Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NW Announces 3 Finalists for AD Position

Maybe AP will be a good hire...heck who knows, but Jazinski it a tool...he needs to be ousted.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
      Based on your ad hominem attacks I realize this will mean nothing but here goes anyway. Those 3 had been assistants for their particular sports prior to taking over as head coaches. Essentially they were training for the role. AP was the asst AD for the last 5 years and training for the role of AD, whether it be here or somewhere else. Just like anyone else who is in an assistant role at any position, anywhere. It's not like he's going from being assistant basketball coach to AD.

Additionally, I would argue he has had more training and development to take over the AD role than most assistants do in taking on head coaching roles. As much as people want to fall all over Mel and worship at his feet, he was a terrible AD. I know people will point to the championships that were won under his watch but they don't know the real story of what was happening in the department. He was simply a figurehead that was not going to make any tough decisions. Scott, Lori, Mark, and AP had been splitting his job duties for the last couple of years as he was simply checked out. AP was the one who took on that role primarily though.

There is, without a doubt, a difference of opinions at the University and it is clear what side you stand on so I'm sure none of what I said will matter. People will spin every decision based on what side they are on.

I 100% AGREE with the underlined portion.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
        +1
        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Comment

A great leader surrounds himself/herself with well informed and capable individuals. They don't need to do everything! That is why Mel was so successful. He expected you to be the best at what you did or you were replaced.
            Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

I guess I just assumed right from the day he was hired as AD that his main gig was going to be as a figure head and fundraiser

Comment

Like when the residents of Nebraska elected Tom Osborne as a state senator.

Comment

mt made nwms & did so the right way. he could've spent his entire tenure as ad at mozingo parking tee shots in the drink & i wouldn't give 2 ****'s.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                    mt made nwms & did so the right way. he could've spent his entire tenure as ad at mozingo parking tee shots in the drink & i wouldn't give 2 ****'s.
                    Ditto

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X