happened in the Ferris locker room than was told. Even know more than the Ferris people who were there.

Yall have a masters degree in Ferris football. I'm still waiting for charges to be brought against Hunt-Thompson that are surely coming from the Ottawa county prosecutors.

Stick with your own team. Focus on bragging about your 6 mil going towards your stadium and then acting like you don't have a financial and competitive advantage over other D2 programs.

Maybe we should hire a cleaning crew to walk through and clean up the stadium after the game Saturday. Don't want you sending files to the Big Ten trying to get TA suspended for next year playoffs because there's a gatorade cup on the sideline.

Snowflake University

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                                Yada yada yada. It happened, he's suspended. All you Lackers get off your moral soap box. Yeah, some of the seniors tore NCAA National Championship posters off the walls as momentos. Others lit up the stogies. Amazing how all the GV people know more happened in the Ferris locker room than was told. Even know more than the Ferris people who were there.

Yall have a masters degree in Ferris football. I'm still waiting for charges to be brought against Hunt-Thompson that are surely coming from the Ottawa county prosecutors.

Stick with your own team. Focus on bragging about your 6 mil going towards your stadium and then acting like you don't have a financial and competitive advantage over other D2 programs.

Maybe we should hire a cleaning crew to walk through and clean up the stadium after the game Saturday. Don't want you sending files to the Big Ten trying to get TA suspended for next year playoffs because there's a gatorade cup on the sideline.

Snowflake University
                                15 grand in damages goes beyond not cleaning up. It would be a felony if you or I did it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X